Designer jeans

OttawaJohn

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

How’s this for an interpretation of the designer jeans clause:

”Dress nicely. Don’t look like a slob. Respect your fellow passengers who took time to dress nicely and don’t want to be around slobs.”

Excellent !!

With your permission , can I add :

And, don't put the Staff in an uncomfortable position in enforcing the rules, code, suggestions, or whatever the hell you want to call it !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I respectfully disagree, it is a requirement when they can enforce it by denying you entry which they do. I also am still waiting for Celebrity to define designer jeans.

Some portions of the dress code are direct statements that don’t use the word  ‘should’.  Those portions are enforced, somewhat spottily, but they are enforced.

Have you ever seen anyone denied entry on a Chic night whose attire would have been acceptable on a Smart Casual night?

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Some portions of the dress code are direct statements that don’t use the word  ‘should’.  Those portions are enforced, somewhat spottily, but they are enforced.

Have you ever seen anyone denied entry on a Chic night whose attire would have been acceptable on a Smart Casual night?

No I have not but the description and locations of chic night are not really clear in my opinion. I have seen people in shorts denied entry many times.

10 hours ago, OttawaJohn said:

New to Celebrity, and hoping can help.

Can someone clarify the difference really between designer and regular jeans?

The dress code says on the evening chic you can wear designer jeans, the rest of the time regular jeans.

Are they honestly looking at labels of guests pants?

Are you going to come back and discuss or is this a fly by night question?

I always thought designer jeans were either 1) with studs or other decoration or maybe please god no, 2) rips and holes.  I've seen pretty describe torn jeans as "designer" and they did it with a straight face.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I always thought designer jeans were either 1) with studs or other decoration 

People stopped wearing those 15 years ago - with the exception of the rural Midwest and maybe central Florida. 

37 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

People stopped wearing those 15 years ago - with the exception of the rural Midwest and maybe central Florida. 

I live in the rural Midwest and can assure you that the jeans here are pretty stud free. Have you actually been to a rural area lately?

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Exactly what you intended 🤪

Show some respect.  Celebrity contacted me to get input about the new dress code.

It was after six beers so it might have been my dentist.

Edited by zitsky

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you going to come back and discuss or is this a fly by night question?

It was a " Funny " from the beginning--- 

15 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Wrong--- Ya ever been to a small town in Quebec ?? Ya ever been to Madame Coriveau's Chip Wagon ?

Madame Coriveau , the 83 yr old lady that owns the chip wagon-- great frites ( fries ), poutine , chien chaud ( hot dogs ) and Pepsi ---- ( the best, oops, my favorite lunch )--- still wears her jeans with studs -- lots of 'em . Except , over the years some fell off. 

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Wrong--- Ya ever been to a small town in Quebec ?? Ya ever been to Madame Coriveau's Chip Wagon ?

Madame Coriveau , the 83 yr old lady that owns the chip wagon-- great frites ( fries ), poutine , chien chaud ( hot dogs ) and Pepsi ---- ( the best, oops, my favorite lunch )--- still wears her jeans with studs -- lots of 'em . Except , over the years some fell off. 

Ya ya ya.

Pinboy ya ever been in a Turkish prison?

(Airplane reference)

Now we return to our regular programming.

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ya ya ya.

Pinboy ya ever been in a Turkish prison?

(Airplane reference)

Now we return to our regular programming.

LOL----

" Ya ya ya  "-----You wouldn't say that to Madame Coriveau --- and, ya better not forget to make a " contribution " into the container beside the cash !!  $US are her favorite.

"Now we return to our regular programming." --- Oh yea, Every xxx day-----Dress Code !!

57 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

What town is that in? There's one near Wakefield that's really good.