Designer jeans

OttawaJohn

What happened to reasonable questions?  If you wear a collared shirt and a nice looking pair of jeans, nobody gives a darn on Celebrity.  My black LL Bean jeans are certainly not designer but look nice.

Why would you go to a nice restaurant at home wearing a t-shirt and shorts?  Oh you wouldn't.   No kidding.  So wear a collared shirt or nice blouse and a nice looking pair or pants or a shirt.  Done and discussed adnauseum. 

7 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What happened to reasonable questions?  If you wear a collared shirt and a nice looking pair of jeans, nobody gives a darn on Celebrity.  My black LL Bean jeans are certainly not designer but look nice.

Why would you go to a nice restaurant at home wearing a t-shirt and shorts?  Oh you wouldn't.   No kidding.  So wear a collared shirt or nice blouse and a nice looking pair or pants or a shirt.  Done and discussed adnauseum. 

Well, you're from Frostbite Falls, of course you wouldn't go out to a nice restaurant at home wearing a t-shirt and shorts. You would freeze your boys off!  🥶 🥶

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We’re just bidding our time, waiting for the next “real” question to come along.

• Haha 1

As a lady, way back when, designer jeans were usually dark colored, and the cost was more than your average pair of jeans.  You could pair them a high heel and look chic.  Designer jeans were not Wrangler's that my husband's uncle considered dress up. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

As a lady, way back when, designer jeans were usually dark colored, and the cost was more than your average pair of jeans.  You could pair them a high heel and look chic.  Designer jeans were not Wrangler's that my husband's uncle considered dress up. 

My man. 👊

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

But did the jeans have holes in them??? If you say yes you’ll make a lot of people happy.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:01 AM, 5waldos said:

Designer jeans, these days, tend to be highly ripped and skin tight. The very sort that (I think) Celebrity is trying to keep out.  I mean- it isn't cheap to get the rips in just the right places. 

Skinny jeans are well on the way out. Ageing Millenial pants.  So uncool now. Straight leg and "mom jeans" are in.

Millenials are aging out of pushing cultural trends.  You guys should start railing against genZ now.

Edited by UnorigionalName

I think if you wore bib overalls with one strap off of your shoulder it would be considered designer.  If you had both straps on your shoulders it won’t.   🤷‍♂️     In my youth jeans with holes were worn for play cloths and doing  dirty work now they are considered designer.  When the holes got too bad we cut off the legs to use as shorts.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 4/12/2022 at 9:01 AM, 5waldos said:

Designer jeans, these days, tend to be highly ripped and skin tight. The very sort that (I think) Celebrity is trying to keep out.  I mean- it isn't cheap to get the rips in just the right places. 

I'm starting to think I'm not going to fit in on my first Celebrity cruise in November.  I enjoy higher end fashion and prefer to wear denim in the evening while cruising. Why? A couple pair of Diesel, Cavalli or Emporio Armani jeans can be mixed and matched throughout the week. Guess what? They're fitted. Most of them have rips in them. They were purchased with fraying over holes. THE HORROR! 

Dressing in pieces that you'd find in a current issue of Men's Vogue shouldn't be chastised or considered offensive by fellow passengers aboard a cruise ship. Nor should it be against any dress code. I'm just in shock reading this thread.  

Need to think about what I'm going to wear on this cruise now. Should I dress like I'm 50 years old and go get some khakis? Go to something like a Macy's and buy some jeans that I won't be judged over... which I'll never wear again?  Again... look like a 50 year old.

So disappointed right now. 

12 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I'm starting to think I'm not going to fit in on my first Celebrity cruise in November.  I enjoy higher end fashion and prefer to wear denim in the evening while cruising. Why? A couple pair of Diesel, Cavalli or Emporio Armani jeans can be mixed and matched throughout the week. Guess what? They're fitted. Most of them have rips in them. They were purchased with fraying over holes. THE HORROR! 

Dressing in pieces that you'd find in a current issue of Men's Vogue shouldn't be chastised or considered offensive by fellow passengers aboard a cruise ship. Nor should it be against any dress code. I'm just in shock reading this thread.  

Need to think about what I'm going to wear on this cruise now. Should I dress like I'm 50 years old and go get some khakis? Go to something like a Macy's and buy some jeans that I won't be judged over... which I'll never wear again?  Again... look like a 50 year old.

I’d def not worry about it in the slightest.  Lot of clothing police here, some even say their meal is ruined if a man wears a ball cap in the dining room LMAO on that.  Dress for you, your comfort and personal style it will be fine.  I never worry or care what anyone else thinks.  

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 8:00 PM, D C said:

Everyone who owns a pair of dress overalls knows that shirts are optional at best, and purely superfluous at worst. 

Well, I do want to conform, so I will wear a collared shirt. Leaning toward these updated ones overalls with a cruising pocket for cell phone and Medallion. (I think it is the same pocket formerly used for Skoal)

Screenshot_20220415-210648.png

Edited by jimmieg
Spellin'
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimmieg said:

Well, I do want to conform, so I will wear a collared shirt. Leaning toward these updated ones overalls with a cruising pocket for cell phone and Medallion. (I think it is the same pocket formerly used for Skoal)

Screenshot_20220415-210648.png

That small collar is so passé. Larger collars are in for 2022. 

... and those sneakers, no way!

Here's the next BIG trend to go with those designer overalls.

Perfect for Smart Casual, or Evening Chic.Redneck Boot Sandals

9 hours ago, WKUTopperFan said:

Does Celebrity treat ripped clothing for men and women the same?  Can you have holes in your shirt or just in your pants?

Be happy to….

-how many shrimp are served in shrimp cocktail (including the over/under of what’s acceptable)?

-what kind of walkie-talkies are best to use on board?

-the ever popular “I’ve been standing over these pool chairs with towels on them for 3 hours; why has no one used them?”

-I do/don’t want the drinks package; why do/don’t I have to pay for it?

-Internet on board sux

-someone/somewhere is smoking something on board

Just a few……Add your own if you feel motivated……

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Be happy to….

-how many shrimp are served in shrimp cocktail (including the over/under of what’s acceptable)?

-the ever popular “I’ve been standing over these pool chairs with towels on them for 3 hours; why has no one used them?”

-Internet on board sux

I’m in a suite.  Do people have to bow when I walk by?

Why is the wine so bad on board?

They made me wait for a table at Blu.  Don’t they know who I am?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Be happy to….

-Internet on board sux

"Can I bring a fire pit on board for the balcony.  The guidelines don't prohibit."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

"Can I bring a fire pit on board for the balcony.  The guidelines don't prohibit."

I’m sorry @jimmieg but you seem to be asking a lot of beginner questions.  Of course fire pits are allowed if not mentioned in the rules.  🙂

Do you also want to know how high women’s heels can be?  Or the brands of toothpaste that are allowed?

🙄

• Haha 1

Just off Equinox. Anything went, I mean anything goes in the MDR. Saw many type of jeans including plumber jean’s. What are plumber jeans you ask? They are jeans if the person had not worn one of those no tuck shirts on, you could see the crack of his a__! Then there was this couple that for 11 nights in a row including Chic nite look like they were going to the beach and finally on last night pulled out their work jeans. Though not jeans related on second chic nite man with shorts and flip flops tried to dine in MDR and hostess called supervisor to say deal or no deal. Are you kidding me! Bottom line when there are rules not followed, there are NO rules, period!