Celebrity no longer carrying Crown Royal?

mattsmall1972

I’m just off the Reflection 9-day Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale.  I was unable to get Crown Royal drinks served to me although it’s sold in the shops.  I sailed on Apex in Feb and was able to get C.R. Does anyone know what happened?

Maybe they were just out on that sailing? I've had cruises where they run out of a particular liquor and have to wait until they get a resupply from an island (I think Barbados is often a resupply port) or in Florida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity, just like the local grocery or liquor store, are experiencing supply chain issues.  We were on a B2B in February some wines for the 1st leg they had received fewer than a dozen bottles, next cruise none of that wine.  Champagnes have been very hit or miss .  
Currently on the Apex and the better of the premium package champagne’s isn’t available, but we found a great cava. Same with some of the red wines.  

• Like 1

Bartender in Retreat lounge on Reflection a couple of weeks ago was talking about the shortages.  Some things have been out for months.  She also said that some things were in the shops but unavailable to them as the shops are a third party.

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

She also said that some things were in the shops but unavailable to them as the shops are a third party.

I'm glad you brought that up, as a lot of folks forget that or never knew it.

The liquor selection in general has been pretty dismal since we started sailing again last Nov. Either they're limiting expensive stuff on purpose to save $, or they're having supply issues. 

18 hours ago, Projunior said:

I was on the Millennium April 4-14. Ordered Crown and ginger all over the ship. Available in every bar every time I ordered one.

They should have made you walk the plank for disrespecting CR like that.

Straight up or on the rocks only. People, respect your Whisky ... and your Whiskey! 🥃

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
Did I really have to add the smilie? Yes, this is X. Funny bones are in limited supply due to supply chain issues.

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Straight up or on the rocks only. People, respect your Whisky ... and your Whiskey! 🥃

😁

I sometimes drink Crown and Cola.   I like the way it tastes.  Use cheap stuff and it doesn’t taste the same.  If you look on their website they suggest many different ways to enjoy it.    

Crown use to be considered a premium top shelf.     Now in many places it is a well and bottom shelf.  X has it in their Classic but there are also some In the premium that shouldn’t be there as they aren’t premium.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, wallyh4184 said:

On Reflection at the end of February almost no Crown and no Johnnie Black

Equinox in Dec, no issues.  Millennium in Feb, no issues.  Reflection in April, short on higher end wine, and no Woodford.  I am wondering if it’s a Reflection problem.  None of the other ships mentioned a shortage of anything but Caymus.

Google on it.   There is a WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of Crown Royal.   It is blamed on Covid that consumer drank the complete supply and as it is an Aged Whiskey you just can't turn on the tap.

Why is there a shortage on Crown Royal?

Diageo PLC said soaring pandemic demand is depleting stocks of Crown Royal whisky, Lagavulin Scotch and Don Julio tequila. These bestselling brands can take months or years to age before hitting liquor-store shelves, making it hard to quickly increase production.Jan 29, 2022
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Nooooooo! 
Hope they have a good supply for the Apex TA ! 

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Google on it.   There is a WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE of Crown Royal.   It is blamed on Covid that consumer drank the complete supply and as it is an Aged Whiskey you just can't turn on the tap.

Why is there a shortage on Crown Royal?

Diageo PLC said soaring pandemic demand is depleting stocks of Crown Royal whisky, Lagavulin Scotch and Don Julio tequila. These bestselling brands can take months or years to age before hitting liquor-store shelves, making it hard to quickly increase production.Jan 29, 2022

@Airbalanceryou might have to 'import' a few bottles from the LCBO for your cruise. 

Just now, DirtyDawg said:

@Airbalanceryou might have to 'import' a few bottles from the LCBO for your cruise. 

Maybe disguise as wine as they will send you to the naughty room for Hard booze. 

The Silhouette is really low or out of stock of many of the best labels.   "Supply Chain" and other issues.

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe disguise as wine as they will send you to the naughty room for Hard booze. 

The Silhouette is really low or out of stock of many of the best labels.   "Supply Chain" and other issues.

"Necessity IS the mother of invention" 

And the upside from this supply shortage is that we'll get to have all those smuggling booze threads here again on CC. 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

😁

I don't consider CR to be a high line liquor myself...and blended whiskeys are just that, blends..blend it with whatever you like.  🙂

Me, I prefer a nice BOURBON.  Which is also a challenge to find on a cruise ship lately.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been there before 😁, one time they ask a HDMI cable thought it was an extension cord, than ask about the liquor bottles and did nothing, closed up the case  😉

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't consider CR to be a high line liquor myself...and blended whiskeys are just that, blends..blend it with whatever you like.  🙂

Me, I prefer a nice BOURBON.  Which is also a challenge to find on a cruise ship lately.  

Bourbon and diet Dr. Pepper?