Is The Purser's Desk Open 24 Hours???

Just curious...Is the purser's desk open 24 hours...or very late/very early? It seems EVERY cruise we go on with Carnival, we get charges tacked on to our room that are bogus, and of course must go to the P.D. to get these charges removed. Its always been taken care of with no hassles, but I would rather go when there isnt a line if possible. Not sure if this is the norm...or if we are just unlucky...but out of eight cruises on Carnival, only one did not have extra charges added. We will be on the Vista, if that matters. Thanks 🙂

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

On some ships, due to staff shortages....

My company calls it "Staffing issues" but basically means your getting less because HR cannot find anyone to work for close to nothing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Moviela said:

My company calls it "Staffing issues" but basically means your getting less because HR cannot find anyone to work for close to nothing.

That may be the case for your company but for Carnival they have access to a functionally unlimited labor supply, but the US is not issuing visas as quickly as they need.

22 hours ago, hillbillycruisers said:

It seems EVERY cruise we go on with Carnival, we get charges tacked on to our room that are bogus...

I haven't had this on EVERY cruise, but have had it happen more than once.  One of the problems is that servers in the theatre, comedy club, etc. write down your Sail-n-Sign number on a pad and then punch it in later.  They're in a hurry and make mistakes.  Carnival needs to invest in scanners for their wait staff, it would save them time and eliminate this hassle for guests.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago and it was closed over night, usually opening at 8:00 AM (I think). It did open at 6:00 AM debarkation day, we walked by and the line was super long. 

I hope it was for passengers checking charges as opposed to passengers wanting to take off the auto-tips.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:13 PM, ontheweb said:

Good to know, and I bet if you are an early riser

that they are not busy at all in the early morning hours.

That's when I go.     NO-one else around...

and they're glad to help at that time - not stressed.