The Daily for Thursday 04/28/2022

richwmn

Good morning everyone. I wil most certainly kiss my mate and I love reading poetry but I’m not good at writing it. Our piano, which was originally my mother’s piano is being tuned this morning because it can’t wait for our music major grandson who is in college and learned how to tune it. 
I’ve had a hard time finding the J and J vaccine and had to call the state to find out where I could get it and plan to do that this afternoon.

Prayers for all who need them, especially the people of Ukraine.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all and thanks to Rich for the Daily.I will happily kiss my spouse and salute Astronomers and liked the quote. We have not been to the port.

@dfish, Debbie, I hope the surgeon can help  and that things can improve. All of the recipes look fabulous and Tana voted for the second one. Thanks!

We had a big family visit here yesterday and extended the table to fit ten.The two dogs were in heaven with the DGC’s attention and went for several walks. Today we will go to the Bronx Zoo and enjoy the animals as we have annually since the twins were babies.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I wanted to stress that the benefits of the injectable RA medications for me at least,far outweighed the disadvantages. I was able to continue working in a very physical occupation until I was 62. The pain relief was almost immediate.

Terry

Terry, when I was growing up in the Bronx, my father took my brother and me to the Bronx Zoo almost every Saturday. After we would have lunch at a Howard Johnson that was across the street. Haven’t been back in years. Enjoy.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2012 Celebrity Solstice transatlantic.  April 28 was my final full day on the ship, a sea day between Malaga and Barcelona:

lastdusk-739021.jpg

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, PoppyBanks said:

Loving the quote, meal, drink, wine and destination for today 🥰

Me, too, PoppyBanks!  Love your CC name -- Mary Poppins!

The stuffed shells remind me of my mom.  She used to make them often.  I haven't had them in years.  And speaking of mom, she had RA in a time when there were very few tools in the drawer for treatment.  It's gratifying to see that some Dailyites are doing well with the new therapeutics.  @JazzyV, thinking of you and praying that prescribed treatments make you feel much better.

If things go as planned we will see Loreto during a NYE cruise this year.  Meanwhile....loving DD's tree, @StLouisCruisers.  And happy a new pup is coming. 😊

Kiss Your Mate Day is nice.  We've been kissing a lot lately.  Our friend who recently passed away was a friend of mine from junior high, was then in DH's fraternity and introduced DH and I.  So we are sentimental lately -- lots of hugs and kisses.  🥰

@dfishDebbie, hoping the docs soon get you straightened out so you're more comfortable.  Seems like something that definitely needs to be addressed.

@puppycanducruise, Happy 40th Anniversary to you and your Jim!  Chinese takeout is always a fun way to celebrate.  

@0106, I love astronomy and my nephew is always showing me the sky on his phone.  Now that someone over the age of 20 has recommended an app, I'm gonna look at that sky on my own phone.  🌠

I'm fond of poetry, so this day is just a good one all around for this household.  I received a book, "One Hundred and One Famous Poems" for my ninth birthday.  Mother and I used to read it together.  It's still on my bookshelf, with a nice inscription from her.  For an introduction to many wonderful poets, this book is great.

@richwmn, thank you for the Daily.  Thanks also to the excellent Food and Beverage Department and to all contributors.  Wishing everyone a very pleasant day today.

Maxine

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Leaving shortly for a Dr appointment in Hershey. This is to replace the Neurologist I wasn’t comfortable with in December. Will see if this is any better 🤞

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists .

• Like 29

Aloha! It’s 4:45 AM and we are all awake. We were struggling last night from a combination of less sleep, jet lag and long flights. So we had an early dinner finished by a wee dram and a beautiful Hawaiian sunset.

We have a special private tour this morning at Pearl Harbor and will be taking the Admiral’s Barge out to pay our respects at the Arizona Memorial. The invitation  is only open to active duty and retired military.

Later will have some pool time.

Here is some pics of last nights sunset as seen from the grounds of the Hale Koa on Waikkiki Beach.

Aloha! Have a great day.

image.thumb.jpeg.148079d811cb3d8444e7e6eb3a929351.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e378c5c306ec588b87d17387e9b4868c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.743951478ac239cd9c4b0cf2f2caae6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6aecaab55f2872ebe073456d77e90e99.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9945f88beee7a7da16b3fdc64915164.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.656d0651af76a809a77a21a66f7e282f.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

18 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Aloha! It’s 4:45 AM and we are all awake. We were struggling last night from a combination of less sleep, jet lag and long flights. So we had an early dinner finished by a wee dram and a beautiful Hawaiian sunset.

We have a special private tour this morning at Pearl Harbor and will be taking the Admiral’s Barge out to pay our respects at the Arizona Memorial. The invitation  is only open to active duty and retired military.

Here is some pics of last nights sunset as seen from the grounds of the Hale Koa on Waikkiki Beach.

Aloha! Have a great day.

image.thumb.jpeg.148079d811cb3d8444e7e6eb3a929351.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e378c5c306ec588b87d17387e9b4868c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.743951478ac239cd9c4b0cf2f2caae6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6aecaab55f2872ebe073456d77e90e99.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9945f88beee7a7da16b3fdc64915164.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.656d0651af76a809a77a21a66f7e282f.jpeg

I agree.  Nice photos of Hawaii.  Sorry for the mix-up.  

The sunsets are beautiful.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 16

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

We received an email from HAL last evening regarding our Oosterdam  cruise in September. I guess HAL listened to passengers complaining about the switch from Venice to Trieste and are now offering complimentary transfers to Trieste from Marco Polo Airport and the Tronchetto in Venice. We have decided to make use of this offer so have rearranged (always remain fluid in you travel plans!) our pre-cruise time. Now we will be able to visit Lake Como first and then move for four days in Venice, staying on Murano.

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from Cadiz and the Nieuw Statendam. We have enjoyed a glorious cruise to date but it seems that Covid has reared its ugly head! Captain O’Driscoll sent a letter to guests this afternoon announcing that some crew and passengers had tested positive and were in isolation. Masks recommended are now masks required. Everyone aboard fully vaccinated and all passengers tested before arrival at FLL and all were tested again at FLL before being allowed to board. Amazing that we have illness anyway. It for sure seems we will live with Covid for ever!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

29 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Aloha! Have a great day.

Nice photos of Hale Koa!  We've walked by there many times while staying at Hilton Hawaiian Village -- always thought how nice it is that such a beautiful property is available to those who serve our country.  Looks beautiful!  Have fun!

• Like 20

Good morning all!

Another overcast day here in the PNW heading up to 55 F today.  

My Dear Dad taught me the love of astronomy from a young age.  Good memories of looking through his telescope as a child.  He continued to instill that love in my DGSs with astronomy books and talks. 

I admit I'm not really fond of poetry, but will definitely kiss my mate today.  Have never been to the port of the day, thanks for all photos!  The meal sounds tasty, will pass on the wine and drink.

@puppycanducruiseMelanie happy anniversary of your first date with DH Jim!

@dfishDebbie thinking of you as you meet with the surgeon today and praying for a good outcome and surgery date.

@StLouisCruisersSandi I love your daughter's Cinco de Mayo celebration tree. It's fun to see her creations!

Not much on the agenda today other than getting groceries and a few chores around the house and yard.   

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisersThank you for the pictures of your DD's celebration tree.  I'd love to see pictures of their new puppy in a few weeks.🤞

She will probably get it 3 to 5 days before we leave for our cruise so I can get a couple photos here without a problem.  They are picking another female with a different color coat.  Probably a "redhead".  Same breed of dog, cavapoo.  The reddish brown fur would be from the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mama dog.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3