Chops Grille - Tell me your Favorite Dish!

I like the shrimp cocktail, mainly just for the big shrimp.  I also like the lamb chops. I ask them to cut them single (they come 2 bone chop).  Cook med rare they are very good.  I had a big ribeye there but it was too fatty.  I got 2 nights there end of May and I might give the ribey another try.

Mushroom soup is the best thing you'll eat on any ship! The shrimp cocktail are nice and large and the tater tots are super yummy too. As for steaks? It's all just personal preference.  Sometimes I go for the filet, other times the ribeye.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Mushroom soup is the best thing you'll eat on any ship! 

Not sure I can agree with the "any ship" part, but the mushroom soup was the most memorable thing I consumed at Chops on Mariner a few years ago.  Initially tried the Lobster Bisque and it was just ok.  Tried the mushroom soup towards the end of the cruise and wished I had tried earlier.  Looking forward to having it again on Oasis in a few weeks.  Everything else we had was very good, but the mushroom soup was amazing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shofer said:

Besides the filet steak, the creamed spinach, Caesar salad, dessert.  I was in a food coma after this meal.

We went on Mariner last week, and no creamed spinach.  It's one of my favorites as well. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, shofer said:

Besides the filet steak, the creamed spinach, Caesar salad, dessert.  I was in a food coma after this meal.

That is the perfect meal, but need a nice Cabernet to wash it down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broons77 said:

Mine disappeared as well!

I got the carpaccio last time on a whim and it was incredibly good!

Just about all of my posts on various threads I did this morning have disappeared.  Not sure what is going on.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just about all of my posts on various threads I did this morning have disappeared.  Not sure what is going on.  

I think there was a site server crash or something similar.  I was getting '503-Service Temporarily Unavailable' errors for a bit right around when I was commenting.

• Like 1

Just now, Broons77 said:

I think there was a site server crash or something similar.  I was getting '503-Service Temporarily Unavailable' errors for a bit right around when I was commenting.

I saw those for the tabs I had open a while back also 

Peppered bacon appetizer (melts in your mouth), jumbo shrimp, and a medium rare filet followed by a delicious dessert (carrot cake is my fave), which I usually take back to my cabin for breakfast with my caramel macchiato the next morning! OMG, sweetness overload! Yum!

• Like 2

This thread is killing me, I want everything!!!!!

Leaving in 2 weeks to Bermuda on the Pearl.  Hopefully Cagney's can tide me over until October when I get my next crack at Chops...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2