Lunch with Officer--big disappointment

19 hours ago, yogimax said:

I appreciate  your recommendations.  Will have to try them both.  Is the new list anywhere online?

No, unfortunately I can't find it.  I know the LA pulled one up on her lap top when we discussed choices while on EX last month.  I should have asked for a new print out copy.  Will do so on Saturday, when we board Mariner.  🙂  

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, unfortunately I can't find it.  I know the LA pulled one up on her lap top when we discussed choices while on EX last month.  I should have asked for a new print out copy.  Will do so on Saturday, when we board Mariner.  🙂  

The LA printed this out for us on our February cruise. Apologize for the image quality, but the LA's printer was low on ink.

D Plus Amenity List.pdf

• Like 2

20 hours ago, yogimax said:

Just qualified for out third bottle of wine... but they no longer have the Ravenswood Zinfandel nor about 5 others.

It is still on the current 175+ list.

23 hours ago, nelblu said:

The funny thing is that the wine is free flowing, however, I'm not much of a wine drinker and ordered a beer.  I had to use one of my D+ drink coupon.😁

This is standard practice. Drink what they  offer,  bring something else or use a drink coupon. While I don’t drink what they offer, I don’t mind the two other alternatives.   
m

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I selected the Pensfold chardonnay and got La Crema chardonnay.

They are both popular.   I am not a Chard fan, but don't see either of them as being a bad choice.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is standard practice. Drink what they  offer,  bring something else or use a drink coupon. While I don’t drink what they offer, I don’t mind the two other alternatives.   
m

And yet at the Top Tier events where refreshments are available, I'm able to get a beer without any problems and no use of coupons.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

And yet at the Top Tier events where refreshments are available, I'm able to get a beer without any problems and no use of coupons.

I walk into those with my own glass of wine also.   Used to be able to get those tasty Bloody Marys...but they have since eliminated those on Harmony.  Not sure why.  Very limited selection they offer at the Aqua Theater.  

Guess I could use my voucher to get a Bloody Mary on the way out there.....hmmm...now why didn't I think of that.  😄 

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was just coming to post that for the first time ever on the Mariner I had to use a coupon for a beer at the top tier event.  Must be a new thing as I also have never had to use one or pay before coupons on any ship in the past

Edited by molly361

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was just coming to post that for the first time ever on the Mariner I had to use a coupon for a beer at the top tier event.  Must be a new thing as I also have never had to use one or pay before coupons on any ship in the past

Must be new as I was able to get beer on this event on Mariner in early December.  Wonder if it's different from waiter to waiter.

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Will be boarding Mariner on Saturday for the 8 night cruise.  Assuming in forward lounge like twin sister EX was?

Easy to bring in a glass of wine from my stash...or stop off at a bar and use voucher I guess.  No tripping over seats with a full glass like at the Aqua theater on Oasis class.  😉 

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

It is still on the current 175+ list.

Yes, it is, but they didn't have any on either Anthem or Symphony.  The LA also had a list of about 5  other wines that were not available.  Oh well.

56 minutes ago, nelblu said:

As did we pre shutdown. Haven’t been to a top tier party since the restart.

20 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, it is, but they didn't have any on either Anthem or Symphony.  The LA also had a list of about 5  other wines that were not available.  Oh well.

On EX last month...it was more of "OK...what DO you have available".....and that was everything, not just the wine.  😕

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

On EX last month...it was more of "OK...what DO you have available".....and that was everything, not just the wine.  😕

LOL, we ended up horse trading with the LA for tote bags on Harmony two weeks ago, and when they made the same mistake last week, I gave up and just drank the mistake. 🍷🍷🍷🤪

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Will be boarding Mariner on Saturday for the 8 night cruise.  Assuming in forward lounge like twin sister EX was?

Easy to bring in a glass of wine from my stash...or stop off at a bar and use voucher I guess.  No tripping over seats with a full glass like at the Aqua theater on Oasis class.  😉 

It was in the theatre last time.  Before that the Star Lounge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

It was in the theatre last time.  Before that the Star Lounge

Not sure what to expect on this sailing.   Unusual 8 night itineraries that Mariner is doing right now...may bring a few extra upper tier C&A...but then again, it is getting to be the "little on the warm side" down in the ABCs.   

I know the ship is filled up, except for a few inside cabins.  

Will be doing the "Cheers with an Officer" as usual though.  🙂 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

What ship? Haven't seen that option in forever

• Like 1

Onboard Jewel TA. Did cheers with officers today.  There were a large number of D+ over 350 points there.  Pinnacles later this week. Officers,  a good number, introduced themselves and made a toast. Wine served. Tables of 6-8.  I think everyone had a pleasant time.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, Cigar King said:

I also miss dining with the officers.  It was nice to hear how they did their jobs.  I really enjoyed the IT guy as that's what I did.  My wife liked their accountant for the same reason.  Recall we talked to one of the security people once and they had some funny stories about people trying to stowaway on the ship.

Times change.  

🤔 That's interesting. They actually have an IT guy? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1