2023 February price decrease

snowballs mom

Our February Equinox cruise just went down in price substantially today. It looked like quite a few other sailings in the list (Fort Lauderdale in Feb 2023) also went down in price. It might be worth a quick check for those booked around that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My July trip to Alaska just went down for the second time in a week. Not a lot but enough to call for a price adjustment. I always call since most of the time the agent is able to give me a rate even cheaper than I see online. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowballs mom said:

Our February Equinox cruise just went down in price substantially today. It looked like quite a few other sailings in the list (Fort Lauderdale in Feb 2023) also went down in price. It might be worth a quick check for those booked around that time.

Thanks for posting.  It prompted me to check my pricing for our Oct TA cruise and after holding steady for a while, the price did come down today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Booked in February the Ascent B2B2B for April 2024, prices for the sunset veranda have gone up $2,000 on each leg, 1st+512  2nd+544  3rd+944

Nooooo- that is the wrong way! Perhaps it will be better in a while. 

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Booked in February the Ascent B2B2B for April 2024, prices for the sunset veranda have gone up $2,000 on each leg, 1st+512  2nd+544  3rd+944

My 2024 bookings have all gone up in price, too.

Checked all of my cruises; they are all up enough to the price of another cruise.  It really helps if we all share date/ship/cabin etc.  Apples to apples is thr best comparison.

Edited by Lastdance

My CS on Apex in March went down $2,000 total, the Beyond sailing in an Aft SS went up $1,000 total.  I put an email in to my TA with a screen shot for the Apex change, hope they can do something for me in the morning.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

My CS on Apex in March went down $2,000 total, the Beyond sailing in an Aft SS went up $1,000 total.  I put an email in to my TA with a screen shot for the Apex change, hope they can do something for me in the morning.  Thanks for the tip!

The so called current sale does expire tonight.  Of course they keep extending it......

26 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I think you mean 2,000 for the total of three legs, but thanks for sharing!

$2,000 on each leg, Ascent April 2024 SV, totals $6,000 for the 3 legs, sometimes you save a lot for early booking

Edited by gerelmx

47 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yea.   I put a booking on hold.  If the price is different tomorrow my TA will duke it out with them to reprice my booking.

I couldn't find the option to place it on hold so I took a screen shot, but I'm not overly confident that will be good enough. 

9 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I couldn't find the option to place it on hold so I took a screen shot, but I'm not overly confident that will be good enough. 

Gary

For future reference.  Once you get to the fare summary screen where the "lock it in" button is displayed.  Just click on the Celebrity logo at the very top of the page.  There will be a pop-up which gives you the option to exit or place it on hold.

Royce

36 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Gary

For future reference.  Once you get to the fare summary screen where the "lock it in" button is displayed.  Just click on the Celebrity logo at the very top of the page.  There will be a pop-up which gives you the option to exit or place it on hold.

Royce

Thanks Royce, I tried that several times and my only options in the pop-up window that appeared were exit or continue reservation. If I continued it brought me back to the lock it in screen. I did it when I was signed in,  not signed in, cleared my cookies, even made sure pop-ups were allowed. Could never get the option. 

I considered booking something just to be sure but decided things would be the same thing morning when C. the TA came in,  but I see it's changed..... hoping he can do something based on the screen shot I sent,  but have a feeling I just lost out on 2k savings 😪

I check the rates on my Reflection B2B (Thanksgiving '22) sailing almost daily. Yesterday morning, they had gone back up a bit (from prior days), but then in the afternoon it dropped significantly.

I called the Blue Chip Club and, after almost an hour on hold, was able to speak to someone. End result - I just "saved" $2,500 between the two sailings!

I checked again this morning and the rates (RS) had bumped back up by $1,000/leg.

Are these crazy fluctuations the product of automated pricing - or are people pulling the triggers (and sitting back with the popcorn)? !

Tom

I was also able to get a $2,000 reduction on one cruise in a B4B booking -   The other 3 went up. 

Good to check on a regular basis.   Thanks for posting as it reminded me to look.

• Like 1

We have a 5n in Feb that I repriced yesterday down $150 - not a lot, but that means our FCC more than covers the cost of the fare. I submitted a Best Price Guarantee form last night and got the "we got it!" email today. We'll see if it works, but if not, it was only an email and not hours on hold! 

14 hours ago, gerelmx said:

$2,000 on each leg, Ascent April 2024 SV, totals $6,000 for the 3 legs, sometimes you save a lot for early booking

Okay, the way I read it was that you were sharing the price increase for each leg, so I just added those numbers together, not multiplying the total by three.  Amazing for sure, but supply and demand makes the world go round.  It would be interesting to see how many different prices were paid for the same cabin category all over the ship!

Edited by Lastdance

I also noticed on a few sailings that I have been following that they have a “NOPERK” rate, for all categories except suites. 
Maybe Celebrity heard all the “chatter”.🙄

mac_tlc

On 5/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Yea.   I put a booking on hold.  If the price is different tomorrow my TA will duke it out with them to reprice my booking.

We’re you successful in getting your price decrease today? I took a screenshot yesterday since I couldn’t get through to my TA. I called today and TA was not able to get my fare lowered as they couldn’t pull up the price today - even though I sent over screen captures. So angry right now. We had two bookings and a total fare decrease of 1400.