Think Twice Before Booking Royal Caribbean

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't need to know how many people at Walmart caught Covid. If people can't learn to live with Covid, like we live with every other illness, they should not cruise, or do much of anything really.

what does OP's post have to do with your answer?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They are not saying nothing, just not specifics - a very general snap shot of what's going on is listed on the CDC site -updated almost daily.

Someone on here said that now they aren't reporting because they are in international waters and therefore don't need to report anything to the CDC.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Never said anything about an outbreak because as far as I have seen, nothing is being reported one way or the other. Just be transparent. Report what is happening or not happening?

Apparently you don’t even read your own posts. If there is nothing to report, then you don’t report anything. Following your logic, you would require the cruise line issue a report after every cruise that “No one died on board this week”. That would go over well.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

not really. It appears that their cruise was not entirely cancelled, but had a major change to the itinerary instead. And OP loves the new itinerary. So, why not give him/her a chance to keep the new and improved cruise instead of just cancelling their reservation and offering them to switch to a different cruise?

See post #9

FWIW, on our upcoming Voyager Baltics, when it was moved to Jewel, our TA was very proactive and held a bunch of GS's for his clients since Jewel has half the suites that Voyager has. And in the process we got upgraded from VP to GS.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Apparently you don’t even read your own posts. If there is nothing to report, then you don’t report anything. Following your logic, you would require the cruise line issue a report after every cruise that “No one died on board this week”. That would go over well.

Not asking for how many died , just want to know how many positive cases there were onboard during each sailing. If none state it? Not very hard to do or would they rather have people boarding the ship just wondering?

I LOVED the Serenade itinerary, and was really bummed that they cancelled it.  We looked at the various options for transatlantics in the same time period, and decided on the 14-day Odyssey, FLL-Rome.  I sent my request to my travel agent and she wrote back, "I hate to even suggest this, but this is twice the price of what  you had on Serenade of the Seas.  It almost makes me wonder if Royal didn't make these changes deliberately because of revenue."   🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not asking for how many died , just want to know how many positive cases there were onboard during each sailing. If none state it? Not very hard to do or would they rather have people boarding the ship just wondering?

I doubt very many people boarding are wondering at all. 

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

See post #9

FWIW, on our upcoming Voyager Baltics, when it was moved to Jewel, our TA was very proactive and held a bunch of GS's for his clients since Jewel has half the suites that Voyager has. And in the process we got upgraded from VP to GS.

Speaking of Travel agents, doing a search on google found out  what the  Royal Suite cost for that World Tour you are going on.

The article talked about the commission the travel agent is getting for that one cabin will be the largest that Royal has ever paid out.......

the Royal Suite was booked through Theresa Graham, co-owner of Dream Vacations TravelPerks in Eugene, Ore., will soon be the recipient of the largest commission check Royal Caribbean has ever written for a single reservation. Graham's client booked the $772,331 suite.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That is a totally irrational and impossible requirement for any venue (regardless of where it is located) to meet. 

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that's what I based my reply on. 🙂

Well, like myself and another said, there's a lot less GS's on a Radiance ship. Someone's gonna be unhappy

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Someone on here said that now they aren't reporting because they are in international waters and therefore don't need to report anything to the CDC.

True, but about 2/3 of the fleet is still under CDC reporting requirements - you can assume some similar status for the rest of the fleet not reporting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I LOVED the Serenade itinerary, and was really bummed that they cancelled it.  We looked at the various options for transatlantics in the same time period, and decided on the 14-day Odyssey, FLL-Rome.  I sent my request to my travel agent and she wrote back, "I hate to even suggest this, but this is twice the price of what  you had on Serenade of the Seas.  It almost makes me wonder if Royal didn't make these changes deliberately because of revenue."   🙂

I was on Serenade as well. Explorer now

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

For real?  In our 10 years of sailing Royal, we have not had a single cruise modified.  No change of ports, dates, nothing.  The only two that were impacted were those cancelled due to covid March and July 2020 

It's like we're sailing different cruise lines.

Dan

The one RCI cruise we completed was Quantums repo cruise from China to Singapore in October 2019,booked 18 months before it changed soon after to reduce the stops in Vietnam & changed again during the cruise for the Hong Kong call which meant we missed the Night Markets & Light show.

The Transatlantic cruise on Anthem we booked for early 2020 changed soon after booking,missing out Halifax which was our main reason for booking it.

We also booked a 5 night cruise on Quantum out of Singapore which suddenly morphed into a repo cruise to Japan before being cancelled due to Covid.

As a result I don't have much faith in them supplying what they advertise,I get the feeling I might book a Med cruise & end up on a tour of the Irish Sea!😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, like myself and another said, there's a lot less GS's on a Radiance ship. Someone's gonna be unhappy

Sort of like when they replaced Harmony with Wonder and the CLS went from ~30 to 4. That was a mad scramble. The GS perks on Radiance class ships are not worth the cost to us, and there are a lot of nicely located JS for us to choose. 

23 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I was on Serenade as well. Explorer now

We looked at that one and it just didn't excite.....   But we were on the Odyssey for a week and didn't start to like it until about day 5, so having time to really explore it is going to be great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Sort of like when they replaced Harmony with Wonder and the CLS went from ~30 to 4. That was a mad scramble. The GS perks on Radiance class ships are not worth the cost to us, and there are a lot of nicely located JS for us to choose. 

Agree, I'm looking for a JS for our Panama Canal cruise.. Not an easy find.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Speaking of Travel agents, doing a search on google found out  what the  Royal Suite cost for that World Tour you are going on.

The article talked about the commission the travel agent is getting for that one cabin will be the largest that Royal has ever paid out.......

the Royal Suite was booked through Theresa Graham, co-owner of Dream Vacations TravelPerks in Eugene, Ore., will soon be the recipient of the largest commission check Royal Caribbean has ever written for a single reservation. Graham's client booked the $772,331 suite.  

Wow! Where’s this cruiser to come brag on CC?! Now this person deserves all of the chocolate-covered strawberries they can eat!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

The one RCI cruise we completed was Quantums repo cruise from China to Singapore in October 2019,booked 18 months before it changed soon after to reduce the stops in Vietnam & changed again during the cruise for the Hong Kong call which meant we missed the Night Markets & Light show.

The Transatlantic cruise on Anthem we booked for early 2020 changed soon after booking,missing out Halifax which was our main reason for booking it.

We also booked a 5 night cruise on Quantum out of Singapore which suddenly morphed into a repo cruise to Japan before being cancelled due to Covid.

As a result I don't have much faith in them supplying what they advertise,I get the feeling I might book a Med cruise & end up on a tour of the Irish Sea!😁

Wasn't that Anthem cruise cancelled as well.

A few years ago, some Bermuda cruises turned into Canada cruises due to hurricanes. Obviously no warning. I'd hate to pack for that

8 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Wow! Where’s this cruiser to come brag on CC?! Now this person deserves all of the chocolate-covered strawberries they can eat!

Our 2 cabins are over 200 grand. 

• Like 1