Highest quality Norwegian restaurants?

I don't think the vast majority on CC have ever sailed on overpriced Disney cruises and have never eaten at Remy or Palo and have no idea what they are . What kind of restaurant are you looking for and what does Michelin class mean? Have you gone to the NCL and looked at their offerings and descriptions  before asking here? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Thank you for your help.

Does Norwegian have any high quality restaurants similar to Remy or Palo from Disney? Restaurants that are not Michelin class but are approaching it?

Thanks! 

No Michelin class restaurants (but neither is palo spaghetti shop). Le Bistro is closer to Remy without the cost. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i  like cagneys steak house, and others like le bistro. that being said, however, if you're looking for michelin star quality, you may be disappointed!  

You're not going to find Michelin quality on any mid-range cruise lines.  That said, I'm usually quite pleased with Cagneys, Le Bistro, and Ocean Blue.  I find the waitstaff, including chefs, somms, etc. all bend over backward to give you a bespoke experience.  The more casual premium restaurants (Q, La Cucina, etc.) are OK but not really worth a meal when your choice is the three above.

• Like 2

A Michelin star means nothing, go to any family generation owned European restaurant in France or Italy and the food will be superior.

Do you think Gordon Ramsay works in a kitchen?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trimone said:

A Michelin star means nothing, go to any family generation owned European restaurant in France or Italy and the food will be superior.

Do you think Gordon Ramsay works in a kitchen?

the most hyped up restaurants are usually the most disappointing

• Like 1

I'm not a steak expert, or a gourmet, but the very best steak I ever had was on the Bliss in Le Bistro. My mouth is watering even now, thinking about it. Excuse me while I wipe off my keyboard.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

What about Chef's Table. Did that ever return after covid?

I've been on 18 NCL cruises and I have never heard of Chef's Table, but I know that it exists on Royal Caribbean.

7 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

I agree with @phillygwm, Cagney's, Le Bistro and Ocean Blue are the best three. I have been to these restaurants on many different ships and can honestly say I have never had a poor meal or bad service.

My experience with Cagney’s has been different. We’ve had both bad service and poor meals. Also good service and good meals. It’s really varied. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, tallnthensome said:

I don't think the vast majority on CC have ever sailed on overpriced Disney cruises and have never eaten at Remy or Palo and have no idea what they are . What kind of restaurant are you looking for and what does Michelin class mean? Have you gone to the NCL and looked at their offerings and descriptions  before asking here? 

I think many know what a Michelin star restaurant is and i suspect many have cruised Disney. I did look at the restaurants but the menus and such don't give enough information to answer my question. That sounds snarky and isnt meant to!

Thank you all, we are going Haven anyway so that got a vote as well as Cagneys, Le Bistro, and Ocean Blue. I think we will try them all and just not expect top-tier food just good food 🙂 

Thanks all, as always! 

• Like 1

IMO the best is Ocean Blue. I've never had a bad meal nor poor service there.

Teppanyaki is also a  consistently positive experience. I get the filet there and it's very tasty. Service tens to be good too. 

Le Bistro has always had good service when I've gone but the menu isn't as strong as it used to be. When I was on the Gem in March, I got the escargot appetizer again and it was a lot oiler than it used to be just even late last year. I love to dip the bread in the buttery sauce the escargot is cooked in but NCL changed the recipe for the worst. I was barely able to eat 3 of them. 

Cagney's has definitely lessened in the last couple of years. I've found it very hit or miss. It was a miss on the Gem in March 2022 but I had fine experience on Escape 2021. 

We were on the Encore in December and we’re going to skip Cagney’s altogether because our last couple of meals there weren’t stellar.  And Le Bistro used to be our favorite.  But when the menu at LeBistro was changed, we went ahead with Cagney’s and it was a really great meal.  Our steaks were delicious.  So we went back a second time and skipped Le Bistro altogether.

And I know it’s not the most popular,  but we also love Los Lobos.  The table side guacamole is so good and we both have dishes there that we love.

Norwegian's restaurants, in terms of quality, are like high end chains. Think Seasons 52, McCormick & Schmick's, Hillstone's, Javier's, Sugarfish, Truluck's and Paul Martini's, to name a few. I like all these places, but they aren't even going to be considered for a Michelin star.

• Like 3

you also need to take into consideration, that on any cruise ship sailing with even 1/2 capacity, a michelin restaurant (regardless of how many stars) is not trying to make dinner for a few hundred people per evening 

We got pretty close to 5 star service at Le Bistro, Cagneys, and Haven, but no where near 5 star food anywhere. Le Bistro was closest. Cagney's, at least on the Joy, was not serving well prepared food IMO.

The Hong Kong Style Snapper from Ocean Blue on the Joy is one of the best things I have ever eaten on a cruise ship.

On Joy, I definitely preferred Ocean Blue over Le Bistro and La Cucina. Looking forward to trying out Cagney's and Onda on Encore this August!

• Like 1