Mothers day promo code

Jeni99

Saves $343 on our July Alaska cruise, and because that put $400 back on my credit card for an excursion we'd booked before having our cancellation OBC applied, I went ahead and added $500 cruise cash to both cabins for $800, which will only feel like $400 to my budget.  I wish desperately that I could convince myself to add $1000 to the other two cruises we have that this is valid for, but my budget says another $1600 would be a bad idea.

It was really, really scary cancelling/rebooking our sold out excursions, but I tested it on another limited availability excursion and the availability reappeared instantly.  Incognito mode let me add it back without a scheduling conflict error, so I waited until like 2a EST and clicked it all as fast as I could.  Success!

Struggling to understand the difference between Bar Cash and Cruise Cash. Assuming Bar cash is only valid on bar purchases but can I not just buy Cruise Cash and have it work on bar purchases? 

As another poster mentioned, this code does not work when I am logged into my manager under my profile, but does work for my hubby's. Between this and the preferential rates he is being offered, I'm really not feeling the love from Carnival!! 

5 minutes ago, JillK said:

Struggling to understand the difference between Bar Cash and Cruise Cash. Assuming Bar cash is only valid on bar purchases but can I not just buy Cruise Cash and have it work on bar purchases? 

As another poster mentioned, this code does not work when I am logged into my manager under my profile, but does work for my hubby's. Between this and the preferential rates he is being offered, I'm really not feeling the love from Carnival!! 

Bar cash is stupid and pointless when cruise cash does the same thing and can be used anywhere onboard. Many different rates and offers for various guests without reason.....

• Like 1

Just now, tallnthensome said:

Bar cash is stupid and pointless when cruise cash does the same thing and can be used anywhere onboard. Many different rates and offers for various guests without reason.....

OK- that's what I figured but appreciate the confirmation - thanks. 

Going to buy some with the discount on hubby's account. Looks like he'll be in charge of running to bar that week! 

5 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Same.  I tried to buy cruise cash for the 12/10 MG cruise and 5/28 Freedom cruise and got the same not valid message for both.  

Try going through your hub app. That is the only way mine worked. I could not do it on the computer. I kept getting the invalid code regardless of the browser or computer I used.

6 minutes ago, captainmayi said:

Don't think it's working anymore

I agree,  they caught the error and fixed it. Congrats to those who scored some real savings while it lasted. Saved $200 between cruise cash, wifi, post cruise transfers, and a tour. 

Well the plot thickens!

Last night I tried for my June 25th cruise on the Legend and the code didn't work at all. I logged in as me and my husband in multiple browsers, computers/devices. Nothin.

Today I decided to log into my mother's account. She's traveled with us before but is NOT traveling with us on this trip. The code actually works for her to buy things for us! However, it is only working on spa items and nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, spumonisowner said:

The code actually works for her to buy things for us! However, it is only working on spa items and nothing else. 

That's what the code was intended to give the 20% discount to originally. The rest of our purchases we got lucky on .....that unless of course they come back and somehow cancel everything we all purchased with the promo code before they fixed it. 

Was successful last night cancelling and rebooking an excursion paid for with OBC and buying some cruise cash. Was half expecting to wake up this morning and see it cancelled but so far so good. Happy Mother's Day to me and everyone who got to use it🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Both can be given as gifts

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Was successful last night cancelling and rebooking an excursion paid for with OBC and buying some cruise cash. Was half expecting to wake up this morning and see it cancelled but so far so good. Happy Mother's Day to me and everyone who got to use it🙂

The level to approve the cancellations is off on weekends, they would decide to do it Monday morning.  And it would be such a toxic action from a customer service perspective for a percentage that Carnival can eat in exchange for getting more customer cash in their accounts which they can earn interest on.  I know for the excursions I booked, I would NOT be rebooking them through Carnival if they cancelled them for use of the promo.  

• Like 1

Definitely not working now, so must have fixed it.  Logged in earlier this morning on iPad, could book steakhouse with the promo code, but didn’t do it then, waiting on the rest of my group to do it. Unfortunately when we went back, the code was invalid. Tried on iPad, desktop and the hub, no good!

Since they have fixed this issue, what is the possibility of they cancelling now?

I had booked everything before the price rise and cancelled and rebooked using the code, where will I stand into arguing my case if I was forced to rebook on new prices?