Mothers day promo code

Jeni99

After being on hold for 55 minutes, I finally got to talk to someone.  The code was to be used for SPA treatments only.  I told her several of my friends got the discount.  She said they weren't sure how Carnival was going to treat the discount people got!

3 minutes ago, Grandma Gail said:

After being on hold for 55 minutes, I finally got to talk to someone.  The code was to be used for SPA treatments only.  I told her several of my friends got the discount.  She said they weren't sure how Carnival was going to treat the discount people got!

I'm not sure what you expected them to do when it was an error. They were  not going to give you a pricing error willingly especially if you called AFTER they fixed the mistake. I wouldn't have even made the phone call let alone waited 55 minutes to be told what would be expected.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm not sure what you expected them to do when it was an error. They were  not going to give you a pricing error willingly especially if you called AFTER they fixed the mistake. I wouldn't have even made the phone call let alone waited 55 minutes to be told what would be expected.  

A common rule in the frequent traveler community is to NEVER CALL on a mistake.  The terms clearly stated it was for selected Spa Treatments.  Everything else was gravy, and likely it was somebody calling/emailing that alerted Carnival to the issue.  When it happens it is nice, but we should never act entitled to honoring of a mistake after they correct it.  It is that attitude which can drive them to cancel instead of eating the mistake because of people burning their goodwill.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mowogo said:

A common rule in the frequent traveler community is to NEVER CALL on a mistake.  The terms clearly stated it was for selected Spa Treatments.  Everything else was gravy, and likely it was somebody calling/emailing that alerted Carnival to the issue.  When it happens it is nice, but we should never act entitled to honoring of a mistake after they correct it.  It is that attitude which can drive them to cancel instead of eating the mistake because of people burning their goodwill.  

Exactly! Spot on ....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The code is MSPA22

That is actually the code I tried, i mistyped it my message. I just tried again using it, in all the 3 screens that have the "Promo Code" box, and each time I applied it I got the message 

This promo code is not valid.

Oh well, glad I didn't cancel the Cheers I had for our July trip; I decided to try it first on another cabin that hadn't already purchased Cheers, and saw it didn't work. I tried it on various things for June, July, October and December cruises. Perhaps because they are all 3 day cruises? 

5 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

That is actually the code I tried, i mistyped it my message. I just tried again using it, in all the 3 screens that have the "Promo Code" box, and each time I applied it I got the message 

Oh well, glad I didn't cancel the Cheers I had for our July trip; I decided to try it first on another cabin that hadn't already purchased Cheers, and saw it didn't work. I tried it on various things for June, July, October and December cruises. Perhaps because they are all 3 day cruises? 

If you read up a few posts, the coding error was fixed and it now only works on some spa items. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowogo said:

Yeah, try posting in the Slickdeals community that you called and asked about an error like this. The response would be……..pretty negative.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

That's what the code was intended to give the 20% discount to originally. The rest of our purchases we got lucky on .....that unless of course they come back and somehow cancel everything we all purchased with the promo code before they fixed it. 

Nah - they don't want to suffer the wrath of social media. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Forget social media. They just got a rapid influx of cash with all the purchasing.

I could see them not caring about losing some bucks on things like WiFi which costs them anything but getting a 20% discount on cruise cash doesn't sound like something they would be thrilled about but who knows, maybe you could be right. Anytime they want to make some more pricing errors it would be fine with me. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I could see them not caring about losing some bucks on things like WiFi which costs them anything but getting a 20% discount on cruise cash doesn't sound like something they would be thrilled about but who knows, maybe you could be right. Anytime they want to make some more pricing errors it would be fine with me. 

Pretty much everything you can use cruise cash for has more than a 20% margin I'm sure so they're still money ahead, they'd just prefer to not let it happen again.

6 hours ago, Virga said:

I wish desperately that I could convince myself to add $1000 to the other two cruises we have that this is valid for, but my budget says another $1600 would be a bad idea.

Do it.  Add the 500 on each of the cruises.  It will cost you 400 and you can tell yourself to go to Cherry on Top and buy a 500 gift card each cruise.  You then come out 200 ahead and you have 1000 to spend on a future cruise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

It never would have worked for your December cruise because it was only good through mid November.  Perhaps the 3 day length came into play.  It worked on my 7 day cruises on the Mardi Gras in August and September.

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Pretty much everything you can use cruise cash for has more than a 20% margin I'm sure so they're still money ahead, they'd just prefer to not let it happen again.

A more damaging glitch happened a few years ago on RCI when they were selling the UBP for 18.00 per day.

• Like 2

Man, the ONE DAY that I don't go on Cruise Critic because I'm trying to focus and get work done... and I miss this.

Moral of the story: Work bad. Cruise good.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do it.  Add the 500 on each of the cruises.  It will cost you 400 and you can tell yourself to go to Cherry on Top and buy a 500 gift card each cruise.  You then come out 200 ahead and you have 1000 to spend on a future cruise.

Fortunately for my May budget, the code had been fixed by the time I tried again yesterday.  Still saved me over $500 total, which covers the remaining balance owed on our two non-Carnival excursions - the Alaska trip is officially fully paid for outside souvenirs and food in ports!  

Edited by Virga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Virga said:

Fortunately for my May budget, the code had been fixed by the time I tried again yesterday.  Still saved me over $500 total, which covers the remaining balance owed on our two non-Carnival excursions - the Alaska trip is officially fully paid for outside souvenirs and food in ports!  

It was nice while it lasted.  Saved just under 350.  Saw a cruise YouTuber mention it on one of his vlogs on Sunday.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AQW said:

Man, the ONE DAY that I don't go on Cruise Critic because I'm trying to focus and get work done... and I miss this.

Moral of the story: Work bad. Cruise good.

Felt the exact same way, kinda bitter about it lol. Of all the days to miss, the one that would actually save money. 🤬

• Like 1

Worked out great for me. We had decided not to get Cheers - even before the price increase. Well we have it now thanks to the promo. Also wifi, an excursion, bubbles, and cruise cash. I don't know how much I saved, but it was a good amount. One of my cruising buddies text me the code. I got her stuff first. Then myself. I hadn't been on social media all day Saturday (out shopping for mom's day) and assumed it was something John Heald posted. It wasn't until yesterday when all hell broke lose that I realized it was supposed to be a spa only code. Maybe around the same time Carnival's IT department realized. 🤣 

Edited by cruizinisthebest
  • Like 1