The Daily for Thursday 05/12/2022

richwmn

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

Well, the surgeon wants to remove the gall bladder and really thinks that is the problem.   So, surgery is scheduled for June 1.  I have an afternoon slot, so I will be able to do the Meal of the Day and I should be home that afternoon/early evening.  Gall bladder surgery is generally outpatient.  

I do have an appointment with the urologist on June 3rd.  Urologists get updates on adrenal masses as well.  That is my back up plan if I still have that nagging pain in my side.  We are moving in the right direction.  Finally.

I hope the surgery goes well.  Juan had that done several years ago.

• Like 15

@kazu  Jacqui, have the Celebration of Life in a place that Jose no only loved, but where he loved to entertain sounds like a wonderful idea.  His friends will appreciate being in a beloved place to honor Jose.

@dfish  Debbie, that is good news that you now have a date for the gallbladder surgery.  I hope it solves the problem, but like that you have a plan B in place.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowsby said:

When I was in the process of trying to get my husband into a hospice care facility (however...he died at the hospital)...I had two problems with his Will....I only had an unsigned copy at home and had to make a wild dash to our safety deposit box for the signed original...then make a copy.....as the care facility needed his POA (Power of Attorney)...

Thankfully....the POA was included at the bottom part of the Will....

Just this morning....I typed up a blank form of the Will with all the correct legal terms ....as all the adult members of our family...children and grandchildren....now want to have their own Wills....and they will then have their signatures notarized at their banks....

We have all learned how important it could be.....

Sam actually scanned our wills, health care directives and POA documents into the computer and they are saved in folders so I can access them if needed. I can even get them on my phone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@dfishGood luck with all the necessary pre-op appts in such a short time. I think mine are finally arranged for the hip replacement June 8. 

Good luck Suzie.  I will be thinking and praying for you 🙏🏻 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Whew!  Thank goodness it will be soon.  You have a cruise in July, right?  I can't remember when in July...

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@dfishGood luck with all the necessary pre-op appts in such a short time. I think mine are finally arranged for the hip replacement June 8. 

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I hope the surgery goes well.  Juan had that done several years ago.

47 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  Debbie, that is good news that you now have a date for the gallbladder surgery.  I hope it solves the problem, but like that you have a plan B in place.

20 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@dfish I hope getting the gallbladder out does the trick! 

Thank you, everyone.  It has taken almost a year to get to this point.  I think the problem is that the gall bladder is an atypical presentation.  I don't have pain in the right places, but the blood tests show some problems with the bile duct.  Of course, my adrenal mass may be an outlier as well.  

The surgery will be laparoscopic, so recovery should be shorter and I will be all healed in time for my cruise in July.   We fly out July 15th, Carolyn.   Cruise leaves July 17th.  

@SusieKIslandGirl Wishing you the best on your hip replacement surgery.   My pre-op will be next week.   I did the first part today which was an EKG.  

Edited by dfish
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

he surgery will be laparoscopic, so recovery should be shorter and I will be all healed in time for my cruise in July.   We fly out July 15th, Carolyn.   Cruise leaves July 17th.  

I hope that isn't the Volendam.  Apparently, the refugee charter has been extended.

OK, just checked the Future Cruise List.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Answerd own question.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Wow! What a lot going on, medically speaking.  Good luck on the surgeries.  (I won't say, break a leg!)  We're almost in June.    I've been having difficulties swallowing my pills, and the doctor said I should have a barium swallow.  Of course, I've no idea when, my bone density study was ordered March 14, and I still haven't heard about that, it may be months.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Of course, I've no idea when, my bone density study was ordered March 14, and I still haven't heard about that, it may be months.

It's almost like that here. I was due for a colonoscopy last month, requested the referral in January, and will have it at the end of July. They ascribe it to pent-up demand, although I'm not sure that demand is the right word: they did none for most of 2020, and in 2021 many people were reluctant to visit medical settings, but now everyone wants to catch up.

• Like 13

Well, about 5000:screws later the garden shed is complete. And we are all still speaking to each other. Thank goodness our niece is visiting because it really is a 3 person job.

prayers for all who need them and I have already toasted everyone celebrating.

BDAB238C-F108-4F87-9891-B925832D4961.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I hope that isn't the Volendam.  Apparently, the refugee charter has been extended.

OK, just checked the Future Cruise List.

Roy

No, we are on the Rotterdam.  I did have a bit of a start this afternoon when I checked current pricing of that cruise and it said it sailed on July 15th instead of July 17th.  Turns out I had chosen July 2023 instead of July 2022.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, dfish said:

Well, the surgeon wants to remove the gall bladder and really thinks that is the problem.   So, surgery is scheduled for June 1.  I have an afternoon slot, so I will be able to do the Meal of the Day and I should be home that afternoon/early evening.  Gall bladder surgery is generally outpatient.  

I do have an appointment with the urologist on June 3rd.  Urologists get updates on adrenal masses as well.  That is my back up plan if I still have that nagging pain in my side.  We are moving in the right direction.  Finally.

Lost my gallbladder a few years ago and went shopping the next day. Pray that is your experience.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, dfish said:

I hope this surgery solves your pain issue Debbie.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, superoma said:

Well, about 5000:screws later the garden shed is complete. And we are all still speaking to each other. Thank goodness our niece is visiting because it really is a 3 person job.

prayers for all who need them and I have already toasted everyone celebrating.

BDAB238C-F108-4F87-9891-B925832D4961.jpeg

Wow!  Good for you two 👍 

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Thank you, everyone.  It has taken almost a year to get to this point.  I think the problem is that the gall bladder is an atypical presentation.  I don't have pain in the right places, but the blood tests show some problems with the bile duct.  Of course, my adrenal mass may be an outlier as well.  

The surgery will be laparoscopic, so recovery should be shorter and I will be all healed in time for my cruise in July.   

I’m glad the have finally found the problem, Debbie and hope this solves your pain issues.  Best wishes for your upcoming surgery 🙏🏻 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Lost my gallbladder a few years ago and went shopping the next day. Pray that is your experience.

That sounds like a plan!   Back in 2018 I had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday and went to Columbus on Thursday for a program.   I didn't do the driving, but still it was a bit taxing.  

• Like 2