Drinks package and Diamond Member

55 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

With Memorial Day pricing that started yesterday, my next 3 cruises are coming in at $66.99, $72.99, $72.99.  With the diamond drink perk factored in there is no way I would break even over the length of the cruise at those prices.  I would do a little better than breaking even on sea days but on any port day I would definitely end up falling behind by quite a bit.  

I'm buying a soda package and buying a 24 pack of water to cover the non alcoholic beverages and will live with paying $7.50 for a few beers or ciders each day.  I'll reserve the diamond drinks for the $13 cocktails and when I total up the bill at the end of the cruise I'm sure I'll be ahead of having bought the package.  I'm thinking that this is going to be the most affordable way to go.

Yep, that's the way we look at it too.

D+, so we get 5 drinks per day.  Wife likes to have "a few" frozen drinks throughout the day and evening.  I'm happy with the 5.  And if I don't use all 5 drinks, I'll use a couple each day for her.  Not buying the drinks package saves us over $1000 during the week and that'll easily pay for any extra frozen drinks for her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes.  But I like it fresh not from the machine.  

The lounge machine grinds the beans fresh for every cup?  Do you think that is less fresh than the machine used at Starbucks or cafe promenade?   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

The lounge machine grinds the beans fresh for every cup?  Do you think that is less fresh than the machine used at Starbucks or cafe promenade?   

I was going to say something like this but I'm not a coffee expert. All I know is I drink whole lot of free cappuccino from that machine and it tastes good to me.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, zebra36 said:

The machines in the Diamond lounge make each cup individually, can't get any fresher than that!

Just let them pay for the "fresh " coffee 🤣 there will be one less person getting the stale coffee....for free .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

There must be a coffee bean harvesting excursion somewhere in the Caribbean.

Actually we have a coffee machine in our suite.  But like coffee with my lunch and dinner.  I also like from sorrento’s.   Don’t want to run to suite or diamond lounge for “free” coffee if not convenient 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually we have a coffee machine in our suite.  But like coffee with my lunch and dinner.  I also like from sorrento’s.   Don’t want to run to suite or diamond lounge for “free” coffee if not convenient 

I wouldn't go to a lounge for plain coffee either, only cappuccino, latte, etc. I'm sure I'll make plain coffee in my suite at some point but I much prefer cappuccino, especially when it's free.

5 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Yep, that's the way we look at it too.

D+, so we get 5 drinks per day.  Wife likes to have "a few" frozen drinks throughout the day and evening.  I'm happy with the 5.  And if I don't use all 5 drinks, I'll use a couple each day for her.  Not buying the drinks package saves us over $1000 during the week and that'll easily pay for any extra frozen drinks for her.

5 each , my wife is fine with 3 per day and I am fine with 7. happy cruising

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Are you using your coffee card for specialty coffees?     Do they accept the coffee card in MDR for specialty coffee?   

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You know there's a free coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge for cappuccino, espresso, latte, etc., right?

And it works great! If we don't get a drinks package we make heavy use of the coffee machine in the D lounge

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Fresh?   Where do you get fresh?   

D lounge baby. Very early I make the trek. I mean early. We are early risers and I fill a thermos each night for my beautiful bride for her consumption. My first task upon waking is, at my choice, a trip to a quality coffee location. Could be D lounge, could be on the promenade. I am a great hubby 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:43 PM, tennislvr8 said:

We are diamond and I still get the drink package and my husband gets the refreshment package. I share my diamond drinks with him. Most times he never uses them all in one day, he mostly drinks his four and that’s it. We usually lose my four each day due to non use. 

Why would you pay for a package and waste $52 worth of drinks on top of that?  You pay $70+ per day for the package then give back the value of your Diamond vouchers so you spend $122+ per day for drinks?!?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Why would you pay for a package and waste $52 worth of drinks on top of that?  You pay $70+ per day for the package then give back the value of your Diamond vouchers so you spend $122+ per day for drinks?!?!

Because the 4 drinks per day aren’t enough for me. I drink all day and night when on a cruise. My husband doesn’t get the drink package so he is supposed to use the 8 drinks we get. Now I will never pay more than $50 per day for a drink package so I will be changing that since the prices are so high. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, island lady said:

Yup, totally agree.  See my post #3.  😉 🙂 

Absolutely agree. Can't justify 2 drink packages in excess of vouchers. Just buy extra drinks as needed each day. 

• Like 2

I'm a new diamond so this next cruise will be my first foray into the Diamond lounge.  With the machine they have do they also include flavoring syrups? If so are any of those sugar free.  DW starts every day with a sugar free caramel or vanilla latte.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm a new diamond so this next cruise will be my first foray into the Diamond lounge.  With the machine they have do they also include flavoring syrups? If so are any of those sugar free.  DW starts every day with a sugar free caramel or vanilla latte.

I have only seen syrups once and they were actually gifted by a guest. Somehow, they were able to bring on a case of syrups and they were gifted to the lounge. That was such a great treat. I wonder if they still do that? I was told that was a habit they had and did it most sailings. It was preCovid. Never knew who the special guest was but always left little thank you post its for them. I just get simple cappuccinos in the lounge, and use a voucher for a special flavored specific one most afternoons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations on reaching Diamond   🤩   Unfortunately, I have not seen any flavor syrups in any of the DL's I have visited.    I wish they did as I always enjoy a splash of hazelnut in my latte.    

Maybe bring a small bottle of syrup with you in your carry on bag (if not flying to port same day).

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2