Bacon shortage? 🤣🤣

Indianamale

9 minutes ago, mz-s said:

But you just said you're willing to pay more for better steak...bizarre argumentation.

Anyway, I used to be able to fill up my truck for $25 or less. Now I'm paying closer to $100. A lot of things are different in this "post COVID" society. Like it or lump it as they say.

Well $25 full tank even in my Honda Civic was a long time ago but yes. 
Once upon a time I could fill my tank with $65. 
Now it costs me $120. (2.05 per litre at the moment). 

16 hours ago, ray98 said:

Not bizarre at all....I am not a fan of upcharges and limitations for basic items.  If the other lines can do it, their direct competition, I expect Carnival should be able to sort it out also.

The other lines sorted it out by charging more than Carnival. You have the option of paying more to cruise with them or paying less to cruise with Carnival. Your choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

The other lines sorted it out by charging more than Carnival. You have the option of paying more to cruise with them or paying less to cruise with Carnival. Your choice.

.....and none of that means I cannot wish that Carnival handled the situation as well as their competitors as am I an overall fan of the line.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 9:12 PM, 1kaper said:

Well $25 full tank even in my Honda Civic was a long time ago but yes. 
Once upon a time I could fill my tank with $65. 
Now it costs me $120. (2.05 per litre at the moment). 

Damn..and I think $70 is terrible for my camry

On 5/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, Indianamale said:

I would rather pay more money for things that I expect. I just wonder when customers are going to say enough is enough. 

How much more would you pay to have bacon everyday? I get the whole "it's more than that!" but it's really not. Such a silly stance to pay double to "get more free stuff".

On 5/26/2022 at 9:57 AM, JT1962 said:

Years ago I saw a sign in a local business that said “Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.”  That is very true. If you get a free or cheap cruise, but the quality is not there, you don’t remember the great deal you got, just the bad experience. 

This is the type cute little meme that someone posts online, and everyone likes it because "omg true". Then they head to walmart, mcdonalds, and all of the other biggest brands that win on price, not quality. 

It's a shame, because I like bacon. I don't eat it everyday though. There are plenty of offerings. Call me old-fashioned, but I would much rather ask for a world where we don't do ridiculous things that drives up the cost of everything. I'm not mad at Carnival for being billions in debt and not wanting to waste mountains of an item that has surged in price.

However, if I did have a food ask, the new steak has to go. It is terrible. 

• Like 1

Firstly, my husband and I had a discussion he reminded me that all cruise line bacon we've had really doesn't taste that great. So he's right there and no big loss. I would still like it but we like a nice crispy bacon, the good stuff, lol. So that really fatty soggy stuff is just a step up from the heartburn sausage links. The other continental breakfast type stuff is fine for us.

Those of you saying so, I agree.... you were right, I was wrong, lol. It's been since 2019 since we cruised last time and I just forgot.

On the fun times argument I like just that newsletter, we also save ours as a memento. BUT I am willing to get that from guest services and am happy to not receive all the other notices like the notices for art auctions, etc. Also glad a crew member doesn't need to waste their precious time delivering those to me. If I want them then I should walk my tush to guest services to get them myself even if I did pay for the cruise, I don't mind. Walking is good for us, will help me shed those cruise food pounds faster since I'm not a very active person I need a reason to walk more haha.

Edited by oyme

I apologize if its been mentioned as I didnt want to read 5 pages about bacon. But CCL has been rationing bacon since well before Covid was a thing. I was kind of surprised on our first CCL cruise when I had to ask for bacon from someone standing there with a bin of it away from the actual buffet, and then they gave me 2 strips (my body really doesnt need more than that!).  The only time I eat breakfast and indulge on bacon is when on vacation so yeah, this kind of sucks but it isnt a deal breaker. NCL has always had mounds of bacon at the buffet but I havent been on them since Covid so that may have changed too.

8 hours ago, dltvermont said:

I apologize if its been mentioned as I didnt want to read 5 pages about bacon. But CCL has been rationing bacon since well before Covid was a thing. I was kind of surprised on our first CCL cruise when I had to ask for bacon from someone standing there with a bin of it away from the actual buffet, and then they gave me 2 strips (my body really doesnt need more than that!).  The only time I eat breakfast and indulge on bacon is when on vacation so yeah, this kind of sucks but it isnt a deal breaker. NCL has always had mounds of bacon at the buffet but I havent been on them since Covid so that may have changed too.

All you had to do was ask for more. Carnival has never rationed bacon.

2 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Must be a USA thing. On X last week in Europe, they served piles and piles of bacon! And they also served English bacon! I went hog wild, no pun intended!

We've only cruised the Panorama this year (most recently 30APR), but there was no bacon shortage.  At the breakfast buffet, it was served to you (but you could ask for as much as your want) until late.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Must be a USA thing. On X last week in Europe, they served piles and piles of bacon! And they also served English bacon! I went hog wild, no pun intended!

Princess serves both, or at least did. I'll find out in a little while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

We've only cruised the Panorama this year (most recently 30APR), but there was no bacon shortage.  At the breakfast buffet, it was served to you (but you could ask for as much as your want) until late.

I was also on the Panorama, but in Oct. They served bacon every other day.

The quality of the bacon on Carnival is very poor. On top of that, it is sliced paper thin. I have been on 4 cruises and about to go on a 5th. I do not cruise for food. The overall quality of the food in the MDR has declined. The strip loin steak has a good flavor but is thin and most times very chewy. Occasionally you may find a tender strip loin. It is thin and cannot be cooked with any degree of accuracy. 

I glad I do not cruise for food.  I eat what is available.   Itinerary and value it why I cruise.  And Carnival got me again.  Doing the same cruise to Alaska on the Splendor.  Itinerary is Alaska.  Enough said if you have been there.  Value: how does $350 total for a solo for a seven day with a window.  Sure I have to pay tips but my $200 of OBC should cover that with a little extra.  So as long Carnival will be friendly with solo cruisers, I can live with bacon every other day.✌️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, zipper1 said:

Just off the Sunshine this past Saturday and it was available every morning where the omelets are made.

It is available as an omelette topping and as a topping for Guy's Burgers, but is not available every day on Lido buffet.

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It is available as an omelette topping and as a topping for Guy's Burgers, but is not available every day on Lido buffet.

I'm not talking about the omelet topping. They also had bacon, sausage, and some kind of potatoes every day that you could have as well.

1 hour ago, zipper1 said:

I'm not talking about the omelet topping. They also had bacon, sausage, and some kind of potatoes every day that you could have as well.

Thanks for the info, I have not seen this - but the last time I was on the Sunshine was early May.

23 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

And now one of the largest pork plants is shutting down in CA citing increased costs of doing business in CA. Bacon shortage lives on!

22 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Production will be shifted to other plants.

Indeed, no company (well, other than Tesla and their moody owner/CEO/whatever) shuts down a plant without the "backup plan" already in motion if not fully operational. But it makes for a nice headline!