Royal Email: Good News, Future Cruise Credit Expiration Date Changes!

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We have exciting news for you! To provide you with additional flexibility to sail with us, we have extended your Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Your FCC will remain active and will never expire.

Our systems still require an expiration date on file, so in the next few days we’ll update our records to reflect an expiration date far in the future – rest assured these credits do not expire. No action is needed on your part, we’ll take care of everything for you!

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2022 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

• Like 3

it's odd how mine was worded different:

Dear Guest,

We have exciting news for you! To provide you with additional flexibility to sail with us, we have extended your Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

The 25% bonus value provided through Global Suspension will remain active through your original expiration date and you have until that date to book a new sailing to take advantage of this bonus amount. Once your expiration date passes, your bonus amount will inactivate, however the FCC value associated with funds held in penalty will remain active and will never expire. We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the extension.

No action is needed on your part, we’ll take care of everything for you!

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon! 

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience

1 minute ago, Amanda31 said:

it's odd how mine was worded different:

Dear Guest,

We have exciting news for you! To provide you with additional flexibility to sail with us, we have extended your Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

The 25% bonus value provided through Global Suspension will remain active through your original expiration date and you have until that date to book a new sailing to take advantage of this bonus amount. Once your expiration date passes, your bonus amount will inactivate, however the FCC value associated with funds held in penalty will remain active and will never expire. We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the extension.

No action is needed on your part, we’ll take care of everything for you!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience

I received the same email.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, I just got that email. Glad that Royal is doing this.  

Yes! Had 2 Dozen available still just 3 Months ago, Cruised last Month where paid my B4B's then scheduled to use rest of this Fall. Something happen's nice not have worry now. 

• Like 1

There's a similar thread and a poster mentioned that it is good on CWC FCCs.  The e-mail does not indicate and it's simply generic affecting all FCCs.  Any clarification will be appreciated.

20 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There's a similar thread and a poster mentioned that it is good on CWC FCCs.  The e-mail does not indicate and it's simply generic affecting all FCCs.  Any clarification will be appreciated.

True, hope meant all FCC. I was Assuming and you know what happen's when you Assume. 

• Like 1

Not Royal but similar from Celebrity:        

Dear Valued Guest:
It’s the official start to summer and we’re entirely focused on providing the best, much-needed vacations at sea.
We want to ensure that you are able to join us, traveling when you are ready and able to.
That’s why we are so pleased to share with you that, as of today, we are removing redemption and sail-by date parameters from your Future Cruise Credits!
Here are some additional details:
The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire.
The incremental 25% bonus value that was provided will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.
FCCs remain combinable.

We’ll keep your expiration date in the system as-is, so you know when to use your bonus. Then the day after your current expiration date passes, your credit will be updated to reflect the new value and the never-expiring extension. Your FCCs will be automatically updated to reflect these new terms. It is our sincere hope that this adjustment provides you full flexibility to book your next Celebrity cruise vacation and from a wider selection of sailings. Should you have any questions, please reach out to us here.
This is just one of many ways we are focused on delivering the best experience for you and we can’t wait to welcome you aboard!

Celebrity Cruises

I also received the second email which says that I loose the 25% by the end of the year.

So all they are doing is to "extend" the FCC regarding the money they were supposed to pay back anyway. In may case they have my money for more than 4 years now (2018 booking). Now I´m loosing the bonus of the 25% for borrowing them my money for 2 years. I should have asked them to pay my money back by the time they cancelled my Sep 2020 cruise.

steamboats

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nelblu said:

I guess some "compensation" FCCs are not qualified.

For example I have a FCC which was offered for itinerary change / port cancellation due to weather issues. The deadline is still this year.

Deadline of my other CWC FCCs are extended to the year 2049.

I have 2 FCCs that I've applied to a cruise for this Dec that we will be cancelling (applied them for the time being as they expired Dec 31, 2022).

I assume when we cancel the cruise, that they will be re-issued with the new rule of no expiry?  One is from CWC (small amount as it's just leftover) and one is not CWC (which seems to be in question if this one applies)

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to April 2020 when that advice started.

It´s not that much money so I thought I could help them out with that amount ... (I think it´s 120 Euro). I got my prepaid stuff back plus the flights (which were app 2 K Euro).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats