Guys Fries?

They have been all over the place on our five cruises since reopening. There is no longer any such thing as "Guy's Fries," just things called fries available at Guy's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, UpstateCruizer said:

On my last 3 cruises since the restart the fries are no longer the fresh cut fries at Guys. They were a typical frozen type fry with the same seasoning that was previously used for Guys fries. 

Last week's cruise -- frozen fries for certain.  We didn't notice any special seasoning.  Perhaps we needed to ask, IDK.  

On my first cruise since the restart, they were serving frozen fries but similar to the old Guy's style.

On my most recent cruise, they were serving the Deli fries but lightly tossed in the Guy's seasoning.

Frankly I like the Deli's fries anyway so to me it's an upgrade. I like fries to have a little crunch to them.

• Like 2

True, on our cruise on Vista two weeks ago the fries were regular frozen fries with the old seasoning sprinked on. The burgers were also different - much drier meat with a giant, chewy, super dense bun. They also didn't have the signature sauce for some reason! It was very dissapointing - I was so excited to have a Guy's Burger for the first time in four years, but what we got was significantly worse than our last cruise in 2019! Oh well - it is free, but I ate there after getting onboard and never went back because it was downright gross. 😞

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, skridge said:

On my March Cruise on Sunshine the fries were as good as they have been since the first time I had them.  

They were good on my cruise in March too, but the change seems to have apparently happened since then.

20 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Hang in there folks, if we all stick together we'll  get through this!   😉

What's really tearing me up is that I miss the old Guy's but how do I complain when I can't, with a straight face, say, "you know how much I paid for this free cruise?"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Honestly I hated the old guys fries, I like the regular ones you can get now especily with no seasoning(cutting salt where I can)

Agree. On one cruise the deli had great fries. Got the burger and then got the fries at the deli.

Hopefully our up and coming cruise on the Liberty will have good Guys burgers. Not the paper thin ones on our last Carnival cruise 2 years ago. I hate asking, but you can have them make a burger your way.

16 hours ago, UpstateCruizer said:

On my last 3 cruises since the restart the fries are no longer the fresh cut fries at Guys. They were a typical frozen type fry with the same seasoning that was previously used for Guys fries. 

Same for us on April Dream cruise.  For our December Glory cruise, they still had the fresh cut fries.

Returned to Carnival in April on the Magic and the times I had Guys, it was the fresh cut fries and normal buns.  I was so pleased after two RCCL cruises where their hamburgers were really disappointing.

I hope this change in Carnival is only temporary.  I'm looking forward to the next few Carnival cruises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

@mz-s WHAT?  No baked potatoes????

They're still served on Lido but have all but disappeared from the MDR at least for now. Even on elegant night, no baked potato with the prime rib - just half a potato with cheese cooked onto it. I think they'd bring you sour cream and bacon bits if you wanted it though.

• Like 1