Timing of Covid Test if Ship Delayed?

Scheduled to take antigen test today for our cruise departing Saturday outvof Miami. What happens if our departure is delayed by a day due to port closures Saturday?  Tests are to be taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing? Will Royal honor the Test today since it was in the original window? 

1 minute ago, mspink98 said:

If you're referring to the possible Agatha/Alex situation, there's no chance that will close the port.

You are starting to sound like VanFleet with the Texas storm a few years ago when he was sure Galveston would open - it didn't.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You are starting to sound like VanFleet with the Texas storm a few years ago when he was sure Galveston would open - it didn't.

for over a week, and in the process he (and inept Royal C/S) put a lot of people in very dangerous situations 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

22 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

What port closures Saturday? If you're referring to the possible Agatha/Alex situation, there's no chance that will close the port. You may be very wet, but you'll sail. 

No chance either that cruising will be shut down either right?, It happened so there is a chance the port will shut down because of bad weather. Shi!! happens.

Unfortunately walgreens has no availability Friday. Just finished my covid appointment and am negative so hoping royal will honor if port does close. Sounds like will be just a rain event but never know how the port will handle. 

Edited by SanzD
Spelling

10 hours ago, sandebeach said:

2PZKI40E_bigger.jpg

PM Tropics Update for in bound Guests this Friday/Weekend regarding developing storm. Models coming together better this evening, and it is possible we see Port closures on Saturday. They are NOT currently, but given the new data, I am anticipating it’s possible.

When flights are delayed, the Covid test time requirements are always extended. I imagine that cruises work the same way. You just need to meet the original requirements. 

21 minutes ago, Kevin said:

When flights are delayed, the Covid test time requirements are always extended. I imagine that cruises work the same way. You just need to meet the original requirements. 

Well, it's not 48 hours.  It's two days so flight delays make no difference.

That being said, RCI would have to make some accomodation for delayed ship departure if it was a day.

Edited by BND

According to forecasts, there will be heavy rain across southern Florida on Friday but moving into Bahamas on Saturday.  So unless a ship is delayed in arrival because of weather on Friday, there's no reason at present to close any port, Miami of Port Everglades.

5 minutes ago, SanzD said:

That's not what Van Fleet posted on his Twitter feed today. He saidbits likely the port could close and to keep an ear out for any closures.  Thanks

He said if there are closures Saturday would be the day for them.

Royal just sent an email that Symphony will be delayed one day. Departing Sunday at 7pm rather than Saturday. Covid testing will be honored based on original sailing date.

• Like 2

You could always call Royal and check, but I think they'll be swamped this weekend.  My aunt is on the Adventure sailing out of Bayonne tomorrow and they just found out their itinerary was changed from Bermuda to Canada due to a potential hurricane.  You might have a long time to wait on hold, as a lot of people might be trying to switch their bookings.

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:04 AM, mspink98 said:

What port closures Saturday? If you're referring to the possible Agatha/Alex situation, there's no chance that will close the port. You may be very wet, but you'll sail. 

Back in 2019 was on a Boston Cruise where was raining hard Sideways day I boarded. Had a bad seal on my Aft Balcony Cabin, leaked and my Cabin Carpet was wet for 3 days. Worked out, the FCC I received and finally able use paid for 1 1/2 my Cruises was on last Month. Wet AND Cold, was worth it 

Edited by ONECRUISER