Accuracy of restaurant menus on app

OysterD

We are booked on an 11 night Reflection cruise at the end of September. We are trying to decide whether to take advantage of the current 1st night discounts at either Murano or the Lawn Club but want to weigh up whether we would prefer to do a specialty restaurant on another evening depending on the nightly menu in Blu. 

The app currently shows menus for days 1-7 in Blu but then days 8-11 it shows as 'venue closed'. 

This far out from the cruise, are the menus shown in the app just guidelines or are they what will actually be served on nights 1-7 and then for some reason the other days just aren't showing up? If the menu for night 1 is accurate we would probably just rather eat in Blu and then choose another night for one of the specialty restaurants and forgo the 1st night discount. 

Thanks!

The closer to the cruise, the more accurate the app. September is too far to be showing accurately for your cruise. You might want to try changing the cruise date to another date closer in time with your same itinerary and check out the menus on that cruise.

What @jelayne said is essentially correct about the order potentially being out of whack.  However, you can pretty much count on what's listed as the first night being correct.  The others can shift around for one reason or another (typically to match up with formal nights).  

The other nights can vary on cruises shorter than 7 nights, as well, but that's not an issue on your cruise.

As for nights 8-11, just hang in there and see what happens.  We have a 10-night cruise coming up later, and the Luminae menu has similar issues.  Day 8 has everything in place, but Day 9 only has breakfast listed, and Day 10 shows "venue closed."  I expect that'll get worked out in time.

You might be running into the same issue as we are, our cruise on Eclipse in September is 11 nights and the app currently shows the restaurants closed the last few nights, I’m assuming its because the Eclipse is currently only running 7 night sailings so they’re only posting 7 nights of menus. Is your Reflection sailing longer than usual because its the end of the season? I’m hoping that closer to our sail date the app will show the full number of menus. 

5 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I’m assuming its because the Eclipse is currently only running 7 night sailings so they’re only posting 7 nights of menus.

It is just that your cruise is too far out at the moment, so they just load a default 7 day menu set.

I have found that future sailings seem to match up with whatever the current sailing is, so if there are a different # of nights, that causes some discrepancies.

I have been keeping track of the sailings on the Beyond.  The menus for Luminae all re-set to Day 1 and go from there with the menu cycle.  As mentioned above, formal nights will cause some altering.  

I am trying to plan specialty and want to do it based on nights we do not like the menus.  I am also aware menus may change once onboard, as I know they have before at times. 

So far, all of the sailings, since the Inaugural, have followed the pattern of re-setting to Day 1 for Luminae.   Blu differed a little at first but has now gone to the Day 1 re-set.  

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

I've found that the menus are pretty accurate within 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise but just place holders if a month or more out.    You can get a pretty good idea by checking a cruise on your ship with the same number of nights or itinerary that is currently at sea.

16 minutes ago, IDL said:

I am sailing on the Infinity later this month and have the app though I do not see any menus displayed.

Click on the round Dining Icon on the bottom right of the main screen.  From there you can scroll at the top through the categories.  Click one then choose a Venue. Once you do, click Menu.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

10 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Click on the round Dining Icon on the bottom right of the main screen.  From there you can scroll at the top through the venues and when you click on one, click Menu.

🍹

Thank you; I scrolled right by it but now see the menus.

• Like 1

We sailed on Reflection last month and the menu wasn’t updated until the day or 2 before sailing. I was keeping track of some stuff for deciding on when to do specialty dining and it all did change. 

Edited by Purplsmurf

Thanks everyone! I didn't realise you could bring up other cruises in the app. I've had a play around and only the current Reflection sailing (10 night cruise) has menus showing in Blu past day 7. Reflection seems to be alternating all summer between a 10 night and the 11 night cruise we're booked on.

All sailings seem to be showing the same menu for the first 7 nights. 

I think we might just take the plunge and book either Murano or Lawn Club for the first night, save ourselves 30%. 

11 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

You might be running into the same issue as we are, our cruise on Eclipse in September is 11 nights and the app currently shows the restaurants closed the last few nights, I’m assuming its because the Eclipse is currently only running 7 night sailings so they’re only posting 7 nights of menus. Is your Reflection sailing longer than usual because its the end of the season? I’m hoping that closer to our sail date the app will show the full number of menus. 

On nights 8 and beyond the menus are a reworked combination of the prior weeks menus on our prior cruises.

Agree Day 1 the same with other days often shuffled.  Supply issues will certainly effect both the selections offered and the timing.

The App is of no use to me as it doesn’t display the dietary symbols. I always ask for a paper menu, which does. 
Typically, menus are on a 14 night rotation. We were once on a 15 day cruise and reverted to day 1 on the last night. This was explained to us at dinner, with an apology.

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The App is of no use to me as it doesn’t display the dietary symbols. I always ask for a paper menu, which does. 
Typically, menus are on a 14 night rotation. We were once on a 15 day cruise and reverted to day 1 on the last night. This was explained to us at dinner, with an apology.

Hello,

I've just completed 3 x 7 night cruises and consequently 3 x the same menu - I wish they had gone nights 1 - 14 and then 1 - 7. You never know, nights 8 - 14 might have had some roast potatoes and not the 'mash' that was on every night 1 - 7.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

You never know, nights 8 - 14 might have had some roast potatoes and not the 'mash' that was on every night 1 - 7.

You can certainly order jacket potatoes. I do regularly, as I am dairy Intolerant.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, Alakegirl said:

I would say that everything on the app is a work in progress, not reliable and subject to change

That about sums it up.

Good example was the lack of a lobster night on one of our recent cruises (can't remember which one).  Never showed on the app until we boarded, or perhaps very close to boarding. 

16 hours ago, upwarduk said:

You can certainly order jacket potatoes. I do regularly, as I am dairy Intolerant.

Hello,

Yes I did that but even they become repetitive after a while. Moreover, the jackets of the jacket potatoes were soggy and I like a 'crunch'.

Regards,

Cublet

On 6/8/2022 at 2:53 PM, OysterD said:

We are booked on an 11 night Reflection cruise at the end of September. We are trying to decide whether to take advantage of the current 1st night discounts at either Murano or the Lawn Club but want to weigh up whether we would prefer to do a specialty restaurant on another evening depending on the nightly menu in Blu. 

The app currently shows menus for days 1-7 in Blu but then days 8-11 it shows as 'venue closed'. 

This far out from the cruise, are the menus shown in the app just guidelines or are they what will actually be served on nights 1-7 and then for some reason the other days just aren't showing up? If the menu for night 1 is accurate we would probably just rather eat in Blu and then choose another night for one of the specialty restaurants and forgo the 1st night discount. 

Thanks!

I would book it before it disappears. You can always cancel and get the money back. 

The discounted first night at any of Beyonds speciality restaurants has never been there  for our cruise next week and for the last month or so neither has the 3 to 5 night packages. 

IMO the prices are very high but seems a lot of people are prepared to pay full price for them that they don't need to offer deals

Edited by sgmn

On 6/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, Alakegirl said:

I would say that everything on the app is a work in progress, not reliable and subject to change

Hello,

I have a couple of hopes re the app:

1) The non appearance of my restaurant and excursions' bookings is not a true representation of reality;

2) The currency indicator before my OBC figures of a '$' should be '£' - either that or the figurers should be increased by approx 25%.

To misquote Dr Leonard McCoy freely, "It might be progress Jim, but not as we know it".

Regards,

Cublet