This is probably beyond the realm of this board, but any help would be appreciated.

SiliconCruiser

2 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Can anyone help with trying to reach someone at Princess who can speak English and not be verbally abusive?  I'm thinking that the Carnival brands are going down the tubes financially.

Call first thing in the morning on a weekday,  & keep trying until you get someone who sounds like they can help you.

good luck

had to smile, Princess sent me an Alaska magazine addressed to someone named John-& the PVP who assigned herself to me keeps calling & leaving messages for someone by another name. I nave never spoke with her.

5 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Can anyone help with trying to reach someone at Princess who can speak English and not be verbally abusive?  I'm thinking that the Carnival brands are going down the tubes financially.

my suggestion is transfer your cruise booking to a travel agent and let the travel agent deal with Princess.  Makes your life a little less stressful

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

my suggestion is transfer your cruise booking to a travel agent and let the travel agent deal with Princess.  Makes your life a little less stressful

I would change only one word in your post, little to a lot. Makes your life a LOT less stressful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dog said:

had to smile, Princess sent me an Alaska magazine addressed to someone named John-& the PVP who assigned herself to me keeps calling & leaving messages for someone by another name. I nave never spoke with her.

Always a personal choice. Me? I'm not humored by misdirected calls or mail. Waste of everyone's time and money. Consider the possibility it might also mean that someone else is getting your calls and mail.

The CVP main line is 800-901-1172. They can look up your phone number, then message the CVP stop calling. Mailings? Check and set preferences on your profile on the Princess website.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Always a personal choice. Me? I'm not humored by misdirected calls or mail. Waste of everyone's time and money. Consider the possibility it might also mean that someone else is getting your calls and mail.

The CVP main line is 800-901-1172. They can look up your phone number, then message the CVP stop calling. Mailings? Check and set preferences on your profile on the Princess website.

It just shows the quality of employees we are now dealing with at Princess.

I am not expecting any calls. Notifications / changes come in emails. 

57 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I have a wonderful cruise consultant at Princess. I wish I could give you her name but I think it’s against CC rules.

Yes, you are correct that it is against the rules.

I have always found the service representatives to be reasonably fluent in English, and I have never found them to be abusive.  Perhaps Silicon Cruiser was abusive and has reversed things n his/her version. After all, given the wait times, and the number of disconnects after an hour plus wait on hold, our tempers might flare.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had a lot of dealings with Princess recently.  I have had one agent who was rude, but not abusive (she told me to get over myself; that Medallion Class App is here to stay).  All agents I have spoken with had good communications skills.  I have found many other call centers to have foreigners that are difficult to understand.  I often have to have them repeat themselves, spell out something, or just call back and get someone else.  

I am sorry this happened to you.  I hope your next experience (other than long hold times) is improved.

I cannot understand the PVP agent who assigned herself to me. She calls & leaves messages when I put a cruise on hold, never replies to my emails. I have never booked through her. Calls are from California.  Maybe that is who OP spoke to.

Anyine I have dealt with at Princess has been very polite to me.

Did the OP possibly go through a third party booking agency..,sometimes you think you are on the official  site when you look up the phone number, but instead are booking through someone other than Princess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

I cannot understand the PVP agent who assigned herself to me. She calls & leaves messages when I put a cruise on hold, never replies to my emails. I have never booked through her. Calls are from California.  Maybe that is who OP spoke to.

Anyine I have dealt with at Princess has been very polite to me.

I get that this is bugging you, and I understand frustration with Princess. But the one thing I do like about Princess is our CVP. You can change that with one phone call. I can't give you a name, but you might consider looking at the FB CVP page, groups tab. The more well liked they are, the higher number of members. Ours, near the highest. My hearing is not good anymore, but I understand him perfectly.

Edited by mtnesterz

1 minute ago, mtnesterz said:

I getting that this is bugging you, and I understand frustration with Princess. But the one thing I do like about Princess is our CVP. You can change that with one phone call.

I can't give you a name, but you might consider looking at the FB CVP page, groups tab. The ours has almost the highest number of members. My hearing is not good anymore, but I understand him perfectly.

Thanks, but I will be going to a local Travel agency to book when my FCC are used up.  I don’t care for being on hold -& transferred so often by Princess.

5 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks, but I will be going to a local Travel agency to book when my FCC are used up.  I don’t care for being on hold -& transferred so often by Princess.

Ok, good luck. But my CVP's phone is a direct extension, usually picks up on second or third ring. Email usually answered within the hour. 

Edited by mtnesterz
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

We sail on June 19th. Received a surprise email and phone call from our PVP today to see if we had any last minute concerns or questions. We only spoke with her once before our previous (first)Princess cruise when we had difficulty getting answers/credits for cancelled excursions. She sent a list of contact numbers for her and Princess(not 1800) if we have any issues on this cruise. It was a pleasant surprise after all the negative things we have heard lately.

I spoke to one rep in January who insinuated that what a previous rep had told me was wrong and that the rate I was seeing on the website was just a glitch. She told me to make the booking online (but she did not have time to wait for me to do so while she was on the line). All of the reps I spoke with that day (nine different ones) were native English speakers. 

15 hours ago, dog said:

Why wait until your FCCs are used up?  I've had my TA apply the FCCs.  I do feel bad that all the problems I hand over to my TA requires her to be on hold for hours.  But she understands me.

• Like 2