Virgin cruises Adult only cruise commercial

OMG!!   What a hilarious and creative advertising program they came out with!!   😂

Sounds awfully tempting after the "free range children" episode we had on Harmony a couple of weeks ago.  Ughh.... little "darlings" were out of control all week, and even had to have cabin attendant disconnect our cabin door bell since they were running the hallways all night long, and kept ringing our door bell for a joke, waking me up all hours of the night.  😡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG!!   What a hilarious and creative advertising program they came out with!!   😂

Sounds awfully tempting after the "free range children" episode we had on Harmony a couple of weeks ago.  Ughh.... little "darlings" were out of control all week, and even had to have cabin attendant disconnect our cabin door bell since they were running the hallways all night long, and kept ringing our door bell for a joke, waking me up all hours of the night.  😡

Pat, read the thread titled, "It's Summer time, and the kids are back..."🤬

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

I loved my experience on Virgin Voyages and would definitely recommend them, especially if you like a more unstructured cruise experience. Another great part of no kids is that everyone is out of parent mode and just focusing on relaxing. It was a very pleasant, friendly crowd.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

I guess no one was monitoring kids on this cruise as I am pretty sure there is a 1am curfew. 

• Like 1

What Virgin needs to do is to market a bit better for those of us not looking for "Love Island" type experience which is the image that has been meme about in the past.  The past commercials make it seen like one big "Caligulan" affair.  And not only no kids but no Grans welcomed either.  I know that's not true but that's the perception.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 3

A few years ago, memories of begging guest services to do something, 3am in my handy C&A robe, and being told there's not much they can do if the parents won't keep them in their cabins. Me, in desperation, reminding them they have a jail onboard. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

A few years ago, memories of begging guest services to do something, 3am in my handy C&A robe, and being told there's not much they can do if the parents won't keep them in their cabins. Me, in desperation, reminding them they have a jail onboard. 

Curfew should mean no tolerance. Go and find the parents and tell them they will all be kicked off the cruise if they don't abide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I guess no one was monitoring kids on this cruise as I am pretty sure there is a 1am curfew. 

There is, but security can't be everywhere.  And, the parents are choosing to not be parents and enforce the rules which means they aren't following them so warn them once and then leave them at the next port.  Everyone onboard shouldn't have to deal with other's misbehaving children.

Edited by BND
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BND said:

There is, but security can't be everywhere.  And, the parents are choosing to not be parents and enforce the rules which means they aren't following them so warn them once and then leave them at the next port.  Everyone onboard shouldn't have to deal with other's misbehaving children.

Agreed 

13 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

They can do something and should do something.  Ask for the Hotel Director to meet with you as soon as possible.  You should notice a change of attitude.

Bill 

15 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

What Virgin needs to do is to market a bit better for those of us not looking for "Love Island" type experience which is the image that has been meme about in the past.  The past commercials make it seen like one big "Caligulan" affair.  And not only no kids but no Grans welcomed either.  I know that's not true but that's the perception.

Virgin's target demographic isn't the same as Holland America's. Obviously elderly aren't unwelcome but they're not marketing to "Grans" with free HIIT classes and drag brunches

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, baelor said:

😬 Are the children really that ubiquitous/ill-behaved?  Maybe it will be the Solarium for us, then...

The majority of kids that we have encountered have been fine, but it only takes a few to form a group that ruin it for everyone.