Virgin cruises Adult only cruise commercial

1 minute ago, hotsauce126 said:

Virgin's target demographic isn't the same as Holland America's. Obviously elderly aren't unwelcome but they're not marketing to "Grans" with free HIIT classes and drag brunches

Average age of a VV cruiser is 48.

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

The majority of kids that we have encountered have been fine, but it only takes a few to form a group that ruin it for everyone.

Hopefully no kids get *accidentally* punted overboard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Virgin's target demographic isn't the same as Holland America's. Obviously elderly aren't unwelcome but they're not marketing to "Grans" with free HIIT classes and drag brunches

My wife saw a Virgin ad a few months back and was excited about the no-kids environment, then I explained it's not really designed for us old people to enjoy kid-free cruising, but for people with kids to enjoy some adult time.  

20 minutes ago, baelor said:

😬 Are the children really that ubiquitous/ill-behaved?  Maybe it will be the Solarium for us, then...

In our experiences no. But some will actively look for something to complain about and only then will they truly be happy......ok, they'll never be happy but you get the gist. 

My nephew and his wife (37-38 years old) just went on a Virgin Voyage cruise and can't stop raving about it. They don't have kids so they weren't exactly escaping anything lol but they said it was amazing. Now my husband wants us to try it lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG!!   What a hilarious and creative advertising program they came out with!!   😂

Sounds awfully tempting after the "free range children" episode we had on Harmony a couple of weeks ago.  Ughh.... little "darlings" were out of control all week, and even had to have cabin attendant disconnect our cabin door bell since they were running the hallways all night long, and kept ringing our door bell for a joke, waking me up all hours of the night.  😡

I prefer the term "feral children" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wish folks who don't want children onboard a family cruise line will consider taking a different CruiseLine/ or vacation and stop complaining about kids .  If you don't want kids onboard, don't take a line that caters to families. And, don't sail over summer or a major US holiday and complain even louder.  We've taken numerous cruises (many in the summer or over holidays) and can honestly say we've never been bothered by kids on board.   Have  we seen kids run in the hallway or get in the elevator before we've had a chance to get off, of course,  but who cares?   We recently sailed Easter week on Harmany with 1500 kids.  NO ISSUES.

Lighten up

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I wish folks who don't want children onboard a family cruise line will consider taking a different CruiseLine/ or vacation and stop complaining about kids .  If you don't want kids onboard, don't take a line that caters to families. And, don't sail over summer or a major US holiday and complain even louder.  We've taken numerous cruises (many in the summer or over holidays) and can honestly say we've never been bothered by kids on board.   Have  we seen kids run in the hallway or get in the elevator before we've had a chance to get off, of course,  but who cares?   We recently sailed Easter week on Harmany with 1500 kids.  NO ISSUES.

Lighten up

We rarely have a issue since we normally avoid summer and holidays but almost all the affordable cruises allow children. I like celebrity since very few children and even less in suites.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Lighten up

I don't mind kids at all, as long as they are well-behaved.  Running around and bumping into people, pushing all the elevator buttons, screaming in a restaurant and not being removed by the parents, etc. is unacceptable.  Luckily, I have not seen much of that on cruises.  We usually cruise in the fall (Sept/Oct) well after school has started and that may help.  I think RCCL and DCL both do a good job to keep the kids busy and out of the way of adults. 

• Like 5

They should’ve led with this! Instead. when they started their print ads and TV commercial suggested that anyone over 40 should not bother with their cruises - don’t have to tell me twice. Guess that gives VV 19-39 to get some cash out of them 😉

Edited by AlohaLivin

27 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I don't mind kids at all, as long as they are well-behaved.  Running around and bumping into people, pushing all the elevator buttons, screaming in a restaurant and not being removed by the parents, etc. is unacceptable.  Luckily, I have not seen much of that on cruises.  We usually cruise in the fall (Sept/Oct) well after school has started and that may help.  I think RCCL and DCL both do a good job to keep the kids busy and out of the way of adults. 

Same as us, and that goes for our cruises before and after the kids came. 

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Lighten up

You are missing the point.  Parents aren't all parenting their children.  That's the problem.

I highly doubt there were NO issues.  We were on EN over Easter with 490 children.  One family got put off at a port due to their children's behavior and their lack of dealing with it.   At least one was caught trying to use an adult's seapass to buy drinks.  Others were caught climbing the fence to the water park on Coco Cay.    One bought a group of friends into the DL and ate all the appetizers.  It clearly states no children under 21 without an adult in the lounges.  And a few were caught making out in the lounges.  Those are just the ones I heard about.  We witnessed a lot of other behavior that just didn't need to happen.  This is entirely about lack of parenting.  It's not the cruise line's job to parent someone's children.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, baelor said:

😬 Are the children really that ubiquitous/ill-behaved?  Maybe it will be the Solarium for us, then...

While there will be some kids that misbehave, I can assure the adults are 10x worse 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I don’t know but this gran LOVES a good drag brunch!!  And Hamburger Mary’s Tuesday night Drag Queen bingo.  Those are some serious fun bitches.  Rest In Peace Miss Sammy, the Queen of them all 😇

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Question, where was the Concierge?

Jennifer, the concierge tested positive and was quarantined.  The CL concierge was trying to manage both lounges.  

27 minutes ago, allie3490 said:

While there will be some kids that misbehave, I can assure the adults are 10x worse 😏

The "kids" who got in trouble were old enough to know better (teens) but their parents gave up their responsibility.  As Bobby (CD) said on EN,(and he's seen a lot as CD), the problem is the parents who come onboard and don't parent their kids.  They want to be kids and party themselves, so they set their kids free and expect the cruise line to babysit them as they wander the ship.  I just get tired that every time someone posts on here about kids behavior, someone has to come on and say those that expect parents to parent "hate" kids. And, then proceed to say "adults are worse". Nope, not that at all.   

But, I can assure you the worst I've ever seen out of adults is some rudeness and occasional drunkeness.  The kids that roamed on EN were absolutely obnoxious.  Of course, they thought they were funny.  Some were running everywhere and almost knocked down quite a few people.  I've never seen any adults running all over the ship.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

The majority of kids that we have encountered have been fine, but it only takes a few to form a group that ruin it for everyone.

That's everywhere.  It only takes a few to roam and cause problems.  And, as is typical, it's the parents of those kids that aren't doing their job.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Average age of a VV cruiser is 48.

You do realize that is also about the average age of cruisers on Royal, right?  What you need to look at is the median, not the average.  The average on Royal is skewed by older cruisers and children, while the average on Virgin is skewed by no kids and fewer older cruisers.  So, an average of 48 doesn't mean anything.

Having watched a few youtube videos of Virgin cruises the demographic they seem to be targeting are the parents of the kids in the video ad. Though there are no doubt cruisers in the 60+ age group that this line may appeal to, I just see this line going for the 40 and under crowd.

• Like 1