How Does a Back to Back Work?

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

We will also be moving cabins, so I'm interested in hearing how this works out.  

The usual, and is what happened to us this last time when we had to change cabins, is pack everything in your suitcases...but leave the clothes in the closet on the hangers.  They will come in with one of those hotel carts and move everything for you.  

I normally won't book a B2B unless I can keep the same cabin, but sometimes I have to if adding another week too late to match up.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I normally won't book a B2B unless I can keep the same cabin, but sometimes I have to if adding another week too late to match up.  

I got a call from Royal a few weeks ago asking me if my client would agree to be moved as they wanted her room for someone looking to do a B4B and keep the same cabin for all 4 legs. At first they tries to tell me that going from a 2D to a 1D was an upgrade but we ended up moving to another 2D just 2 doors away and getting $100 in OBC for moving.  First I have ever heard of them asking someone to move to accommodate a consecutive cruiser

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

We've moved once.  You need to pack anything in drawers or loose.  Leave the hanging stuff.  Empty your safe, which I take with me. Cabin attendant will move everything.   I think I met the new cabin attendant to let them know we were coming.  They took care of anything.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

I’ll try to update tomorrow or the next day but it should go as others have posted as far as packing, hanging clothes, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I got a call from Royal a few weeks ago asking me if my client would agree to be moved as they wanted her room for someone looking to do a B4B and keep the same cabin for all 4 legs. At first they tries to tell me that going from a 2D to a 1D was an upgrade but we ended up moving to another 2D just 2 doors away and getting $100 in OBC for moving.  First I have ever heard of them asking someone to move to accommodate a consecutive cruiser

Interesting, because we're in a B3B with three different cabins and my TA is working on it. The final one is a GTY, so there might be hope.  If not, we'll enjoy the different areas of the ship.  Also, I don't think I'll be booking GTY again.  🙂

Despite everyone’s claims about how easy it is to change cabins and leave hanging items I would caution that I lost 3 items of clothing, including some formal wear, during the ONLY B2B where I changed cabins. 

If I ever had to do it again I would bring a lightweight suit carrier to enclose hanging items or pack in suitcase. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

Despite everyone’s claims about how easy it is to change cabins and leave hanging items I would caution that I lost 3 items of clothing, including some formal wear, during the ONLY B2B where I changed cabins. 

If I ever had to do it again I would bring a lightweight suit carrier to enclose hanging items or pack in suitcase. 

Sorry to hear that but I wouldn’t let one bad experience influence you. Airlines lose luggage, accidents happen, etc, but the large majority of experiences will be positive.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry to hear that but I wouldn’t let one bad experience influence you. Airlines lose luggage, accidents happen, etc, but the large majority of experiences will be positive.

That’s as maybe, I am only posting my experience. IF I can avoid the problem by staying in the same cabin, that is my preference. YMMV.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It happened to me a couple of times actually.   One of the requests was from RCI, who had unknowingly booked the same cabin.  I booked direct online, the other was from a TA who apparently did not submit final payment in time.  I obviously had first "dibs".  

Manager called me from RCI and asked me to move and accept a large OBC...which I did not need.  So then they asked me if I would move from JS to GS....and accepted.   

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I’ll try to update tomorrow or the next day but it should go as others have posted as far as packing, hanging clothes, etc.

The only two times I have had to move...I was able to help our cabin attendant move to the next cabin.  It was actually quite hilarious, with lots of fun and laughing between us.  

We simply put the suitcases in the closet (walk ins) and hung the hanger clothes inside.  Luckily both were just before "gathering" at the B2B meeting.  🙂 

9 hours ago, flamingos said:

I have to move also. My cabin wasn’t available on the first leg, but I got one 3 doors away. I’m hoping we can stay on the ship…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I have to move also. My cabin wasn’t available on the first leg, but I got one 3 doors away. I’m hoping we can stay on the ship…

That will depend on immigration at the port you are at.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

So far so good. Reported to Star Lounge at 8:45am as instructed. Sat here for a while. Eventually a crew member came by, asked for our old/new cabin numbers,  saw we had already checked in on the app, and gave us our new sea pass cards.

Apparently there are 400 or so people still showing as onboard as of 9:20ish. He said as soon the number is closer to zero, we’ll go into the terminal to see customs, then come back to the lounge for about 15 mins while they finish sanitizing the ship before having 90 mins or so alone.

There are 24 B2Bers today and we were offered lunch in the MDR at 11:30. Not sure if we’ll go or not. May check it out if picky wife wants to but I’m a big fan of the day 1 paella in WJ (or day 4 in this case).

Took about 10-15 mins to pop into the terminal, use the customs facial recognition, & get right back on the ship.

For those who have posted “I hope I can just stay on the ship”, it wasn’t a big deal whatsoever, but I know it may vary by port.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

So far so good. Reported to Star Lounge at 8:45am as instructed. Sat here for a while. Eventually a crew member came by, asked for our old/new cabin numbers,  saw we had already checked in on the app, and gave us our new sea pass cards.

Apparently there are 400 or so people still showing as onboard as of 9:20ish. He said as soon the number is closer to zero, we’ll go into the terminal to see customs, then come back to the lounge for about 15 mins while they finish sanitizing the ship before having 90 mins or so alone.

There are 24 B2Bers today and we were offered lunch in the MDR at 11:30. Not sure if we’ll go or not. May check it out if picky wife wants to but I’m a big fan of the day 1 paella in WJ (or day 4 in this case).

24?  Wow that's low numbers.   But then again...it's the time of the year I guess.  

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sounds like a pain in the you know what to me 

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Luggage & hanging clothes were waiting for us in our new cabin as expected.

All in all, zero complaints about our first TAD.

Back to cruising…

Glad it all went OK for you - for the most part it does!

Did you get to try consecutive cruisers lunch?

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Glad it all went OK for you - for the most part it does!

Did you get to try consecutive cruisers lunch?

They did have one in the MDR but my wife is very picky so we asked to see the menu before going in and not surprisingly she wouldn’t eat any of the 3 entrees, so we just went to the WJ… which is fine b/c I enjoy the paella they always have for day one lunch & we found a few good dessert they didn’t have on our 1st day one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Luggage & hanging clothes were waiting for us in our new cabin as expected.

All in all, zero complaints about our first TAD.

Back to cruising…

It was much...much worse just after start up.   Happy to hear it is going more smoothly now.  But our B2B last November had over 300 pax.  Was a real cluster.  😮 

On 6/13/2022 at 7:50 PM, firefly333 said:

OP says they are on rcl and rcl right now does not require another covid test between b2b for those vaccinated.  

Do you know anything about ArriveCan?

Do I need to fill out about the Antigen test? Do they require it 2-3 days before arrival?

29 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Do you know anything about ArriveCan?

Do I need to fill out about the Antigen test? Do they require it 2-3 days before arrival?

I don’t know when your trip is but as a result  of today’s announcement  future requirements may be subject to change -  best to keep up to date with the announcements on your particular cruise-line site - not what is in effect now, or in the past.

Also monitor the requirements and timeframe for the individual countries that you are visiting

13 hours ago, island lady said:

It was much...much worse just after start up.   Happy to hear it is going more smoothly now.  But our B2B last November had over 300 pax.  Was a real cluster.  😮 

Yeah, 300 vs. 24 might have made a slight difference. 🙈

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

If anyone on the Adventure from Cape Liberty is doing a B2B, can you tell me if you need to leave the ship.

Past experience will not predict future events.

I was on a B3B in May/June.

First turnaround day:  stayed on ship.  Second turnaround day:  had to get off and go out into the terminal.