Self serve laundry?

Raisinette

Hello,

I'm a happy customer of another cruise line, but considering trying a Celebrity cruise. I have a general question - do any of the Celebrity ships have laundry facilities where you can do your own laundry? 

Thanks!

Becky

If your other cruise line is Royal Caribbean and you have loyalty points you could be entitled to gratis or reduced price send out laundry. 

Some suite classes do get free laundry.

The overall Celebrity experience is worth investigating further.

4 hours ago, Raisinette said:

Hello,

I'm a happy customer of another cruise line, but considering trying a Celebrity cruise. I have a general question - do any of the Celebrity ships have laundry facilities where you can do your own laundry? 

Thanks!

Becky

Celebrity does have laundry services where you can send out items to be washed, folded and/or  pressed.  There is also dry cleaning available. All these  usually come with a cost.  Some of our "thrifty" cruisers do their own laundry items  and hang them in the shower. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Raisinette said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Becky

Sadly, they do not.  We cruise quite a bit on a Princess so have the free laundry benefit and still haven’t used it in years.  You can oftentimes find me in their laundromat ironing clothes.  I find it very nice to have one on every passenger deck for passengers to use. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

Obviously a lot of people have a hard time with either the search function here, or google!

And others have a hard time being kind.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Last thing I want to do on vacation is laundry.  Next would be clean my cabin and cook my dinner.

j - I would not mind cleaning my cabin if that could be exchanged for someone cleaning my house!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Wish Cruise Critic could add NO SELF-SERVICE LAUNDRY to a prominent position on this forum!

... or we can check X's website for this, too.

bon voyage

Some people are just too lazy to do a search.  I did a couple of searches and presto, the topic and answers  appeared. You can also, like Bo said, just check on the Celebrity site.  

What we can do  is to list which ports have self-service laundry.  I travel to San Juan just to do my laundry in the coin operated machines.  😃   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, keesar said:

Some people are just too lazy to do a search.     

If everyone searched for the answers to their questions this board would be dead and I would stop looking at it. 
I don’t mind repeat questions because the drama of people complaining about repeat questions makes this board amusing. 

I have one question myself. Are tips included when you get a premium drink with a classic package?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

If everyone searched for the answers to their questions this board would be dead and I would stop looking at it. 
I don’t mind repeat questions because the drama of people complaining about repeat questions makes this board amusing. 

I have one question myself. Are tips included when you get a premium drink with a classic package?

No. You pay the difference of the drink plus 20% gratuity.  🍺

And to stay on topic, we have never and would never do self laundry and we have sailed Princess many time.

Edited by davekathy

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This thread should have ended at post #2.

To continue our digression, many of us often have wished upon a star that an OP have the option to close a thread.  

Thanks for all the info!

I normally cruise on Princess and always do my own laundry to avoid the (to me) excess dryer heat likely shrinking some clothes.  I normally do 14 day+ cruises so will need laundry at some point. The cost is not an issue, just shrinkage concerns.

I'll have to give this some more thought...

Thanks again,

Becky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I kinda wish they all had self serve laundry myself.  Don't mind doing laundry and washing and hanging things in the shower is a pia.  On a Regent cruise one time they had self serve laundry facilities onboard and it was great as we had just left the dusty pyramids of Giza.