ArriveCAN app required for Canada

Arizona Wildcat

Several recent posts got to websites wanting $65 to file the app.  Those websites are a scam. 

The easiest way to avoid bring ripped off is to go to the Goggle or Apple store and download the app.  It is free!!!!  No cost.  Gratis.

Suggest using a phone as taking a picture of yourself, covid card and passport are automatically formatted by cell phones.

If you do not complete the app you are not allowed to board, thus boarding gets slowed.  Proof either by printed copy or showing your phone.   It only takes a few minutes if you have your passport and covid cards handy.

• Like 4

There was an update to ArriveCAN last week so make sure you update the app.  It added a lot of marine terminals.  

Seeing lots of posts asking about completing the app.

#1 Canada stated they will reexamine the need for ArriveCAN in the late fall.  It is not going away.

#2 If your cruise has a port call in Canada you must complete the app or will be denied boarding.

#3 As said you fill in passenger details once and can do this at any time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, REEtired said:

We sail August 6. How soon should we submit the information prior to boarding. Thx. 

I went to see if I still have the app on my phone. The app said "Date of embarkation must be between 2022-07-13 and 2022-07-17". Looks like your to early.

First - there was an update to ArriveCAN last week or so.  Be sure to update.

You can fill in everything except your travel dates immediately.   Go to "travellers" at the bottom and do your personal info, a selfie, covid card picture and passport details -NOW.  Completing on a smartphone is easier because your phone will automatically format the pictures.  If you have more than 2 covid cards, don't bother with boosters.

That data is saved.  That way you do not need to worry about ArriveCAN 

You cannot add trip/port details until 3 days before you embarkation on your cruise.  You submit at the same time.

• Like 1

I am confused as if I need to do the ArriveCan twice.  We will be flying to Vancouver next Thursday.  I know I have to fill it out 72 hours before the flight.  Our Alaska cruise is roundtrip out of Vancouver and leaves the following Sunday.  Do I need to fill ArriveCan out again for the cruise?

There are 4 of us going……my husband, adult son, adult niece and myself. We paid for the cruise so I have everything on my app. We are already checked in. My son and niece wouldn’t even have any idea how to find out any information regarding the cruise. They will just show up 😂……with this in mind, can I put all of our information in ArriveCan or do my son and niece have to have their own on their phone?

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

There are 4 of us going……my husband, adult son, adult niece and myself. We paid for the cruise so I have everything on my app. We are already checked in. My son and niece wouldn’t even have any idea how to find out any information regarding the cruise. They will just show up 😂……with this in mind, can I put all of our information in ArriveCan or do my son and niece have to have their own on their phone?

Your son and niece will  probably need their own.  Why would they not know the information about the cruise?  It only asks when does your cruise depart and where.  Also where it ports in Canada - St Johns NFLD.

If they simply show up without ArriveCAN completed and a negative covid test they will not be allowed to board.

1 hour ago, asrubin said:

I am confused as if I need to do the ArriveCan twice.  We will be flying to Vancouver next Thursday.  I know I have to fill it out 72 hours before the flight.  Our Alaska cruise is roundtrip out of Vancouver and leaves the following Sunday.  Do I need to fill ArriveCan out again for the cruise?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Your son and niece will  probably need their own.  Why would they not know the information about the cruise?  It only asks when does your cruise depart and where.  Also where it ports in Canada - St Johns NFLD.

If they simply show up without ArriveCAN completed and a negative covid test they will not be allowed to board.

We paid for the cruise so everything is on my app. They have no access to it. They know where we are going and picked out their excursions. I booked everything else 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

We paid for the cruise so everything is on my app. They have no access to it. They know where we are going and picked out their excursions. I booked everything else 

ArriveCAN has NOTHING to do with Celebrity or the Celebrity app. It is required by the Government of Canada.   The app is a free download best completed on a smartphone.   Your adult son and niece do not have covid cards or passports?  Can they take a selfie?

If all of you do not complete ArriveCAN you will not be allowed to board

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

You will all need an ArriveCan receipt to enter Canada.  If you are all traveling to Canada together, you can have everyone on your receipt (each name will be listed with a bar code).  If not, those traveling separately need to be able to access the information.

If flying, the information will be checked before boarding the flight in the US.  If crossing by land, it will be checked at the border.

If embarking in the US, it will be checked at the embarkation port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

You will all need an ArriveCan receipt to enter Canada.  If you are all traveling to Canada together, you can have everyone on your receipt (each name will be listed with a bar code).  If not, those traveling separately need to be able to access the information.

If flying, the information will be checked before boarding the flight in the US.  If crossing by land, it will be checked at the border.

If embarking in the US, it will be checked at the embarkation port.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. We are all sailing from Seward to Vancouver. I can fill out the information for everyone then? Yes, they could do it themselves, but since I have to do it anyway and have their information it would be easier for me to do it.

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

ArriveCAN has NOTHING to do with Celebrity or the Celebrity app. It is required by the Government of Canada.   The app is a free download best completed on a smartphone.   Your adult son and niece do not have covid cards or passports?  Can they take a selfie?

If all of you do not complete ArriveCAN you will not be allowed to board

Yes they do. I just thought it would be easier for me to do everyone’s since I have all of the information. My son currently lives out of the country and arrives home right before we sail. It would just make it easier 

• Like 1

Does Celebrity assume that each passenger will research & determine each port's entry requirements and be ready to present documentation at embarkation?  I had no idea about the ArriveCAN app & Canada's requirements until I found this CC thread.  I've looked through my sailing's Booking Confirmation and did not find this mentioned anywhere (although I might have missed something in the fine print).  I realize that each passenger is responsible, but wouldn't it be useful for Celebrity to provide a head's up?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

Does Celebrity assume that each passenger will research & determine each port's entry requirements and be ready to present documentation at embarkation?  I had no idea about the ArriveCAN app & Canada's requirements until I found this CC thread.  I've looked through my sailing's Booking Confirmation and did not find this mentioned anywhere (although I might have missed something in the fine print).  I realize that each passenger is responsible, but wouldn't it be useful for Celebrity to provide a head's up?

I agree and we aren't alone. We have a cruise booked directly with Celebrity for 21 September.  I never heard anything about the ArriveCAN requirement until reading about it on CC a couple months ago. I guess I'll log into my reservation and see if the requirement is now published there. 

1 hour ago, colliercruiser said:

Does Celebrity assume that each passenger will research & determine each port's entry requirements and be ready to present documentation at embarkation?

I believe it has always been the responsibility of the passenger to determine what they need for each country visited. There is a lot of info in Celebrity FAQs  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/travel-documents

7 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

I believe it has always been the responsibility of the passenger to determine what they need for each country visited. There is a lot of info in Celebrity FAQs  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/travel-documents

The link you provided doesn't mention anything about the ArriveCAN requirement. Provide that link. I can't find any mention of the ArriveCAN in the FAQs section.  

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes they do. I just thought it would be easier for me to do everyone’s since I have all of the information. My son currently lives out of the country and arrives home right before we sail. It would just make it easier 

You need to have each person's passport info and detailed covid vaccine info including dates of each shot and brand of vaccine. The app asks you to scan passport and vaccination cards into Arrivecan but alternatively I believe you can enter info manually.

Sorry, that link was general info on travel documents. My point is that it is the ultimate responsibility of a passenger to ensure they have the documents they need.

ArriveCan info is buried in Travel Requirements for Alaska https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/alaska-travel-requirements

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

Just now, edgee said:

You need to have each person's passport info and detailed covid vaccine info including dates of each shot and brand of vaccine. The app asks you to scan passport and vaccination cards into Arrivecan but alternatively I believe you can enter info manually.

You have the option of scanning or inputting the passport info. With the covid vaccination card you have to take a picture of it and attach it.  

Just now, travlr21 said:

Sorry, that link was general info on travel documents. My point is that it is the ultimate responsibility of a passenger to ensure they have the documents they need.

ArriveCan info is buried in Travel Requirements for Alaska https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/alaska-travel-requirements

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

Not going top Alaska. Doing the NE/Canada cruise on the Summit in September.

No argument. It is our responsibility. I also feel Celebrity needs to add this to their other covid related travel requirements on their website. OK, off my soap box. Sometime CC is a great place for cruise related info. Glad to be a member.  I've got just about all our info in the ArriveCAN app for our September cruise.