Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Hi all, our Hawaii trip is from Auckland on Sat 16 Sept 2023, over to Sydney then Brisbane, off to Hawaii and return home on Sat 21 Oct. As you can see, if this trip goes ahead we lose our pleb status and become elite 🙃

Princess has a very complex way of linking cruises so that they can offer multiple embarkation/disembarkation ports. Typically it starts with the March/April Round Australia cruise and usually goes like this (I won't show the sectors within some of those cruises though).

1. Round Australia, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane.

2. Hawaii/Tahiti, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane plus an option to disembark in Auckland.

3. World Cruise, round trips from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane.

4. Hawaii/Tahiti, round trips from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane.

5. Round Australia, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane, plus a linking 4 day cruise Auckland to Sydney after the Auckland Hawaii/Tahiti passengers disembark.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess has a very complex way of linking cruises so that they can offer multiple embarkation/disembarkation ports. Typically it starts with the March/April Round Australia cruise and usually goes like this (I won't show the sectors within some of those cruises though).

1. Round Australia, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane.

2. Hawaii/Tahiti, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane plus an option to disembark in Auckland.

3. World Cruise, round trips from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane.

4. Hawaii/Tahiti, round trips from Auckland, Sydney and Brisbane.

5. Round Australia, round trips from Sydney and Brisbane, plus a linking 4 day cruise Auckland to Sydney after the Auckland Hawaii/Tahiti passengers disembark.

Gives plenty of options 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Hoping it goes ahead...... we achieved elite doing our four b2b out of brisbane so looking forward to travelling elite on our round aus in Oct this year 

Now we have more competition for the most traveled passenger lunch. 😍😂

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Hoping it goes ahead...... we achieved elite doing our four b2b out of brisbane so looking forward to travelling elite on our round aus in Oct this year 

Edited by ekka49
Copy

2 hours ago, ekka49 said:

Now we have more competition for the most traveled passenger lunch. 😍😂

To qualify for the most travelled is it:

the number of cruises;

the number of cruise nights; and

are they only with that particular cruiseline.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

To qualify for the most travelled is it:

the number of cruises;

the number of cruise nights; and

are they only with that particular cruiseline.

The Most Travelled passenger/s on Princess is determined by the number of nights cruised on Princess. I noticed on our June cruise, that the  cut-off point was much higher than usual. I suspect that there were several people who had cruised a lot but who wouldn't normally book a cruise to Nth Q'ld.

Going back several years, they used to count Sitmar and P&O Aust cruises as well, but that was changed a couple of years before the COVID pause. Now it is only Princess cruise 'nights' that are counted.

Edited by Aus Traveller

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Most Travelled passenger/s on Princess is determined by the number of nights cruised on Princess. I noticed on our June cruise, that the  cut-off point was much higher than usual. I suspect that there were several people who had cruised a lot but who wouldn't normally book a cruise to Nth Q'ld.

Going back several years, they used to count Sitmar and P&O Aust cruises as well, but that was changed a couple of years before the COVID pause. Now it is only Princess cruise 'nights' that are counted.

Don't even hope to be the MTP on a long cruise like a WC, unless your in the 1000's+ of nights.🤣

On those almost everyone is an Elite. All I've done the MTP's were 2+ thousands nights.🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

So not really most travelled but most nights on Princess ship, do nights aboard in covid quarantine count?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

So not really most travelled but most nights on Princess ship, do nights aboard in covid quarantine count?

I have no idea about that. I do know that if people leave the ship for a few days for a shore excursion, those nights don't count.

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Weather in Cairns today is very cloudy. I'm not sure you'd see much on the skyrail.

We stayed here in town and went to the aquarium instead.

Very cloudy, and a little rain while were lunching with friends beside the marina. Was the aquarium worth going to? We are thinking of going on Wednesday. It is just around the corner from where our apartment is.

On the Sky Princess this week the most cruised only had 1400 ish days and the 2nd had 1200 the 3rd was 700 ish

The lunch was for only 20 couples not the usual 40 and no staff were on the tables as the captain said he hoped that in the future it would go back to having a staff member on each table.

7 hours ago, windsor26 said:

On the Sky Princess this week the most cruised only had 1400 ish days and the 2nd had 1200 the 3rd was 700 ish

The lunch was for only 20 couples not the usual 40 and no staff were on the tables as the captain said he hoped that in the future it would go back to having a staff member on each table.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise on Sky Princess, Yvonne.  

8 hours ago, windsor26 said:

The lunches that I have been to (or heard about) all had 20 couples. On our Coral Princess cruise at the end of June, the officers came into the dining room to be introduced, but none of them (not even the captain) stayed for the meal.

We made MTP luncheon a couple of times, it was always good when you had a ship's officer or senior staffer on each table. Food, wine and service were always tops and a complimentary photo, lol.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We made MTP luncheon a couple of times, it was always good when you had a ship's officer or senior staffer on each table. Food, wine and service were always tops and a complimentary photo, lol.

I agree with you. One of the attractions of the MTP lunch is the interaction with the ship's officer who hosts the table. However, probably because of the COVID protocols of social distancing, currently the officers keep their distance and wear a mask. That would be difficult if they were taking part in a fancy lunch.

• Like 4