Retreat suite differences

Cruzin64647

Other then unlimited specialty dinning and a mini bar is there any other perks worth the upgrade price from a sky suite to a royal suite or edge villa etc..? (Other then the beautiful cabins)? Also talking about original booking not a move up!

1 hour ago, Cruzin64647 said:

Other then unlimited specialty dinning and a mini bar is there any other perks worth the upgrade price from a sky suite to a royal suite or edge villa etc..? (Other then the beautiful cabins)? Also talking about original booking not a move up!

You get perks if you book originally or if you do move up , I have done both, move up to penthouse and a couple of royal suites. 

32 minutes ago, zgscl said:

Do all of the upper suites have beds that split into 2 also? It is a bit difficult to tell from the pictures/website descriptions on some of the cabins. 

My daughter and I are in a Royal Suite in two weeks. Had shoreside concierge contact us last week.

one of our requests was to have the beds split. We have just had a response saying no. It is a true king size bed. They will make up the sofa bed. Would not have booked this suite had we known.

usually book a celebrity suite as we like the separate bedroom. Daughter goes to bed early.

Looks like I will be on the sofa as otherwise I cannot stay up in the lounge if she is trying to sleep.

we could share a bed but not really keen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pennys mum said:

My daughter and I are in a Royal Suite in two weeks. Had shoreside concierge contact us last week.

one of our requests was to have the beds split. We have just had a response saying no. It is a true king size bed. They will make up the sofa bed. Would not have booked this suite had we known.

usually book a celebrity suite as we like the separate bedroom. Daughter goes to bed early.

Looks like I will be on the sofa as otherwise I cannot stay up in the lounge if she is trying to sleep.

What ship are you on? We were in a Royal once, and the bedroom and living area were separate like a Celeb suite, plus it had a half bath off the living room so guests or someone on the sofa bed didn’t have to walk thru bedroom.

Maybe the layout is different on E clas??

16 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

What ship are you on? We were in a Royal once, and the bedroom and living area were separate like a Celeb suite, plus it had a half bath off the living room so guests or someone on the sofa bed didn’t have to walk thru bedroom.

We are on the Silhouette. I understand that the layoutte is similar to your description.

I just thought that the bed would split. We have never had this issue in any other cabin.

I just don't want to sleep on a sofa bed for two weeks.

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

On many of the ships, the Royal Suites and PH suites (and maybe other top suites), it is a true king bed vs two twins put together.  It usually says in the detailed room description.  Regular cabins (Veranda, Concierge, etc) have two beds together that can be split apart.

Worth is a very subject word.   

To me the upgrade is worth it.    The space is about 2x that of a SS,  Separate Bedroom with a door (very valuable if you have a snoring spouse), Free Laundry, Unlimited specialty dining, 2 Liter bottles of Premium Spirits, Upgraded Champagne,  little treats in a crystal box each evening,  special luggage drop off area and mini fridge with selection of mixers, waters and beer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pennys mum said:

We are on the Silhouette. I understand that the layoutte is similar to your description.

I just thought that the bed would split. We have never had this issue in any other cabin.

I just don't want to sleep on a sofa bed for two weeks.

I'm looking at a picture from rs 1116 in January on the silhouette and the bed clearly was able to be split. I also remember the incredibly uncomfortable hump in the middle of the bed. I would suggest asking your stateroom attendant when you board.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

In the sky suite are all items in the mini refrigerator include in the regular fare?

No full mini bar is not included in any suite.   RS and above they will stock with beer (I think wine) soft drinks water.

In sky suites lately if you have a drink package most times the butler will offer to stock with your choice of soda and water although it's not a stated amenity.  Anything else will be charged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pennys mum said:

I hope you have a fabulous cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it. 

I actually booked it as a solo due to some fantastic pricing that they have and finally convinced my mom to join me. We were going to just share the bed but with their current pricing it worked out to be cheaper to book a Sky Suite for her as a solo than it would have been to add her to my cabin. We thought about doing an inside just to have the bed, but then she wouldn't have The Retreat perks and we definitely want to enjoy Luminae together on our first X cruise. I think other than the laundry & having to pay for her specialty restaurants we have basically the same exact perks. 

I think the Royal Suite may come with special embarkation which we can hopefully do together, but if not we will certainly survive (or I can go with her through the suite line). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zgscl said:

I hope you have a fabulous cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it. 

I actually booked it as a solo due to some fantastic pricing that they have and finally convinced my mom to join me. We were going to just share the bed but with their current pricing it worked out to be cheaper to book a Sky Suite for her as a solo than it would have been to add her to my cabin. We thought about doing an inside just to have the bed, but then she wouldn't have The Retreat perks and we definitely want to enjoy Luminae together on our first X cruise. I think other than the laundry & having to pay for her specialty restaurants we have basically the same exact perks. 

I think the Royal Suite may come with special embarkation which we can hopefully do together, but if not we will certainly survive (or I can go with her through the suite line). 

15 hours ago, cruise47 said:

In the sky suite are all items in the mini refrigerator include in the regular fare?

If you have a good PRH, they may move the items in it out, and put in some items that you could gotten at a bar. e.g. beer, sodas, mixers, a glass with a shot of your favorite spirit.

• Like 2

Seems ridiculous that the minibar isn’t included.  Thought the whole idea of a suite is an upgraded experience with elevated service.  I personally don’t enjoy carrying drinks back to the cabin from the ship’s bars. 😔