Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

26 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

My reaction was to ask how yelling changed the settings on the toaster that could have been set to bagel!  I like your solution better! 

Thanks , only problem was that I lost my coveted place in line..lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Today was the first time I listened to their Blog.  I enjoy some blogs but found I had to listen to 3/4 of the clip advertising and desire to hit x numbers of followers.    Some here really enjoy them. 

I did see there room when doing laps inside. 

F00B6F66-9D1E-4C31-9BD7-FE015D6D372D.thumb.jpeg.ab6d3501df1653126d2478196fdcac7c.jpeg

wow I am surprised they have this on their door.

those guys do travel a lot and have interesting drama.  But you have great photos and I follow all three of you.

flying to Seattle tomorrow to catch the Quantum of the seas.   yea

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow I am surprised they have this on their door.

those guys do travel a lot and have interesting drama.  But you have great photos and I follow all three of you.

flying to Seattle tomorrow to catch the Quantum of the seas.   yea

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow as well, but to catch a vintage train.  Here's hoping for no airport drama!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Absolutely not just young people. I was on the Equinox sitting at a very busy bar that was three deep and an elderly lady sitting at a table 15 feet away yelled over everyone and screamed "I want it, when I want it, how I want it, and I want it NOW!!"

And I would have said..."you'll get it when you get it, but it won't be now and might be never!"  

I agree that those who feel the need to share their entitleness have increased in all age groups!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow as well, but to catch a vintage train.  Here's hoping for no airport drama!

Flying to FLL tomorrow to board Equinox so yes let's hope for a sane Sunday for air travel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

And I would have said..."you'll get it when you get it, but it won't be now!"

We have a phrase in our family;

You get what you get, and you don’t have a fit. 

Our kids grew up in hand me downs and in 81 square foot (less than 9 square meter) bedrooms. The youngest only ever had new pajamas for our annual pajama pictures, all other clothes were hand-me-downs from the oldest, which were usually hand-me-downs from friends. 

Said kids hit their 50th US state at 17, 13, and 10 years old in 2012. We chose to prioritize experiences over things. We still do. 

We do NOT claim that our choices are best, or even appropriate, for everyone. We do believe they were right for us. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I use the iPhone 13 Pro Max.   Haven’t yet decisive I will bogey the 14.  Will listen to the specs at the launch. 

Jim, somewhere in one of your "live' threads (maybe last year after the restart), you posted a link to a website that you recommended for how to make better pictures with an iphone.  I shared it with my sister but now I can't find it.  If you remember what it was called, I'd really appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Jim, somewhere in one of your "live' threads (maybe last year after the restart), you posted a link to a website that you recommended for how to make better pictures with an iphone.  I shared it with my sister but now I can't find it.  If you remember what it was called, I'd really appreciate it.

That’s what I recall but it was before the IPhone 13 Pro Max and the iPhone Pro 13.  Equally interested in Jim’s answer as his pix are great.

5 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Re: the JJCruise utube-

The duo asks "What would you do?" ala John Quinones. 

I would have stood up and began clapping while loudly saying that I applaud the waitstaff and understand they are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Hopefully the majority of diners in Blu would have stood with me!

OTOH- Senility, dementia, Alzheimer's often leads to a breakdown of conforming to social norms so I would try to be understanding of his inappropriate diatribe. 

I wonder how his dinner partner felt.

I certainly would have stood with you!

7 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Re: the JJCruise utube-

The duo asks "What would you do?" ala John Quinones. 

I would have stood up and began clapping while loudly saying that I applaud the waitstaff and understand they are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Hopefully the majority of diners in Blu would have stood with me!

OTOH- Senility, dementia, Alzheimer's often leads to a breakdown of conforming to social norms so I would try to be understanding of his inappropriate diatribe. 

I wonder how his dinner partner felt.

Well said. Health issues crossed my mind too. A number of other syndromes/medical conditions could be added to the list. Perhaps let Celebrity handle it, as they did and the rest of us mind our own 🤔

• Like 2

Jim, Was that eggplant Parmigiana from Luminae?  We were on the Reflection several years ago when Luminae first opened ( literally as they were bringing the chairs on as we were boarding). On night my husband ordered the eggplant parmigiana and it was “deconstructed) and very strange as were many things on the menu at that time.   We often ended up ordering from the main dining room menu.  Looking at your photos, looks like things have changed ( and look delicious!).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Definitely would say on this cruise there are 100 for each entitled.   Usually you hear them preface with.  - I’m an ELITE Member.  Like the whole crew should bow down. 

i personally have not witnessed a single case of disrespect.  Saw passengers bringing  back little gifts for staff.  Those are the ones I have respect for. 

I would like to do this. What types of gifts are especially welcomed? When the crew couldn’t get off the ship, I asked our steward and butler what we could bring back for them. 

Hi, Jim, you said that B2B testing will be happening again for you on this leg.  I know you mentioned that it's because of the number of cases currently on board, but could it also be that it's a Canadian thing?  We have to test to board on 8/31 since Canada is requiring it, so maybe, the B2B testing is essentially linked to that - it's technically a new cruise for you B2Bers, so Canada say, you must test again, just like the new passengers.  Would be interesting to hear from cruisers who are B2Bing on cruises that don't include Canada or Bermuda or other countries that are still requiring testing to board.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vickykay said:

Jim, Was that eggplant Parmigiana from Luminae?  We were on the Reflection several years ago when Luminae first opened ( literally as they were bringing the chairs on as we were boarding). On night my husband ordered the eggplant parmigiana and it was “deconstructed) and very strange as were many things on the menu at that time.   We often ended up ordering from the main dining room menu.  Looking at your photos, looks like things have changed ( and look delicious!).

That was indeed the Egg Plant Parmigiana -  it was delicious.   Many of the dishes have be re-constructed and plated different.    I've had the Eggplant 3 times now.   Iain had it for the first time and also really enjoyed it.

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The funny thing about the JJ video is that we have been in Blu every night at 5 pm until at least 6 pm on the last leg and 6:30 pm on this leg and never heard this person yelling at the top of his lungs at any server. I’m sure it happened if they say it did. We just didn’t hear it.

Does anyone know the exact date this incident actually occurred at 5:10 pm? I asked our Blu server about it, and he said there was a minor disturbance on the last leg, but not on this one. But at the same time Blu was never packed with 200 people at 5:10 pm on any day on the last leg. However, until about 4 days ago, it was pretty packed by 5:45, but not by 5:10 pm. Just curious.

I also asked a guest that dined in Blu and had not heard anything about it.    When she asked her waiter and said it was all over the internet he was surprised as nothing came to mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

If it happened at all, it was in MDR.  Their cabin is 7137 which is not AQ.

Good point.   It's a C3   ---- so inquiring minds want to know how they witnessed the event in Blu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, RichYak said:

My March Millennium cruise calls at Curacao. I can't wait to see and photograph all the street art there.

One of my favorite cities is Venice for Street Art.   Some of it is incredible.

• Like 2