Check your reserved cabins often before departure

Jeeves299

@wrk2cruise, I understand but since COVID has returned at a higher rate, I’d assume the ship needed to expand the available COVID SRs. And the term ‘beat up’ is very telling. 

Enough. Too bad the OP didnt take the time it took to come over here to CC and vent to make the call to the special number given them which obviously wouldn’t have a 2hr wait. Just a Vent and understood….but taken a bit too far. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm going to stand up for the OP here a little bit.'

1) This has been common practice to move people from cabins which are needed for quarantine on short notice without notifying passengers in any way.   It's been reported here many times.

Celebrity has been sailing for more than a year now requiring quarantine space.  Why is it always a last minute decision to move people from their booked cabins.  Shouldn't these blocks of cabins be blocked and resolved long before the sailing date?

2) Some here seem to think that the process would consider that OP is booked on a B2B and would have tried to get them the same cabin for both legs.  I am 99% sure that this process is done on a sailing by sailing basis and whoever is doing it wouldn't have a clue it is a B2B booking.

3) OP didn't state the OBC given but I'm sure it was a trivial amount $100-$200.   I've had situations where I've had a legitimate issue and they give OBC as a "one time goodwill gesture".  It can be very condescending and really be insulting.  "Shutup and go away!"

4) While they said the were going to beat up Guest Relations I'd hope that only meant they would present themselves at boarding, explain the situation see what could be done to resolve it.   Frankly that's probably the best place to get it resolved.

I wish them luck and hope they come back to report they felt they were accommodated to the best of the ships ability.  Given the capacity ships are sailing at now it might be difficult to get the same cabin for both sailings.

Good comments.  One additional thought:  Given that bookings become available two or three years in advance, and the uncertainty around actual passenger counts at embarkation due to Covid, it may have been difficult for Celebrity to have sufficient visibility to "pre-block" quarantine space.  I wonder if they have done that for late 2023 and 2024 cruises since they now should have a clearer understanding of the likely space requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

@wrk2cruise, I understand but since COVID has returned at a higher rate, I’d assume the ship needed to expand the available COVID SRs. And the term ‘beat up’ is very telling. 

Enough. Too bad the OP didnt take the time it took to come over here to CC and vent to make the call to the special number given them which obviously wouldn’t have a 2hr wait. Just a Vent and understood….but taken a bit too far. 

Den

Den, the OP said they had a travel agent for this cruise.  That is a reason everybody is confused.  They did not want to address the problem pre-cruise by being on hold for "two hours" with Celebrity.  But isn't that the role of your travel agent?  And of course the beating up comment has drawn negative reaction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One takeaway from the OP’s experience could be that one should check their reservation frequently.  Same as I check my credit card and bank apps daily…you could give a look at your bookings to see if all was as it should be.  We have no way to know when these cabin changes were made; the OP only noticed at the last minute when printing out documents.  If it had been caught earlier it might have been possible to arrange more acceptable changes.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Julma said:

Agree with all your points!   I'm sure mentioning Elite Plus status was just to show, they're not new to this. We too were moved on a B2B back in February and didn't find out until we got our new room key on turnover day.  It too was an "upgrade" to right under buffet.  After spending time at Guest Services changing room, we had to search for our stuff, that was moved by crew, because it went to the wrong room.  It went to the room we were supposed to have, not the room Celebrity changed it to or the room we ended up in.  Took us about 3 hours to get it settled.  

If everyone gives a pass on the standards that Celebrity keeps promising, even in these times, standards will continue to drop.  The folks who call them out on these issues are the ones who are going to keep Celebrity's standards high.  

Three hours to get your luggage, oh the horrors of that! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Julma said:

Agree with all your points!   I'm sure mentioning Elite Plus status was just to show, they're not new to this. We too were moved on a B2B back in February and didn't find out until we got our new room key on turnover day.  It too was an "upgrade" to right under buffet.  After spending time at Guest Services changing room, we had to search for our stuff, that was moved by crew, because it went to the wrong room.  It went to the room we were supposed to have, not the room Celebrity changed it to or the room we ended up in.  Took us about 3 hours to get it settled.  

If everyone gives a pass on the standards that Celebrity keeps promising, even in these times, standards will continue to drop.  The folks who call them out on these issues are the ones who are going to keep Celebrity's standards high.  

... or keep us returning to CC to read what is next!!!

LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Three hours to get your luggage, oh the horrors of that! 

No, no, no...not what I said.  Our stuff, not packed that was to be moved from our cabin (we were on a B2B) is what we went looking for.  We were moving from an SS to a Veranda cabin (cabin A). We had to get off ship to get back on.  When they handed us our room key, (cabin B), I said that's not the correct room.  Crew stated we had been moved.  First we had heard and we had been on the ship for a week.  When I checked room B, it was under the buffet.  Went to guest services to get cabin C, which we had to take what was left, but at least it wasn't under buffet.  We were assured our belongs would be moved to correct cabin.  When you do a b2b, they move your things, you don't have to pack.  At 2 PM, things were still not in cabin C, so we went to cabin B, found someone to open the door to check, nothing.  We called guest services and no one answered. When we asked our room steward he tracked down our things in cabin A and brought them down for us. It has nothing to do with luggage.  The point being, Celebrity made the change in rooms without ever letting us know and then didn't follow through by moving our things properly, not even to the room they changed us to.  

I'm impressed with all these CC posters who ALWAYS say exactly what they mean.  

????

🙄

I work in technology but I always consider it Customer Service.  I have good days and bad days like anyone else.  Can someone come to me with a complaint about something outside of my department?  Absolutely!  It happens all the time.  What's important is how I handle it.  Do I find someone who can address their problem?

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm going to stand up for the OP here a little bit.'

None of us disagree with that.  It's the response and word choice. 

I think you are overly generous with your interpretation of "beat up".  Just to make sure that I am not ignorant of the potential meaning of those two words, I did a quick look up in urban dictionary, and none of them seem to fit with your thoughts (the second meaning is interesting  although I will not say that to my wife).

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm impressed with all these CC posters who ALWAYS say exactly what they mean.  

????

🙄

I work in technology but I always consider it Customer Service.  I have good days and bad days like anyone else.  Can someone come to me with a complaint about something outside of my department?  Absolutely!  It happens all the time.  What's important is how I handle it.  Do I find someone who can address their problem?

I'm assuming you're an excellent employee, helpful, patient and a font of information 😉

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I think you are overly generous with your interpretation of "beat up". 

I was not interpreting/defining the word.  What I said was "I'd hope that only meant ..."  meaning their frustration came out using the wrong choice of words.    Something I've certainly done.

Celebrity can send me multiple emails per day about their last chance sale ending tonight so they should certainly be able to send out a notification when they substantially change your paid in full reservation.   Let's move the blame where it belongs to Celebrity not the frustrated OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was not interpreting/defining the word.  What I said was "I'd hope that only meant ..."  meaning their frustration came out using the wrong choice of words.    Something I've certainly done.

Celebrity can send me multiple emails per day about their last chance sale ending tonight so they should certainly be able to send out a notification when they substantially change your paid in full reservation.   Let's move the blame where it belongs to Celebrity not the frustrated OP.

I was keying off the word "meant" in your post.  You are hoping what he does.

Again, no one is saying that Celebrity is not at fault here....

Edited by mahdnc

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Are we still having fun here or are you offended?  I'll email 'Zitsky@?' and apologize.

My email address is zitsky@cynical_and_sarcastic.com

But you can apologize here.

What are you apologizing for again?  I don’t have a lot of time.

🥸

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Especially when it is entirely possible that the TA received the info and forgot to forward it???

Then again, possibly not.

bon voyage

• Like 2