WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, they really weren't reserved, they were all booked during the 3 or 4 month presale.

Those that cancelled were sold to folks on waiting lists. Eventually the waitlist was closed down.

Now some of the prime balconies were only available to full trip folks. That's why Laura had to give up her aft balcony when she changed to leg 1 only this spring.

Ahh...serves me right listening to the Next Cruise ladies when I booked leg #1 on Odyssey, then leg #4 on EX.   They both told me suites were reserved for all four legs...as did two different CS agents on the phone when I tried to upgrade.  

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The challenge with full time ship living, is many months are affordable, but all 52 weeks adds in a ton of expensive trips to include. 

True, the Christmas and New Years legs were real outliers. What we didn't factor in to the equation however is the reality that there would also be free Pin cruises salted in to offset those two expensive ones.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Plenty of value, why so sour?

Only sour to obnoxious  loud  mouth pinnacles who think they own the ship, look down on other passengers and belittle  crew.

ps. Thread  counter boost  post

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Only sour to obnoxious  loud  mouth pinnacles who think they own the ship, look down on other passengers and belittle  crew.

ps. Thread  counter boost  post

i never encountered anyone like that.  But I have seen older folks on HAL feel like they were special since they cruised a lot.     I try to ignore folks on cruises these days and just enjoy the water and food and shows.

• Like 3

There are good and bad in all walks of life.  If you are a jerk as a Pinnacle...you were a jerk as a Gold member.  

It's what is inside that counts...not what your pin/sea pass card states.  

Unfortunately some like to focus on the jerks (and then lump the whole group into being as one)...and then seem to ignore/forget about the nice people in certain levels of C&A.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

There are good and bad in all walks of life.  If you are a jerk as a Pinnacle...you were a jerk as a Gold member.  

It's what is inside that counts...not what your pin/sea pass card states.  

Unfortunately some like to focus on the jerks (and then lump the whole group into being as one)...and then seem to ignore/forget about the nice people in certain levels of C&A.  

We’ve had some great conversations with pinnacle members.  Most of the ones we’ve met were friendly and happy to share their experiences.  Maybe a few were grumpy or entitled, but by no means most.

We hope to be pinnacles someday, but as long as we have our dog, our cruising time is limited.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

For a couple, full time ship living would likely need more room than a 160 sqft balcony cabin. 

We’ve actually been looking at at 399 sq ft second home, considered an RV but has studs and drywall.  It can be permanently set on land or an RV type park.  I could live in that size but half that would be a challenge I think.  Of course you don’t need space to cook on a ship although no laundry would be a problem for me.  While I love the DH we do like our separate space.  Even a suite doesn’t give you that unless you’re on a Oasis or Quantum class. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ATG said:

We’ve had some great conversations with pinnacle members.  Most of the ones we’ve met were friendly and happy to share their experiences.  Maybe a few were grumpy or entitled, but by no means most.

We hope to be pinnacles someday, but as long as we have our dog, our cruising time is limited.

Totally agree.   All walks of life.  

Most Pinnies are simply nice everyday people that just happen to have an addiction to cruising.  😉 

We lost our dear fur babies 3 years ago, and then Covid hit...but have since ramped up our cruising over the last year.  I still miss them dearly.  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ATG said:

Most of the ones we’ve met were friendly and happy to share their experiences.  

This can be a problem across all levels.  We've sat in the lounge and all we've heard is folks recounting every one of their past cruises as well as the 12 they have planned for the future.  Remember folks, it's not all about you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’ve actually been looking at at 399 sq ft second home, considered an RV but has studs and drywall.  It can be permanently set on land or an RV type park.  I could live in that size but half that would be a challenge I think.  Of course you don’t need space to cook on a ship although no laundry would be a problem for me.  While I love the DH we do like our separate space.  Even a suite doesn’t give you that unless you’re on a Oasis or Quantum class. 

We sold our motorhome this last year, mostly due to ramping up longer cruises...we were not going to use it.   

For 15 years, we spent a lot of time after we retired....in that very small living quarters traveling in that tiny home on wheels...and for some reason did not kill each other!  😄  But it did set us up as being used to living together in small quarters, which we now spend in ship's cabins. 😉 

I do not understand why some people have such a problem with Pinnacles (I am not one yet).  Sure there might be a few that may "show off" and/or be rude to other passengers and crew, but in all of our cruises, I have met & seen a heck of a lot more non-pinnacle passengers that behave that way.  In my experience I have met some amazing Pinnacle members who I continue to be friends with to this day and I am always thrilled to see them when we happen to be on the same cruise together.

Regarding the pins, why does anyone care whether or not someone chooses to wear it?  I have never had a problem with anyone wearing it. When I first started cruising RCL and noticed the pins and found out what they meant, I just thought "How cool is it that someone could be on a ship for 700 nights.  What a life".  I never thought in a million years that 8 years later I would be creeping up on it myself.

I know Pinnancles that always wear them, some that never wear them, and others that do when they feel like it.  I will be pinnacle in a few years.  Not sure if I will wear my pin often, but I know I will sure be proud of it. 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I do not understand why some people have such a problem with Pinnacles (I am not one yet).  Sure there might be a few that may "show off" and/or be rude to other passengers and crew, but in all of our cruises, I have met & seen a heck of a lot more non-pinnacle passengers that behave that way.  In my experience I have met some amazing Pinnacle members who I continue to be friends with to this day and I am always thrilled to see them when we happen to be on the same cruise together.

Regarding the pins, why does anyone care whether or not someone chooses to wear it?  I have never had a problem with anyone wearing it. When I first started cruising RCL and noticed the pins and found out what they meant, I just thought "How cool is it that someone could be on a ship for 700 nights.  What a life".  I never thought in a million years that 8 years later I would be creeping up on it myself.

I know Pinnancles that always wear them, some that never wear them, and others that do when they feel like it.  I will be pinnacle in a few years.  Not sure if I will wear my pin often, but I know I will sure be proud of it. 

Very well said...thank you!  🥰

And very much looking forward to welcoming you into the club.  I love your attitude!  

• Like 1

Since they loaded our free drinks on our sea pass card, we rarely go to the lounge for happy hour. We will become Pinns in January, it has been some time coming, and I look forward to the boarding in the Pinn line, and the free internet.  We will see if there are any other benefits that we would use.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

Since they loaded our free drinks on our sea pass card, we rarely go to the lounge for happy hour. We will become Pinns in January, it has been some time coming, and I look forward to the boarding in the Pinn line, and the free internet.  We will see if there are any other benefits that we would use.

Congrats!  And welcome to the club.   Indeed I do love the free unlimited internet.  🙂 

I am a recent pinnacle (this past January) and am just glad to be able to cruise as often as I do.   The pins just arrived last week so I don’t have any experience with wearing them.  I think I’ll go with wearing it on embarkation day, C&A events and maybe on some nights if I’m feeling sporty.   As for the lounges, I haven’t done evenings in them for several years.  I have a ritual which includes going to a lounge after breakfast, getting a coffee (one cappuccino with one espresso added) and doing The NY Times crossword on the iPad.  Then my lounge experience is done until the next morning.  

• Like 4

On 8/12/2022 at 12:20 AM, John&LaLa said:

We solidified our decision to push for Pinnacle after the first meal we enjoyed in CK on Allure in 2016. That also coincided with Oasis coming to PC the following year. 

Sadly, CK changed and it's no longer the draw it was when it first came out😪

What is different about CK? I got off the Harmony last week and ate all three meals, every day in CK. This was my first OA class as Pinnacle, and loved it. I didn't step foot in the WJ once the entire week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

What is different about CK? I got off the Harmony last week and ate all three meals, every day in CK. This was my first OA class as Pinnacle, and loved it. I didn't step foot in the WJ once the entire week. 

Menus for one. The original two menu system was so good. Multiple things on each menu were perfect. No need to lock yourself into a day 1 reservation to get the filet. The 7 menu system was dumbed down to spread things out, and most nights we have no desire to go.

Service is another. It was so good when it was less full. Now it's hit or miss. Victim of its success I guess. 

You're not missing what you don't know😪

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Menus for one. The original two menu system was so good. Multiple things on each menu were perfect. No need to lock yourself into a day 1 reservation to get the filet. The 7 menu system was dumbed down to spread things out, and most nights we have no desire to go.

Service is another. It was so good when it was less full. Now it's hit or miss. Victim of its success I guess. 

You're not missing what you don't know😪

And Mike - and others - should clearly understand that this is purely your own personal opinion.  Many others would completely disagree with your assessment.  

🙂 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

And Mike - and others - should clearly understand that this is purely your own personal opinion.  Many others would completely disagree with your assessment.  

🙂 

DH and I are split on CK.  He would eat every meal there.  I find a few nights where nothing looks good.  Other than filet night, I am not a huge fan at dinner.  I love having breakfast there and there are quite a few lunch things I really like.

• Like 2

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

🙂 

Umm, pretty sure everything here is an opinion. 

But kinda surprised this is coming from you.

Didn't you create the infamous Whiners Killed Dynamic Dining thread🤔

CK was a component of DD. But in 'my' opinion, the two menu system in CK could have survived the demise of DD.

And FWIW, I'd guess Royal originally assumed folks would not expect guests to take every meal up there. Folks would mix it up with a trip to Grand, Silk, or American Icon. Maybe a Specialty venue. Just visit CK 2 or 3 times. And if that's the case, there was plenty to select from in the original menus. Now it gets overloaded on filet and lobster night. And why offer scallops, lobster, and lamb all on the same night. 🤔

Expecting passengers to visit other venues could be why Pins and JS passengers were invited in. But just a theory 😇

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, pretty sure everything here is an opinion. 

But kinda surprised this is coming from you.

Didn't you create the infamous Whiners Killed Dynamic Dining thread🤔

CK was a component of DD. But in 'my' opinion, the two menu system in CK could have survived the demise of DD.

And FWIW, I'd guess Royal originally assumed folks would not expect guests to take every meal up there. Folks would mix it up with a trip to Grand, Silk, or American Icon. Maybe a Specialty venue. Just visit CK 2 or 3 times. And if that's the case, there was plenty to select from in the original menus. Now it gets overloaded on filet and lobster night. And why offer scallops, lobster, and lamb all on the same night. 🤔

Expecting passengers to visit other venues could be why Pins and JS passengers were invited in. But just a theory 😇

I'm not sure why you are commingling CK and DD.  DD debuted on the Quantum in 2014.  Oasis of the Seas also got CK in 2014.  Only Quantum had DD.  So, they are not related.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm not sure why you are commingling CK and DD.  DD debuted on the Quantum in 2014.  Oasis of the Seas also got CK in 2014.  Only Quantum had DD.  So, they are not related.

Didn't CK show up on Quantum prior to Oasis?

And Oasis was intended to get DD. You kinda glossed over that one😉

So yes, CK and DD should commingle