Elite stateroom amenity?

pinkrosesdeb

Tried several searches with different wording and still didn’t find an answer,  We have only done 1 celebrity cruise and I can’t remember if they put a welcome amenity in Elite member rooms.  I know prior to Covid Royal left a bottle of wine or beer etc for Diamond and above.  Just wondering if this is still true and, if so, how do you choose?  We are so excited to be boarding again!

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don't think Aqua is considered Elite, but don't they still give the cheap sparkling wine?

In Aqua, you will be given a bottle of sparkling wine.  If you don't care for sparkling wine, we have requested and received a bottle of red or white wine.  (Actually, the sparkling wine tastes fine to me).

39 minutes ago, keesar said:

In Aqua, you will be given a bottle of sparkling wine.  If you don't care for sparkling wine, we have requested and received a bottle of red or white wine.  (Actually, the sparkling wine tastes fine to me).

Aqua and Concierge cabins get a bottle of sparkling wine.  Elite get a small vase with a rose & a stem of some other flower about the 2nd or 3rd night.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What was the red like?

What was the white like?

Thanks.

The bottle of whites have been  from Spain or California  and sold around here for about $15-20. I have the last bottle received here and it is Mer Soleil Chardonnay from California.   I am not sure where the cabin steward got them.  The Spanish wine was pretty good.  

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Do'nt drink white, the red is about a $6-7 bottle retail.

I only asked because you wrote “we requested and received a bottle of red OR white….”

Was it in the cabin when you arrived?

46 minutes ago, keesar said:

The bottle of whites have been  from Spain or California  and sold around here for about $15-20. I have the last bottle received here and it is Mer Soleil Chardonnay from California.   I am not sure where the cabin steward got them.  The Spanish wine was pretty good.  

Oh no no no.  That won’t work.  I only drink French wine.  You see, I’m kind of an expert.  🧐

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Mer Soleil Chardonnay is my favorite white wine. It has oaky notes (butter, oak, vanilla). By the glass on Celebrity it is on the premium drink package.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

What was the red like?

What was the white like?

Thanks.

One was white..the other red… 🙂

Ask for their finest box of wine…high cotton living. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

They used to put the bottle of bubbly wine in your cabin on embarkation. Nice touch.  Not anymore.  Embarkation  had no captains club welcome letter. After a few days, we asked our cabin steward about captains club amenities since we didn’t get any info.  Cabin steward gave us the welcome letter and told us to let him know when we wanted the bubbly…red or white.  Chose red.  Terrible.  As elite plus, we used to enjoy Captains club amenities.  On our June cruise, we felt that Captains club was a forgotten afterthought.  We had drink package.  We missed the evening captains club event.  Not being held because of Covid.  No welcome Captains club reception.  Again Covid.  Meet & Greet is no longer held. Morning Captains club breakfast was poorly attended.  Host never spoke with us except to ask to see our seapass before entering.  Seems like being elite plus isn’t valuable.  We did use the laundry. Service was very slow. We used Captains lib WiFi time because the All In WiFi was extremely slow or down.  Next cruise is not on X. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, RichYak said:

Here is a link to the current Captain's Club tiers and all their benefits:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

Our last cruise was this past January on Symphony and our first as a Diamond member.  Neither of us is a big drinker but we loved the 4 drink/pp/per day voucher on our Sea Pass card.  We never used all of them.  Celebrity's unlimited (what a joke) drinks between 5-7 PM from their drink menu is a real downer.  They spend $1billion on a ship but they can't give anything to the people who helped them reach that goal.

5 minutes ago, shofer said:

Our last cruise was this past January on Symphony and our first as a Diamond member.  Neither of us is a big drinker but we loved the 4 drink/pp/per day voucher on our Sea Pass card.  We never used all of them.  Celebrity's unlimited (what a joke) drinks between 5-7 PM from their drink menu is a real downer.  They spend $1billion on a ship but they can't give anything to the people who helped them reach that goal.

IMO what sucks even more is the elimination of the CC HH (pre dinner drinks and snacks) in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7. Glad RC still does the CAS HH (pre dinner drinks and snacks) in the DL from 5 to 8. Yes we now have to use our CAS drinks loaded on our SeaPass cards in the DL. No biggie as we are at the DL by 5:00 for a snack and a couple of drinks before heading down to the MDR NLT 5:45. Still leaves us with 3 drinks. Couple glasses of wine with dinner. Then grab an unopened bottle of water and an unopened can/bottle of beer to take back to the cabin for another time.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO what sucks even more is the elimination of the CC HH (pre dinner drinks and snacks) in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7. Glad RC still does the CAS HH (pre dinner drinks and snacks) in the DL from 5 to 8. Yes we now have to use our CAS drinks loaded on our SeaPass cards in the DL. No biggie as we are at the DL by 5:00 for a snack and a couple of drinks before heading down to the MDR NLT 5:45. Still leaves us with 3 drinks. Couple glasses of wine with dinner. Then grab an unopened bottle of water and an unopened can/bottle of beer to take back to the cabin for another time.  

So RCCL no longer has carte blanche use of the drink voucher all day?  That would be real downer.