8/12/22 PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

LACruiser88

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the test is required if you start or end your cruise in Canada.  If you are doing roundtrip out of New York the test is no longer required.

From Princess website as of Sep 6;  testing not required departing from US

CruiseHealth™ - Vaccination & Testing Requirements by Region - Princess Cruises

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the test is required if you start or end your cruise in Canada.  If you are doing roundtrip out of New York the test is no longer required.

We will check for my sister again told her to read the info on the Princess site for their trip as well. They have a while to go so plenty of time.

Thanks everybody for posting.

15 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We will check for my sister again told her to read the info on the Princess site for their trip as well. They have a while to go so plenty of time.

Thanks everybody for posting.

sounds good.  Hope they have fun

2 hours ago, dog said:

Yes, we had to complete it to embark in Vancouver 

Kind of odd, isn't it, that have to do ArriveCAN when  not arriving to Canada and flying within Canada to the ship.  I get it is required when return since the ship goes to USA.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

From Princess website as of Sep 6;  testing not required departing from US

CruiseHealth™ - Vaccination & Testing Requirements by Region - Princess Cruises

I notice something.  In the press release, one could certainly presume that all of Europe except Greece is covered by the new policy.  However, I notice the updated info linked above contains no change for Europe (ex UK).

Just now, d9704011 said:

I don't understand what you mean.

@dog lives in Canada and would travel domestically to Vancouver to board a ship.  ArriveCAN is supposedly for arriving into Canada from outside the country.  In theory, it should not be needed until within 3 days of the ship arriving back to Canada.  Or, if one way to Alaska, should not be needed at all.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the wording on Princess Website regarding Canada; unless you depart or end in Canada; you do not need to get a covid test.  I sail on Oct 8 roundtrip from NY; so I will not have to get a pre cruise covid test. That is good news.

Hi, current Canadian rules are for fully vaccinated with a Covid test for any ship that will dock in Canada at any point.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I notice something.  In the press release, one could certainly presume that all of Europe except Greece is covered by the new policy.  However, I notice the updated info linked above contains no change for Europe (ex UK).

I don’t think that the areas of the website and specific FAQs have caught up with the press release yet. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@dog lives in Canada and would travel domestically to Vancouver to board a ship.  ArriveCAN is supposedly for arriving into Canada from outside the country.  In theory, it should not be needed until within 3 days of the ship arriving back to Canada.  Or, if one way to Alaska, should not be needed at all.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

OK.  Are you saying that he had to complete ArriveCan to fly domestically?

6 hours ago, caribill said:

If that is what Princess wanted, they would have said "medically supervised" as they have in the past.

When they just say "self test" that implies you do it yourself without being observed at a test site or online.

Maybe in 24 or so hours they will change the wording. If they do not change it, it is ambiguous to me.

These changes are just a press release right now.  The actual detailed protocols have not been published on the website and don't take effect until September.  I'm sure before September it will all be written out in detail and posted on the website.  But I agree the wording in the press release is pretty ambiguous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I believe the wording on Princess Website regarding Canada; unless you depart or end in Canada; you do not need to get a covid test.  I sail on Oct 8 roundtrip from NY; so I will not have to get a pre cruise covid test. That is good news.

Canada currently requires a test for all cruise ship passengers when a cruise starts, ends, or stops in Canada.  So if your October 8 trip stops in Canada at any point, you will need a test.  I do not anticipate Canada dropping these requirements before the end of their cruising season this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, San10s said:

Yes.. your cruise would be under the new process of Vaccinated passengers would NOT need to have a Covid test.  

We are on the Royal 15 nights and 16 days…. So no testing required.

If your cruise is 16 days, then testing is still required according to the press release: "Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days will no longer have to test before boarding..."   &  "No pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests on voyages of up to 15 nights "

It is interesting to note that at one point in the release, they count the nights and at another point they count the days.  It's pretty clear that the voyage must be under 16 days in length to avoid testing.  My read of the sentence stating "up to 15 nights" means 14 nights and under as they would have phrased it "up to and including 15 nights" if they were including 15 night cruises.  JMHO, but I think the first statement of less than 16 days is very clear that you'll still need to test.

10 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi, current Canadian rules are for fully vaccinated with a Covid test for any ship that will dock in Canada at any point.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Princess website is wrong and it’s curious that they have gotten away with it. Canada requires testing regardless of where you board ,  US or Canada or where ever…., if you get on a ship and it goes to any Canada port at all 

A quote From the link provided:

Pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing

All travellers 5 years of age or older must have a COVID-19 test to board a cruise ship in Canada or to board a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point on the cruise. You must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:

1. Proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken no more than 2 days before you’re scheduled to board your ship
    • the 2-day window does not depend on the time of day the test was taken or the time that you board
    • for example, if your ship is scheduled to leave on Friday, you could provide proof of a negative result from an antigen test taken any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or on Friday
    • it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth online service
    • the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained 
  2. Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled boarding time 
    • for example, if you’re scheduled to board at 11:00 am on Friday, your test must have been taken any time after 10:59 am on Tuesday
    • it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth online service
    • the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained
  3. Previous positive molecular test result: you no longer have symptoms and provide proof of a positive molecular test taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before you board. Counting starts the day after your test. 
    • for example, if your positive COVID-19 molecular test was taken on January 1, then January 11 would be the earliest scheduled date you could board
    • a positive antigen test result is never a valid test result for boarding a ship and can’t be used as proof of a previous infection
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The government realizes that wifi is not available or reliable for passengers on a cruise ship.  So, it is arranged that within 72 hours of embarkation you can pre-fill out your arrive can for your arrival back into Canada.  For example ship leaves August 13th but does not arrive back into Canada say until August 31st, you can sign onto arrive can within 72 hours within ship leaving and select the date you are coming back to Canada.  This rule applies for marine only.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

No, we had to complete ArriveCAN to embark the ship in Vancouver at the start of our cruise.

we also had to fill it in again before boarding our flight in Seattle to return to Toronto.

I did not care. It was not a big deal for us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lido deck main said:

The government realizes that wifi is not available or reliable for passengers on a cruise ship.  So, it is arranged that within 72 hours of embarkation you can pre-fill out your arrive can for your arrival back into Canada.  For example ship leaves August 13th but does not arrive back into Canada say until August 31st, you can sign onto arrive can within 72 hours within ship leaving and select the date you are coming back to Canada.  This rule applies for marine only.  

We did not return to Canada on our cruise, but still had to fill in ArriveCAN to embark in Vancouver.  It was checked, along with vax & testing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

We did not return to Canada on our cruise, but still had to fill in ArriveCAN to embark in Vancouver.  It was checked, along with vax & testing.

Yes, I was referencing the other poster about the return to Canada he thought wasn’t required until three days before arrival via marine and I was advising you can refill any future date I.e. more than three days if travelling by marine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

No, he stated he had to complete ArriveCAN to board ship in Vancouver at Post #71.  ETA:  See post #94 for details.

Edited by Steelers36

30 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I don’t think that the areas of the website and specific FAQs have caught up with the press release yet. 

No doubt, they will have more changes to make in specific FAQ's since there are other pages, but the link provided in Post #76 by @AF-1 is new and you would think they would have reflected any new policy in each region.  The jury may still be out on Europe continent (ex Greece), however.

I am Canadian.  
Alaska cruise August 27- Sept 3
Will do Covid test Thursday to board the ship on Saturday 
We fly from Toronto to Vancouver on the Friday

Ship leaves Vancouver to Whittier on Saturday 

3 days Wednesday will do ArriveCAN

Fly home - Anchorage to Vancouver - 3 hr layover - Vancouver to Toronto 

Am I correct that I only need to do ArriveCAN on the Wednesday on my return to Canada?

The press release is not meant to be an operational protocol, rather it's for marketing/sales.  Between now and Sep, the actual protocols will get ironed out and clarified, just give a little time and not sweat it now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am Canadian.  
Alaska cruise August 27- Sept 3
Will do Covid test Thursday to board the ship on Saturday 
We fly from Toronto to Vancouver on the Friday

Ship leaves Vancouver to Whittier on Saturday 

3 days Wednesday will do ArriveCAN

Fly home - Anchorage to Vancouver - 3 hr layover - Vancouver to Toronto 

Am I correct that I only need to do ArriveCAN on the Wednesday on my return to Canada?

Well, For my May 4- 8/ 22 Discovery Princess cruise We had to show ArriveCAN to embark May 4 th. We were asked for it when we checked in to start the cruise.

Others maybe did not.

There was a lot of uncertainty about it, but we were asked for it.

I don’t know if you need to do it again on the ship.

Edited by dog