Carnival Cruise Line Removes Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated Guests and Welcomes All Unvaccinated To Sail

ProgRockCruiser

Oh the irony: 

My DW & I will be on one of the last cruises out of NYC Aug 22nd Based on the date that you’ll need to test. The last cruise we were on was March 2020, Panorama out of LA, one of the last cruises before the world stopped for Covid.

Safe traveling everyone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, habsfan4ever said:

Oh the irony: 

My DW & I will be on one of the last cruises out of NYC Aug 22nd Based on the date that you’ll need to test. The last cruise we were on was March 2020, Panorama out of LA, one of the last cruises before the world stopped for Covid.

Safe traveling everyone.

Definitely should consider a username change to:  Covid Bookends!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This action by the Cruise Industry would actually make me run and get vaccinated as soon as possible. Call it whatever you like; I call it being safe! By the way I will be the first in line to get Booster number 5 when it becomes available. Doing my part to keep my family and America safe.  

So far I have not gone blind, have not grown an eye in the middle of my forehead, have not began to walk backwards, have not began to dog bark and have not had any strange food cravings from my vaccines.

Lighten up Cruisers, learn to find joy in all things and continue to be safe! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And the only reason I can think of that you can't go on your cruise is that you test positive.  And if you are positive, then you shouldn't be on the ship!

Ever heard of false positive or positive when no longer infectious? And how about all those who were refused boarding because a traveling companion (even if arriving separately) tested positive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

Thanks to NCL for initiating this further relaxing of the pre cruise testing. However, I am not pleased with their latest Marketing strategy. They informed us of the good news that they were further relaxing the policy while at the same time raising cruise prices? This action was a sure sign of greed and not of any consumer interest. You raised your cruise prices when you know that more cruisers are going to now be sailing with you. 

If I were an avid cruiser on NCL I would wonder how much my loyalty matters?    

This in one of the reason why the cruise lines want to eliminate the vax and testing policies. To increase demand for a fixed supply of product. They can get all those who don't want the vax and want to cruise plus all those that want to cruise but not get tested.

They need the increase in prices to pat down all that debt.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Looks like booster is still required for my Celebration TA in November according to the Website.

I believe language and the booster requirements are now under the heading of the protocols for cruises that leave through September 5. The only protocols we have so far for cruises after that are the new general announcements they have just made which don’t deal in detail with the celebration and the pride specifically. Since the new general guidelines indicate that they will not be requiring vaccinations for Sailings from European ports and since those two ships are, I believe, the only two sailing in Europe, my guess is that the booster requirement will not apply to the TAs. But, we will have to wait for the upcoming guidance and amplifications.  

Richard

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

And the only reason I can think of that you can't go on your cruise is that you test positive.  And if you are positive, then you shouldn't be on the ship!

That's the thing. People won't care that they are positive and will cruise anyway. They don't care about infecting others.

• Like 8

I do hope they aren't moving a little too quickly on this.  Just to play devil's advocate.

We know people are still getting it cruising even with all the precautions that were in place as far as requiring vaxxing and testing prior to sailing.  One of our cruises we came home, and on the morning we left the ship my husband wasn't feeling well, sure enough got home and he tested and had it.  I never got it, even being in the house with him.  Could have come from the ship or the airplane ride down, or the hotel, or anywhere, who knows.

But dropping the testing requirement for vaxxed AND letting unvaxxed on with a test all at the same time may just be a little too quick.  Should have just dropped testing first and see how that went IMHO for at least a month or two.  

I know it is here to stay, and I take my own precautions and rely on no one else to keep me safe (sanitize everything, everywhere, ALL the time).... but there was some piece of mind knowing I was sailing with mostly all vaccinated passengers.  Only because it is such a large group of people in such a confined space.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, wemjam said:

Yep, me too.  So happy just made it by 5 days for our family Sept 11th cru

The following additional destination requirements remain in place:  
Voyages 16 nights and longer will continue to have vaccination and testing requirements that are specific to the itinerary, and Carnival will continue to communicate with those guests in a timely manner.  

Unfortunately we fall into this category.  Hopefully these requirements will change for us in the next few weeks.  We're glad for all of you that no longer have to be tested.  It's one less stressful thing to worry about.

Edited by farjar
sizing

3 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

This action by the Cruise Industry would actually make me run and get vaccinated as soon as possible. Call it whatever you like; I call it being safe! By the way I will be the first in line to get Booster number 5 when it becomes available. Doing my part to keep my family and America safe.  

So far I have not gone blind, have not grown an eye in the middle of my forehead, have not began to walk backwards, have not began to dog bark and have not had any strange food cravings from my vaccines.

Lighten up Cruisers, learn to find joy in all things and continue to be safe! 

I'll bet your phone signal has been better than ever with all that 5G signal enhancer you've had pumped into you. The non vaccinated folks are walking around saying "can you hear me now?". 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I’m relieved that my cruise on Panorama on 9/3/22 Labor Day week missed the cut off by 3 days! I feel a lot safer. Plus, I live in West Los Angeles where there is literally a plethora of free testing options. I love testing with CVS which allows me to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance through the website.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'll bet your phone signal has been better than ever with all that 5G signal enhancer you've had pumped into you. The non vaccinated folks are walking around saying "can you hear me now?". 😁 

Cruisingguy007, Don’t I wish, have 5 shots myself and still not bionic woman, still no super powers. Damn it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Thanks to NCL for initiating this further relaxing of the pre cruise testing. However, I am not pleased with their latest Marketing strategy. They informed us of the good news that they were further relaxing the policy while at the same time raising cruise prices? This action was a sure sign of greed and not of any consumer interest. You raised your cruise prices when you know that more cruisers are going to now be sailing with you. 

If I were an avid cruiser on NCL I would wonder how much my loyalty matters?    

Perhaps they need to cover the cost of lawsuits?

4 hours ago, rps2004 said:

I believe language and the booster requirements are now under the heading of the protocols for cruises that leave through September 5. The only protocols we have so far for cruises after that are the new general announcements they have just made which don’t deal in detail with the celebration and the pride specifically. Since the new general guidelines indicate that they will not be requiring vaccinations for Sailings from European ports and since those two ships are, I believe, the only two sailing in Europe, my guess is that the booster requirement will not apply to the TAs. But, we will have to wait for the upcoming guidance and amplifications.  

Richard

Yes except the requirement is still on the Carnival website along with the new protocols

Here's what I think is being lost on some.  The bottom line is that the current Omicron BA-5 is simply not the virus that the original Covid Wuhan or later Delta variants were. In my view, one's 'obligation' is now down to the common courtesy appropriately expected from anyone who is ill.  Folks with viruses routinely leave their homes, shop, attend events, etc. And if they're good people, they'll work to minimize other's risk by not shaking hands, getting too close to others, covering their nose/mouth, etc.  And while I think the days of 'fighting through and going to school/work w/ a fever' are over as appropriate, so to are the days of multi-day enforced lock downs.  We're all responsible for our OWN health.  Anyone wanting greater assurances than customary through history will necessarily need to protect themselves.  

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

That's the thing. People won't care that they are positive and will cruise anyway. They don't care about infecting others.

This is a fact, in fact, it's probably happening now and has been happening all along when you consider that folks are merely presenting a piece of paper. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You completely missed the point of what I wrote in my reply to your post. It had nothing to do with whether or not positive people should or shouldn't sail, but with whether or not it's a bid deal to suddenly not be able to cruise after months of planning and anticipation. Even the CDC is finally starting to back down and admit it's not that bad anymore and are lifting their recommendations. We're finally at the point where people who want to cruise can do so much easier and people who still want to cower in fear behind their couch with a can of Lysol while they wait for Doordash are free to do so as well. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

You completely missed the point of what I wrote in my reply to your post. It had nothing to do with whether or not positive people should or shouldn't sail, but with whether or not it's a bid deal to suddenly not be able to cruise after months of planning and anticipation. Even the CDC is finally starting to back down and admit it's not that bad anymore and are lifting their recommendations. We're finally at the point where people who want to cruise can do so much easier and people who still want to cower in fear behind their couch with a can of Lysol while they wait for Doordash are free to do so as well. 

Many of us have been cruising all along while others have avoided with irrational fears.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Many of us have been cruising all along while others have avoided with irrational fears.

I am glad you have admitted the irrational fear of the unvaccinated people joining them.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

This in one of the reason why the cruise lines want to eliminate the vax and testing policies. To increase demand for a fixed supply of product. They can get all those who don't want the vax and want to cruise plus all those that want to cruise but not get tested.

They need the increase in prices to pat down all that debt.

The bottom line profitability should not be their only concern. Certainly they have to make a grand showing for the major stockholders and the board members. What about the average individual who is working hard every day and still can't save a dollar?, what about the single mom who just needs to get away and loves cruising?, what about the legacy cruisers who are convincing big numbers of their family members each year to take their first cruise?.  

These are the real statistics that measure the value of a company; the one's that go beyond the checkbook or bank account. Those that truly value their current and future customer base.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

The bottom line profitability should not be their only concern. Certainly they have to make a grand showing for the major stockholders and the board members. What about the average individual who is working hard every day and still can't save a dollar?, what about the single mom who just needs to get away and loves cruising?, what about the legacy cruisers who are convincing big numbers of their family members each year to take their first cruise?.  

These are the real statistics that measure the value of a company; the one's that go beyond the checkbook or bank account. Those that truly value their current and future customer base.

Good comments but I think you are confusing "for profit" companies with the United Way.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, toad16X said:

Good comments but I think you are confusing "for profit" companies with the United Way.

Thanks. The distinction is there. Just trying to show that even larger "for profit" organizations should at least try and show a bit of empathy and compassion. I know that is an unknown entity in this Country. This is what all companies should strive for; total customer and corporate satisfaction. 

• Like 1