Locked storage for laptop?

Tante1231

We have several cruises coming up - one on Nieuw Amsterdam, Oosterdam and Volendam.  Are the in room safes large enough for us to lock up our laptop?  My Ipad should fit in the safe but we may need to bring the lap top as well.  Thanks in advance. 

My Dell 15" would not fit into the safe.

I just put it into a drawer so that it would be out of sight and tidy!

I agree with @crystalspin, the stewards on not interested in it.  They do not want to risk losing their livelihood over a missing laptop, and they probably have a better one themselves.

• Like 5

I never worry about things left in my cabin.  The cruise line has near complete control over their employees and for one of them to steal a large item such as a laptop is ridiculous.  Cash, a watch or piece of jewelry would be tempting but definitely not a computer.  They would be fired and flown home at their expense at the first opportunity….

49 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Good advise!

and I seriously hope someone with classified information on a laptop or other advise knows better than to bring it on a holiday (crossing borders etc). 

There was one famous breach when an employee took his laptop on a cruise ship.  I will have to research it to recall the incident.  Most of the large US federal government data breaches were instigated by accessing employee computers not by hacking the central computers 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1