New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

1 hour ago, Ellan Vannin said:

I see from the update today that  visits to Greece appear to now require supervised test within 48 hours of boarding and not the 2 days as previously.

Thank you for pointing this out.I had made an appointment for a 9am test on a Wednesday morning before flying to Rome for departure time 5pm on the Friday . So if there isn't another change we will have to test when we arrive in Italy

1 hour ago, colingu said:

And yet again the rules have changed today , 22 Aug, in our favour.  As we are vaccinated and boosted ie "up to date" in Celebrity lingo, and travelling ex Barcelona for 9 nights with no Greek ports the following applies (and both the UK & US websites match):

Up-to-Date Guests*

• For all sailings 9 nights or less, no pre-boarding testing is required.
  • For all sailings 10 nights or longer, guests ages 12 and up must present a negative COVID-19 test result from either an antigen test result taken within 1 day prior to sailing or a negative PCR test result taken within 3 days prior to sailing

And I JUST paid for the proctored tests because we were on 9 nights and the previous "new" guidelines from last week said 8 nights was the cut off for no testing....so irritating. Could they have not figured that out instead of changing it again DAYS later???

9 minutes ago, carolina_yankee said:

I’m really happy I don’t have to go through the rigmarole of a proctored test for our November Apex cruise. I will still self-test, because why not? Better to know what the situation is and prepare for it then just blunder in darkly!

I prefer to blunder in the dark. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chimchimtx said:

And I JUST paid for the proctored tests because we were on 9 nights and the previous "new" guidelines from last week said 8 nights was the cut off for no testing....so irritating. Could they have not figured that out instead of changing it again DAYS later???

Celebrity needed to wait until St Kitts and Grand Cayman dropped their requirements over the weekend.  This was as soon as Celebrity could relax the requirements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, britishcruisers2 said:

Thank you for pointing this out.I had made an appointment for a 9am test on a Wednesday morning before flying to Rome for departure time 5pm on the Friday . So if there isn't another change we will have to test when we arrive in Italy

I don't know whether you, or anybody else participating in this thread, understands exactly what is meant by 48 hours prior to boarding, but if I get my test done at 0900 on Wednesday in Ottawa and board at 1200 on Friday in Civitavecchia (a six hour time difference), am I still OK?  Maybe I should ask my test facility to date/time stamp my test in GMT (a four hour difference, but good enough).

I just received this update from Celebrity 20 mins ago.

Starting with September 5th departures: 

• All travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can cruise with us on sailings departing from U.S. and Europe ports (excluding sailings that visit Canada).
  • We will begin accepting self-tests on sailings from U.S. ports that don’t visit Canada and Bermuda, and on many Europe sailings.
  • We’re easing testing protocols for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda:
    • For sailings 9 nights or less, vaccinated guests will no longer need to test to board one of our ships, where destinations allow; and will have 3 days prior to boarding to test for sailings 10 nights or more.
    • Unvaccinated guests ages 5 and older will need to test 3 days prior to boarding U.S. sailings (excluding Canada and Bermuda); and ages 12 and older for select Europe sailings.
  • The current testing protocol for cruises to Canada and Bermuda will remain in place until further notice, as well as the requirement that guests age 12 and up be fully vaccinated.
  • Some testing protocols in Europe are also easing.

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I don't know whether you, or anybody else participating in this thread, understands exactly what is meant by 48 hours prior to boarding, but if I get my test done at 0900 on Wednesday in Ottawa and board at 1200 on Friday in Civitavecchia (a six hour time difference), am I still OK?  Maybe I should ask my test facility to date/time stamp my test in GMT (a four hour difference, but good enough).

Precisely. The reason Celebrity changed the 48hour rule to 2 day was for international guests.As long as the date on the test was dated 2 days before boarding regardless of time zones differences it was acceptable. 

I am on a B2B2B in Jan/Feb, of 9 nights, 10 nights, and 9 nights. According to today’s rules, I shouldn’t have to test for the first cruise. I guess if the same rules are in effect for the second one, Celebrity will be the one testing any back to backers. 

And since these cruises are 5 months away, who knows what the rules will be then? 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, britishcruisers2 said:

Precisely. The reason Celebrity changed the 48hour rule to 2 day was for international guests.As long as the date on the test was dated 2 days before boarding regardless of time zones differences it was acceptable. 

Actually, they changed the two day rule to 48 hours which could cause me some problem even though I am, technically, within the time period.

Hi,

I am sailing on the Celebrity Infinity on a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departs from Ft. Lauderdale on Sep. 3, 2022. I am fully vaccinated, but it looks like the testing requirement will still apply to me because my cruise departs prior to Sep. 5, 2022. It is too bad the new rules aren't effective two days earlier.

Chuck

45 minutes ago, LIMPIT said:

The App for my forthcoming cruise on the Edge 10th September 7 nights has not aligned the removal of testing with the latest web site information 

Which part concerns you? It seems the same to me.

One of the best ways of Not being confused by the testing requirements is to focus on the Requirements for Your cruise, Your itinerary and not get wrapped up in what is required for some other itinerary you arent doing. 

As Ive posted prior - no idea if it’s in this thread or another Very Similar thread - but I’ll just watch what is required for my cruises and I’ll watch what Celebrity posts for those.

And realize some wording gets confusing, but in a day or so, it gets cleaned up and is more consistent. And yes, some are about to head out and I have a bit more time, heck 2 months!, and there’s a good chance I’ll take a proctored/monitored type test And my standard self-test…..just in case.

And I Won’t worry about $25 for a test. Just pretend you spent it on a test you need instead of 2 candy bars onboard!!!

Den

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, 39august said:

Unsupervised self test! What the heck is the point of that? Oh well, whatever floats their boat, so to speak. So hoping the b2b testing goes away. Out first  b2b in Sept/Oct. is 10 night, followed by 9.  Do any of the Caribbean islands still require a pre-board test?

That means they are trusting you to be honest.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

That means they are trusting you to be honest.  

Yup. Same as when we filled out the medical info prior to the Pandemic asking us about symptoms about Norovirus. Considering how many got that lovely thing, that didnt work too well……oh well. 

Den

Sounds to me like Celebrity is starting to transition back to pre-Covid times; or in other words, if you get sick on our boat, it’s your responsibility, not Celebrity’s, to get your butt home.  And say good bye to FCCs.  But…. I’m ok with being responsible for my own situation!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gpnfish said:

Sounds to me like Celebrity is starting to transition back to pre-Covid times; or in other words, if you get sick on our boat, it’s your responsibility, not Celebrity’s, to get your butt home.  And say good bye to FCCs.  But…. I’m ok with being responsible for my own situation!

Works for us too!
Want to be protected against illness preventing embarkation, or getting you home?  Buy the appropriate insurance policy.  

• Like 1