elite /elite plus lounge

timbom

20 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Even though RCL cruisers have a bizarre fascination with a loyalty lounge, there is nothing similar on Celebrity. 

I guess you can say the same thing about Celebrity cruisers sailing in Retreat Class and enjoying the Retreat Lounge. As you see on this board there are many, many loyal Retreat Class passengers that lament the conversion of Michael's Club to the Retreat Lounge and pine for the dark, clubby atmosphere of the old Michael's Club. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And the promise made by LLP  to return it has not been kept😢

Same as Blue Chip Club Sapphire and above. I don't get what's so difficult to allow the few Zenith members per cruise who aren't in suites to begin with into the lounge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I guess you can say the same thing about Celebrity cruisers sailing in Retreat Class and enjoying the Retreat Lounge. As you see on this board there are many, many loyal Retreat Class passengers that lament the conversion of Michael's Club to the Retreat Lounge and pine for the dark, clubby atmosphere of the old Michael's Club. 

Many, many?  I’ll agree to some.  I think the biggest issue is the furniture not the walls.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Well, Zenith used to be allowed in the Retreat Lounge / Michael's Club but even this has now been taken away under some weird pretense.

Suites are sailing full at high prices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oville said:

Suites are sailing full at high prices.

On our cruises since the restart suites were full and the Retreat Concierges were kept busy taking care of Retreat Guest.  It was a  better on the S Class where 2 Concierges could handle the guests.

On the E Class with 170+suites the 3 Concierges almost had guests waiting for assistance.

Not only are Suites sailing full, there are simply too many Zenith Captain's Club members to allow for a return of Zeniths who are not sailing in a suite to be allowed access to Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  This is my opinion as a Zenith CC member who since the resumption of cruising after the global suspension has only sailed in Suites, and all future reservations are also booked in Suites.  I realize that a number of fellow Zenith members are highly upset about the lack of MC/RL access but that ship has sailed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, timbom said:

Been awhile since I have sailed do they still have a special section like RCL does for evening get to gathers for elite guests?

Unfortunately no. We like the DL on RC ships. Good place for pre dinner snacks and drinks.  Not a bazar fascination for us.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Not only are Suites sailing full, there are simply too many Zenith Captain's Club members to allow for a return of Zeniths who are not sailing in a suite...

Do you have data to back that up? I don't think that is the case. On my last two cruises the numbers were very low and during the welcome event (Solstice being the most recent) they announced only ONE Zenith as the top cruiser on board - her point balance was 3005 points!

5 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Do you have data to back that up? I don't think that is the case. On my last two cruises the numbers were very low and during the welcome event (Solstice being the most recent) they announced only ONE Zenith as the top cruiser on board - her point balance was 3005 points!

Actually -- the number of Zeniths has more than doubled since we entered "Z world" seven years ago.  We have been on cruises when the number of Zeniths has topped nineteen.  On a cruise on the Infinity in 2018 there were actually eleven Blue Chip members granted access to MC.  If 11 BC members were on a cruise with 19 Zeniths that would definitely impact MC/RL.  

It is unclear to me as to how many triple Zeniths there are currently sailing on Celebrity.  And for your information, since you "need to know" and are challenging my knowledge on the subject, we have over 4300 loyalty points and will quickly exceed 4400 in September.  So, how many cruises have you completed with Celebrity and how many loyalty points do you have?  Just curious about your level of expertise.

25 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Actually -- the number of Zeniths has more than doubled since we entered "Z world" seven years ago.  We have been on cruises when the number of Zeniths has topped nineteen.  On a cruise on the Infinity in 2018 there were actually eleven Blue Chip members granted access to MC.  If 11 BC members were on a cruise with 19 Zeniths that would definitely impact MC/RL.  

It is unclear to me as to how many triple Zeniths there are currently sailing on Celebrity.  And for your information, since you "need to know" and are challenging my knowledge on the subject, we have over 4300 loyalty points and will quickly exceed 4400 in September.  So, how many cruises have you completed with Celebrity and how many loyalty points do you have?  Just curious about your level of expertise.

I never asked you for your cruise history, couldn't care less. 20-30 people more at The Retreat (maximum, usually the number is much lower) won't make a difference and to say differently is baloney. They could just as well create another space for top tier members like RCCL does but to advertise Retreat access for Zenith/BCC and then not follow through is just ridiculous.

Personally I don't get the point of hanging out at these spaces when traveling on the ship with access to beverages at every single F&B outlet to begin with. Edge/Beyond had a nice Retreat space indoors but still boring.

36 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

....20-30 people more at The Retreat (maximum, usually the number is much lower) won't make a difference and to say differently is baloney. They could just as well create another space for top tier members like RCCL does but to advertise Retreat access for Zenith/BCC and then not follow through is just ridiculous.

Quite frankly, to say that a number of additional folks in the MC/RL is "baloney" is ridiculous.  It is a limited space.  And access to the MC/RL for Blue Chip members and Zeniths has not been advertised for years.  

13 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Even though RCL cruisers have a bizarre fascination with a loyalty lounge, there is nothing similar on Celebrity. 

You just insulted the OP for asking a question.  It is no more a "bizarre fascination" than any other facet of cruise ship life that others inquire about.

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, timbom said:

Been awhile since I have sailed do they still have a special section like RCL does for evening get to gathers for elite guests?

There is no dedicated space for elites, used to have the nightly event with drinks and snacks in a bar ( usually Sky lounge) but sadly that is no more. We had just gotten to elite when it ended. That was a bummer. I know some free drinks are now available for elite/plus at most bars for those two hours , but it was the "I'm going to an event" that was the cool part 😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

15 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Same as Blue Chip Club Sapphire and above. I don't get what's so difficult to allow the few Zenith members per cruise who aren't in suites to begin with into the lounge.

at least with blue chip sapphire and above, we get $100 obc each cruise for no longer having access to the Retreat lounge. (Sapphire = $100k through the slots)

I prefer the lounge in E-class over the $100. it's worth more than $100 to me.

Edited by fstuff1

6 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

20-30 people more at The Retreat (maximum, usually the number is much lower) won't make a difference and to say differently is baloney.

M-class ships have 50 suites or 100 Retreat passengers at double-occupancy. 20-30 more people is 20%-30% more than what the Retreat areas are designed for. That is very significant.

• Thanks 2

One of my fondest memories was perhaps five years ago we were on the Millie with our 15 year old grandson.  At that time they had a lounge reserved for elite.

He asked us if he could bring a date to the lounge (which was OK with the monitor and us).  So each night he came with another girl he had met on the trip. 

They were all really impressed with the free coke and snacks.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RichYak said:

M-class ships have 50 suites or 100 Retreat passengers at double-occupancy. 20-30 more people is 20%-30% more than what the Retreat areas are designed for. That is very significant.

And there are about 65 Suites on S-Class and 182 on E-Class. Zenith may book Suites at a higher rate than the Norm so may not increase those Class ships by a good deal, and even M-Class may not theoretically be impacted with non-Suite Zeniths that much, but…..

I know we like to assume Celebrity Loves to do such things for no common sense reason, but I think @RichYak is right in the overall packing the Retreat Lounges up.

Never gone Suite (Yet - going on my Oct ‘22 TA!!) but look forward to a place that has a higher number of experienced cruisers to talk and share with…..I miss the Elite Happy Hr that was run in the Sky Observation Lounge which was fun to talk up cruising! Yes, can do that anywhere, but the social events of more experienced cruisers is always nice……Love the Roll Call events that allow that too.

den

• Like 4