North Star and I Fly

6 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

In the past, I was able to book reservations for both of these prior to boarding.  Has that changed?

Are you talking about the paid sessions or the free ones?  In regard to the free sessions, since the restart "after" Covid, you cannot book them until you board the ship.

4 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Are you talking about the paid sessions or the free ones?  In regard to the free sessions, since the restart "after" Covid, you cannot book them until you board the ship.

The free sessions were booked very quickly, both this week and last but if you checked daily, there were opening appearing.  We had a reservation for a free session that was cancelled due to issues in port but were able to book for another inport date/time. .  The paid ones seem to be more readily available.  I would suggest you keep checking daily as openings do occur. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The free sessions were booked very quickly, both this week and last but if you checked daily, there were opening appearing.  We had a reservation for a free session that was cancelled due to issues in port but were able to book for another inport date/time. .  The paid ones seem to be more readily available.  I would suggest you keep checking daily as openings do occur. 

They always book insanely fast.  Glad we had the opportunity to book them when we sailed the Odyssey at 17% occupancy last year and enjoy them.  I know you can just go stand-by for Northstar since there were a lot of no-shows, but that is hard to do if you want to do it with a larger family as one group.  I heard you could even do that for ifly as well, but did not try to go stand-by for that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, MLAW said:

On the Anthem this summer, you could not make reservations until 8 AM each morning on the app for the slots that day.  On boarding day, you could make reservations of openings that day only.

well that was not the same for Quantum.  you could book the free or the paid at the beginning of the trip and there was also standby.   Last fall I was on Anthem and had 3 reservations cancelled for the paid and the thing was down a lot or we had bad weather.  I think the gang who control Northstar on Anthem had attitude in my opinion.  They were nicer on Quantum and it had more hours too.

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

Are they still charging for the iFly and the North Star.  Can you make reservations.  If so, when.

It won't be confirmed till she starts sailing from Bayonne, but assume free sessions on port days and paid ones otherwise. Book them via the app early in the sailing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It won't be confirmed till she starts sailing from Bayonne, but assume free sessions on port days and paid ones otherwise. Book them via the app early in the sailing.

And the paid ones are longer than the free ones, we did the free one in port, maybe 5-10 minutes.  Just straight up and down.  The paid one they move around, going over the side.  Probably some youtube videos out there.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:40 PM, gowensricks said:

On Quantum last month, iFly was $29/pp and North Star was $19/pp. 

iFly for $29 is a huge bargain if you just want to try it out.  If you go to one of their locations, you pay a lot more (and it's probably a longer experience).

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

iFly for $29 is a huge bargain if you just want to try it out.  If you go to one of their locations, you pay a lot more (and it's probably a longer experience).

So, yeah, have done both multiple times.  I think it was a bit over $100 for both of us 5 years ago to do the IFly on land.  It was 10 minutes, in a much larger tube with far greater wind speeds.  Much better experience, as you are allowed to fly on your own, albeit a foot above the bottom.  You get to experiment with using your hands to make you spin in a certain direction, then the other.  The experiences are completely different.  The ship experience is not worth near what the land experience is.

• Thanks 1

We’re on Odyssey in April, our first time on a Quantum class ship. We’re looking forward to trying both North Star and iFly. We’re driving to FLL the day before we sail so I’m planning to check in as early as possible so we get an early boarding time. I’m not much of a morning person so I don’t usually bother with an early boarding time, but since we’ll have to be out of our hotel anyway and we’ll be close to port I might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

I really hate having to wait until we board to be able to book things like North Star, iFly, and shows. All I want to have to think about on boarding day is settling in and having fun. I know I’m dreaming, but I really wish they’d let us go back to prebooking shows and activities. I’m not holding my breath waiting for it to happen, though. 😟