RCCL "Unsupervised" Testing Embarkation Process Experience

I'm following this too. We sail in late Nov. My wife and I are vax'd but I BELIEVE (no debate needed) that a negative test is more important than the Vax. We plan to test before we leave and show the pic of it. This way we don't have to worry about losing the vax card, and will be sure we aren't carrying anything extra onboard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimdalva said:

FYI ;  As of today Covid is killing 1000 Americans  daily.

As of today the rolling seven day average is 400, this flu season Oct. - March the expected 7 day average deaths will be 350.  Covid and the flu are neck to neck in death count. No chance cruise lines will test for the flu. They are here, get used to it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

As I’m sailing out of Southampton on Sunday I’ll update the forum on how I get on. That is of course if people are interested 

Definitely interested, thanks. We're on the sailing after yours. Have an amazing time.

I’m very curious to know if Royal is literally going to accept a picture of a negative test strip and that is it.  Carnival requires you place a piece of paper next to the test strip with your name/date of test so that requires a little more effort to fake.

3 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

I’m very curious to know if Royal is literally going to accept a picture of a negative test strip and that is it.  Carnival requires you place a piece of paper next to the test strip with your name/date of test so that requires a little more effort to fake.

I’m bringing a photo of a negative pregnancy test to see if they’re paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Just now, habitatnal said:

Good luck.  I wouldn’t risk it since most of the COVID-19 test strips say covid on the test strip.

Of course I’ll have my proof of negative covid text but I am 99.99% sure nobody will care either way.

I have 14 cruises booked already and expect the old normal soon.

• Like 1

I submitted my test results through the NHS site and they send you an email and text confirming that the test is negative. I’ll be taking that plus a photo and the test cassette itself. That’s the one I don’t understand as it may have faded by that time. I’ll also take spare unused tests just in case I have to have them witness me carrying out a test. 

23 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

Thanks for the reply.

22 hours ago, rudeney said:

No - it must be professionally administered or proctored.  Here are the official rules for Canadian cruises (which RCCL follows):

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

And don't forget to do ArriveCAN!

Thanks for the info.  I did download the ArriveCAN app.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, taglovestocruise said:

As of today the rolling seven day average is 400, this flu season Oct. - March the expected 7 day average deaths will be 350.  Covid and the flu are neck to neck in death count. No chance cruise lines will test for the flu. They are here, get used to it. 

And, daily avg is 313 today based on the CDC link I posted yesterday. It's dropping as are cases and hospitalizations.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2022 at 8:14 AM, jimdalva said:

FYI ;  As of today Covid is killing 1000 Americans  daily.

Even if it is 1000 per day IT IS WITH Covid NOT because of Covid, most have other more serious conditions that caused their death.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:33 PM, scottraveller said:

I submitted my test results through the NHS site and they send you an email and text confirming that the test is negative. I’ll be taking that plus a photo and the test cassette itself. That’s the one I don’t understand as it may have faded by that time. I’ll also take spare unused tests just in case I have to have them witness me carrying out a test. 

Didn’t know you could still do that?  Was that PCR or Antigen?  Could you order one of their tests?

On 9/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, taglovestocruise said:

And covid will be down to zero soon, very soon, as we were told in April 2020. Can't believe it has taken this long!

A surprising number of passengers arrived for their Royal and Celebrity cruises this week at Pier 91 (Seattle to Alaska) either without their pre-arrival Covid test result, or a few showed up with their actual home testing strips.  They were under the mistaken belief that the test requirement had been dropped because their Alaska cruise was less that 10 days long, or that they could use home test kits.  They did not want to believe, or didn't see that the cruises that stop in Canada still required Covid testing (as well as being fully vaccinated if over the age of 12).

All Alaska cruise passengers arriving without a negative lab test result statement (printed or on their phone) were directed to the testing site at Pier 91 to take a Covid Test.  Cost of the test was $100 for each person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

A surprising number of passengers arrived for their Royal and Celebrity cruises this week at Pier 91 (Seattle to Alaska) either without their pre-arrival Covid test result, or a few showed up with their actual home testing strips.  They were under the mistaken belief that the test requirement had been dropped because their Alaska cruise was less that 10 days long, or that they could use home test kits.  They did not want to believe, or didn't see that the cruises that stop in Canada still required Covid testing (as well as being fully vaccinated if over the age of 12).

All Alaska cruise passengers arriving without a negative lab test result statement (printed or on their phone) were directed to the testing site at Pier 91 to take a Covid Test.  Cost of the test was $100 for each person.

Reading comprehension is something that is sorely missing nowadays.

• Like 2