Infinity Review

Terre

22 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Thank you for the nice review. We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Infinity, so it's nice to have a preview. Can you tell me where you took that photo with all the conch shells?

Yes, that was taken in Bimini.  There was a long, huge pile of them along the road next to what may have been a fisherman's house.  They were mingled with some trash, but there were so many and so beautiful I had to get a shot of them.

Enjoy your cruise, I know you'll love the Infinity.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thanks for your review.  Ugh, I was hoping the A/C issues were resolved.  I would be banging the captain's door down if I had what you experienced.  We board in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to be extremely upset if I have a warm cabin.  I sure hope not as I'm looking forward to the cruise.

The a/c is worrying me too now!

Thank you so much for that wonderful review with those awesome pictures. I am boarding Infinity on October 8th. So it was especially interessting for me.

Millenium Class ships are still my favorite ships of X. So I will cruise them as long we have the chance to so as i fear they are in the twillight of her time with Celebrity!

Tere- did you have to show a negative test before boarding?  I am not quite sure if they still requiere it.

Thank you very much indeed!

9 hours ago, malmalisme said:

The a/c is worrying me too now!

Yeah, it seems some people in comments have said it was good, and some not.  Might depend on location as some sections might be having issues and some not. 

I'm not sure what I will do if we can get the temp down around 72 or lower in the cabin.  I will have to talk to someone who will do something about it.  Even just showering and getting ready for dinner in a warm room is miserable.  We do take fans with us now on every cruise just to help.

Very much appreciate the detailed review! We are on Infinity Oct 1-8 (yes, going to be too short as we're usually on 10 days or longer!).

Read some other recent reviews and thought the a/c issues were corrected from the first few return to service cruises. Maybe, hit or miss depending on the cabin?

Interesting that some folks pay $60 and some $90 for a cart in Bimini (might be whoever is renting them on any given day). We are also going to rent a cart there to do some beach bar hopping, any recommendations from those that have done so?

Any other thoughts from those that have been on recently is appreciate, particularly if you have stayed in a Celebrity Suite and how you found the condition, etc?

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thank you so much for that wonderful review with those awesome pictures. I am boarding Infinity on October 8th. So it was especially interessting for me.

Millenium Class ships are still my favorite ships of X. So I will cruise them as long we have the chance to so as i fear they are in the twillight of her time with Celebrity!

Tere- did you have to show a negative test before boarding?  I am not quite sure if they still requiere it.

Thank you very much indeed!

Yes, we did have to show a negative Covid test.  I'm hoping by the time we cruise in November we won't have to.

• Thanks 1

Enjoyable review..easy to follow and lovely photos at the end.

On our last Infinity cruise the cabin environment was sub par... 

A/C  cut out several times in  the cabin at inconvenient times and  in the hallway..poor air quality.    Mildew in shower and on shower curtain...awful, clorox smell.  Flooded ( sewer smell) cabins down the hall.. fans blowing all day.

A Great ship  which needs a full  re-do..not just cosmetic makeover.

Glad you were able to overcome the downsides!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Enjoyable review..easy to follow and lovely photos at the end.

On our last Infinity cruise the cabin environment was sub par... 

A/C  cut out several times in  the cabin at inconvenient times and  in the hallway..poor air quality.    Mildew in shower and on shower curtain...awful, clorox smell.  Flooded ( sewer smell) cabins down the hall.. fans blowing all day.

A Great ship  which needs a full  re-do..not just cosmetic makeover.

Glad you were able to overcome the downsides!

Unless it's something I just can't live with, I don't complain, that's exhausting to me.  Had we not had the fan, I would have complained.  I didn't see any mildew.  I did notice a sewery odor when walking down the passage of the cabins.

I would like to know how the A/C was in the public areas please; MDR, Theater, Lounges. I've seen a number of complaints about some of the cabins, but not noticed any comments about the public areas. I am packing for our Infinity cruise that starts in three days, and if the whole ship is going to warm, that will alter the type of evening wear I bring, as those areas are usually kept pleasantly cool. Thank you for your thoughts.

10 hours ago, Terre said:

Unless it's something I just can't live with, I don't complain, that's exhausting to me.  Had we not had the fan, I would have complained.  I didn't see any mildew.  I did notice a sewery odor when walking down the passage of the cabins.

What fan did you have? One you take with you, or did you ask for it on the ship. Sorry if I missed that information earlier....

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

What fan did you have? One you take with you, or did you ask for it on the ship. Sorry if I missed that information earlier....

Doug

I pack my own fan and have never had it taken. I ask for an extension cord, and that hasn't been an issue either.

59 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

I pack my own fan and have never had it taken. I ask for an extension cord, and that hasn't been an issue either.

Thanks. I don't think we can fit a fan into  our luggage, but perhaps after flying to the departure port we can purchase an inexpensive one before boarding and stick a luggage tag on it. We'll just donate it to the cruise line after the cruise; we've done such things before and the ship donates to one of the charities when we vacate the cabin.

Doug

• Like 1

I wonder if the A/C issues are mostly balcony cabins.  I know with all the glass and the opening and closing of the doors, etc. We are in an inside cabin, and we generally have had better luck with the A/C keeping the room cooler in inside cabins than balconies, but our experience is only with Princess and not Celebrity.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

On 9/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, DDShawnee said:

I would like to know how the A/C was in the public areas please; MDR, Theater, Lounges. I've seen a number of complaints about some of the cabins, but not noticed any comments about the public areas. I am packing for our Infinity cruise that starts in three days, and if the whole ship is going to warm, that will alter the type of evening wear I bring, as those areas are usually kept pleasantly cool. Thank you for your thoughts.

I thought the public areas were comfortable.  I was never hot in any of the public areas.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, cruzfiend said:

I requested one from special needs for my asthma.  It was one on a stand.  It varies from ship to ship, I never know the size we'll get.

Sorry...I think this was for Doug.

Edited by Terre