Never doubt a minimum bid!

klfhngr

3 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Congratulations! My question on bidding is should I bid over what is on the screen for "current bids" or should I bid whatever is shown to be the starting bid? Or something in-between?

You should bid what you are comfortable with knowing if you won you would be happy with the amount you paid. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, IslandHppy said:

On an upcoming Grandeur back to back, the first leg will not let us bid- gives an error- says the data (booking #, name) is invalid, the second leg we have a lowish $50 bid in for inside to OV.   

Which dates are you booked for?  I'm on the Nov 13 out of Miami and was told all the balconies are unavailable on Grandeur. 

6 hours ago, Jfletch said:

Do we still have a chance to get the upgrade? Or would we have found out by now?

Welcome to CC.

If there's an active Roll Call thread for your sailing, you could ask there if anyone got anything (most wins are awarded around the same time). Otherwise keep tabs on your credit card - that may be the first indication you won. Yes, inside two weeks, there's still a chance to win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, klfhngr said:

We're on NoS and had a Promenade View room. I bid $150 pp for a Specious Ocean View Balcony and got it! Shocked! We paid $1300 for 2 for the Promenade, the balconies are now up to 3k! We paid $1600 total! Never doubt!

We have a very simple approach to RoyalUP bids: we always start by booking the category and location that we want, and then bidding the minimum on a category that we like upstream from that. We figure if we win with a minimum bid or if we don't we will be happy knowing that we started with the category we originally booked.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

When is your cruise, and when did you find out you won?

Congrats and enjoy that balcony!!

It's in Oct. I bid a month or so ago. I received an email yesterday saying that they tried to upgrade me, however my credit card bounced! It was compromised 2 weeks ago, so I never updated with new card info! So I called and they said that they would notify the Royal Up group. An hour later, I got the email that it was accepted!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jfletch said:

We are on NOS in 2 weeks. Do we still have a chance to get the upgrade? Or would we have found out by now?

My pass already shows a cabin number that’s what we booked. 

We go in 2 weeks also! Oct. 14. Idk what their timeline is, but keep you eyes open! My pass also showed my previous room, but it's been updated to the new one 😉

8 hours ago, Jfletch said:

We are on NOS in 2 weeks. Do we still have a chance to get the upgrade? Or would we have found out by now?

My pass already shows a cabin number that’s what we booked. 

You can be upgraded even on embarkation day, so as long as you don’t cancel your bid/s then you still have a chance.  It doesn’t matter that you already have a cabin assignment

8 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Congratulations! My question on bidding is should I bid over what is on the screen for "current bids" or should I bid whatever is shown to be the starting bid? Or something in-between?

The minimum bid was 100. I originally bid that but after seeing the current prices for a balcony, I upped it to 150 pp. It was on the very low end, but oh well, it worked!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Have friends on that sailing…..and soooooooooo want to go too, lol

Come with, lol! We usually cruise with groups of friends, anywhere from 10 up to 30 peeps. This time, wife and I are alone! This is our 20th cruise and first time alone, lol! We did a 10 day Med cruise in May on X with my parents, that was awesome! But first time alone. Sorta scared 😉 

• Like 1

Be careful of what you bid for.  I was recently on the Voyager of the seas in an inside room deck 7.  I bid for an outside and was reassigned two days before sailing to an outside deck two.  We were in the last room right next to where you disembark.  Our trip had 4 stops.  Each day around 6am, we could hear the gangway being set up right outside our window.  We also had hundreds of passengers standing outside our door waiting to get off.  Needless to say, this room was in a terrible location and was extremly noisy.  When we complained to guest services, they seemed surprised that were upgraded to this room.  We paid 100.00 per person.   We were told the ship was full and they could not change our room.  On day 3 just as we were heading out to dinner, we received a call that a room was now available on deck 7.  We were happy to change and from then on, the noise was minimal.

I guess in closing, try to find out what rooms are available.  Good luck!

Mary

• Like 3