The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 6th, 2022

richwmn

34 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am at my wit’s end here in Barbados.

It has rained all day and the forecast calls for rain everyday for the rest of our vacation.

This is a real bummer.  

We have internet and then we don’t.  I am in the middle of something and all of a sudden—poof! It disappears and i am told I am my Ipad is not connected to the internet.  i have had better service on Oceania, and that is not saying much!

The rain is getting to both of us.  This is not the vacation or anniversary we were hoping for.  Guess I have to buy some lemons and make lemonade.

DH said to me that he is sorry we did this and didn’t go on a cruise instead.  

Too late.  Here we are.  

I cancelled the future massage appointments that I booked.  I was in a lot of pain last night and it kept me awake.  I guess I don’t need anyone messing with the bruises right now.  Will wait for another time.

@grapau27Graham Happy Birthday and anniversary of your engagement.  Good way not to forget significant dates.

Today is the one year anniversary of DH’s brother’s passing.  A sad day for us as he was so special to us.  We will remember him in prayer in a special way.

i hope all is well with everyone and you are all staying out of harms way.

Take care and God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Paulines favourite cousin who was like a true sister to Pauline who emigrated to Adelaide Australia 17 years ago got married today 43 years ago.

I had bought Pauline the engagement ring she wanted and she was wanting to wear it  so with her cousins blessing we announced our engagement on the same day.

I will be 66 on October 27th.

Sending our thoughts on your husband's brothers first memory.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  We're back from our quick trip to Waco.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, not all things that happen on January 10 are bad.  Our younger DD was born on that date.

@marshhawk  Annie, DH keeps dental cement in his shaving kit in case a ctown comes off when we're traveling.  I hope your fire danger lessens.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry you had tummy problems on your birthday.  Ouch on the car repairs.

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, I'm sorry you couldn't do the walking tour.  Hope the rest of your time in Quebec City is good.

@SusieKIslandGirl  Thanks for pointing out the coincidence with the floor number, date and year.  I missed it.

@USN59-79  Ray, that was a great cruise.  We did the ship tour to the DMZ, and somehow our guide didn't get us on the little train at Tunnel 3.  That was a long steep walk down, and it seemed even longer and steeper coming back up.  At least, they had benches along the way to sit and rest.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm very sorry the weaather and internet are making your anniversary trip less than it should be.  I hope the weeather forecast changes for you.

@rafinmd  Roy, thanks for the pictures of the Maglev.  We'd planned on riding it in 2018, but we ran out of time.  It was very slow getting off the ship and through Chinese immigration.  We definitely wanted to get our ballots in the mail, so no Maglev.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Greetings on this sunny Friday,  snow has cleared except from some sheltered areas near  the top of the hills.

Thanks Rich, for posting the locations of the HAL fleet,and the daily, thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists,and mentioning DH, he is recovering well and eating soft food.  Thanks to the F and B ladies for the recipes, and thanks for the photos of todays destination.

A BIG thank you to those who mutiquote, certainly makes for easier reading of the daily thread.

@StLouisCruisers   I had intended to respond yesterday to your comment about Baldwin Street, Dunedin, yes it is officially the steepest street in the world, according to the Guinness Book of Records, there had been controversy about the fact, when a village in Wales UK, claimed the record, but measurements have been retaken, and Baldwin Street has the honour!

Also you mentioned the Cadbury Factory, Mondalez stopped chocolate production here, sold the buildings, the site has been cleared, plans are well underway  for a new hospital to be built.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I think I am ready to go tomorrow.  I'll have to make do with the clothes I've packed.  I went to the ATM so I have money.  Credit card, vaccine card, and passport are all in my purse.  All that is left is to get up tomorrow, shower, and get dressed.  Tom is picking me up at 6:30 to get to the airport.  I am totally looking forward to this.  I'll try to check in tomorrow.  Until then, wishing you all a good night.

• Like 25

Thanks for all your good wishes.  We are doing the best we can.

We had a lovely dinner tonight.

There was a barbecue with many delicious choices.

Steel drums to accompany our dinner.

The resort is doing the best they can under the circumstances.

The weather report indicates some periods of sunshine tomorrow.

We shall see.  I’ll believe it when I see it

Terri

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, dfish said:

I think I am ready to go tomorrow.  I'll have to make do with the clothes I've packed.  I went to the ATM so I have money.  Credit card, vaccine card, and passport are all in my purse.  All that is left is to get up tomorrow, shower, and get dressed.  Tom is picking me up at 6:30 to get to the airport.  I am totally looking forward to this.  I'll try to check in tomorrow.  Until then, wishing you all a good night.

Debbie, I hope you have a good, on time flight.  Enjoy the Dailyite get together tomorrow night, and have a great  cruise.

🚢 🎈 BON VOYAGE!  🥂 🍾

Lenda

• Like 12

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Greetings on this sunny Friday,  snow has cleared except from some sheltered areas near  the top of the hills.

Thanks Rich, for posting the locations of the HAL fleet,and the daily, thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists,and mentioning DH, he is recovering well and eating soft food.  Thanks to the F and B ladies for the recipes, and thanks for the photos of todays destination.

A BIG thank you to those who mutiquote, certainly makes for easier reading of the daily thread.

@StLouisCruisers   I had intended to respond yesterday to your comment about Baldwin Street, Dunedin, yes it is officially the steepest street in the world, according to the Guinness Book of Records, there had been controversy about the fact, when a village in Wales UK, claimed the record, but measurements have been retaken, and Baldwin Street has the honour!

Also you mentioned the Cadbury Factory, Mondalez stopped chocolate production here, sold the buildings, the site has been cleared, plans are well underway  for a new hospital to be built.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

What a terrible shame!  Shutting down the chocolate factory???  The world needs MORE chocolate!  Devastating news...😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning.

The rain is pouring down here this morning where it is a mild 60°F at 08.57am.

I have a little bit of pain in my right arm this morning where the new Moderna double booster vaccine was injected at 4pm yesterday but so far no other side effects to report🤞.

I hope everyone is safe and well and all our dailyite friends who are meeting up on a cruise soon have a truly wonderful time together.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks for all your good wishes.  We are doing the best we can.

We had a lovely dinner tonight.

There was a barbecue with many delicious choices.

Steel drums to accompany our dinner.

The resort is doing the best they can under the circumstances.

The weather report indicates some periods of sunshine tomorrow.

We shall see.  I’ll believe it when I see it

Terri

I do hope conditions improve but I can't help thinking it has to be better than the place you left.  I definitely hope that while you are away the contractor is working very hard and possibly even carving out one good room you can return to.

Roy

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I do hope conditions improve but I can't help thinking it has to be better than the place you left.  I definitely hope that while you are away the contractor is working very hard and possibly even carving out one good room you can return to.

Roy

Thanks Roy,

The contractor has not yet begun.  He is still negotiating with the insurance company that low balled the estimated repairs.  We are no where close to starting repairs.  I estimate it will be another 3-4 weeks before anything is started and then it will be about 8 weeks to completion.  And that depends on the availability of supplies and workers.

Terri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, dfish said:

Safe travels, Debbie! Enjoy yourself!

• Like 4