Non Responsive PVP

Clampram

I am looking for some input on my PVP and her behavior, and some insight as to the best way to handle this..

Several months ago, I called my PVP to get assistance in booking a cruise. There was no response. Over a period of 10 days I made 3 phone calls and left a VM with each. I also emailed twice and even found her FB page and sent a message with that app. No response to any of these.

So we booked the cruise ourselves.This was about 2 months ago

This week, I had a VM left by the same PVP and she is noting that she sees that we booked a cruise and that she is "still our PVP" and to contact her for any questions or future bookings. 

Is there a way to get rid of a PVP?? This behavior seems strange and I wonder if she is taking credit for this booking for financial gain?

Your thoughts please.Thanks

4 minutes ago, Clampram said:

I am looking for some input on my PVP and her behavior, and some insight as to the best way to handle this..

Several months ago, I called my PVP to get assistance in booking a cruise. There was no response. Over a period of 10 days I made 3 phone calls and left a VM with each. I also emailed twice and even found her FB page and sent a message with that app. No response to any of these.

So we booked the cruise ourselves.This was about 2 months ago

This week, I had a VM left by the same PVP and she is noting that she sees that we booked a cruise and that she is "still our PVP" and to contact her for any questions or future bookings. 

Is there a way to get rid of a PVP?? This behavior seems strange and I wonder if she is taking credit for this booking for financial gain?

Your thoughts please.Thanks

You can definitely request a new PVP/CVP, if you want to.  People change 

if they aren’t happy with their current one.

She should have not taken over this booking without your permission.

If she were to question your actions, I would be honest and tell her you booked it yourself or changed CVP’s (Cruise vacation planner) because of her lack of communication after multiple attempts.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can definitely request a new PVP/CVP, if you want to.  People change 

if they aren’t happy with their current one.

She should have not taken over this booking without your permission.

If she were to question your actions, I would be honest and tell her you booked it yourself or changed CVP’s (Cruise vacation planner) because of her lack of communication after multiple attempts.

I am not sure that we even want try  for another PVP.

She didn't say that she had "taken over" the booking but I have a feeling that this may be the case and that is really what's the big issue for me.

I ran into this when I was assigned a planner after a promotion for the one I had used. I asked for a supervisor and got a new PV assigned. There was nothing to be done about the booked cruise...it would have to have been cancelled and rebook. I was really irked but nothing to be done so I went with my current planner and have been happy. I would call the dept that lets you book and change online on your own and ask how to just go through them without a VP.  This was 8 years ago so many changes since then.

I sometimes wonder if the Mods should make about the first page of the Princess board answers to frequently asked questions. Finding a good CVP would be one of them. (They like to be called CVP now.) You're so not alone.

At one time, you could go to the FB CVP page and see how many followers each had, as a suggestion of how good they are. Not anymore.

So, luck of the draw. Just call 1(800) 901-1172 and request another.

What's that you say? You don't want to try for another? Then you are contenting yourself with things as they are, which you post you're unhappy about. Fine, sit around on hold for hours. Or maybe you will get someone you like who had a direct line for your needs. Sorry we can't give you ours.

10 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I sometimes wonder if the Mods should make about the first page of the Princess board answers to frequently asked questions. Finding a good CVP would be one of them. (They like to be called CVP now.) You're so not alone.

At one time, you could go to the FB CVP page and see how many followers each had, as a suggestion of how good they are. Not anymore.

So, luck of the draw. Just call 1(800) 901-1172 and request another.

What's that you say? You don't want to try for another? Then you are contenting yourself with things as they are, which you post you're unhappy about. Fine, sit around on hold for hours. Or maybe you will get someone you like who had a direct line for your needs. Sorry we can't give you ours.

I doubt that we will use another either. It would be wonderful to find a terrific TA but that is tough as well

When you go online and go as far as to pull up a cruise and look at staterooms, I think this gets into the Princess PVP system and the assigned PVP will then send you an email.   I think that is what I am remembering.   

We have the SAME problem.   ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE FROM OUR PVP.

This seems common and is just not acceptable.

Maybe Princess is seeing these threads and comments?

I know that Princess is having the same staffing issues that all other businesses seem to be experiencing.   At one point our PVP had an answering machine saying something to the affect of "volume of business, unable to reply right away, etc..."   Then still,  deafening silence since then.

Anyhow, once there is an actual booking, I think that the Princess CHAT has been helpful.

One person reported being told on the phone with Princess that the rep. could/would not help them, as they had to work thru their assigned PVP.    I believe they 'demanded' that somebody take care of their business.  

Your options are to try CHAT, to call the Princess number, or to go as far as to email some of the powers-that-be.  OR, find your own independent travel agent that might be more accessible.  We can't recommend travel agents here at all.   But I will say that if you do not know one, we had contacted a lady (and her husband) agent that tends to specialize in Princess, with videos posted to YouTube.   So, Youtube could actually be an option for finding a TA.  There are a lot out there!

I have always used PCC personal cruise consultant. Now I see people using PVP which I assume is personal vacation planner. When did things change or have they? Seeing as how we cannot use their names, I will just say we have had the same one for quite some time and have always been impressed with her being so cheerful and helpful whenever we call. Received a call last night she wished us  Bon Voyage and to enjoy our upcoming cruise.

21 minutes ago, Clampram said:

I doubt that we will use another either. It would be wonderful to find a terrific TA but that is tough as well

I intend this in a kind way. Sounds like you're dancing around the issue. You posted a problem, received a solution, or workaround, from five caring people in two hours and now decide to live with a problem that costs you nothing to fix. Take this small risk and get a other.  Ask for someone popular, it means they're hard workers.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

When you go online and go as far as to pull up a cruise and look at staterooms, I think this gets into the Princess PVP system and the assigned PVP will then send you an email.   I think that is what I am remembering.  

I look up cruises weekly and go as far as doing a faux booking, but CVP rarely ever contacts me. Once in a long while with some kind of promotion... Speaking of which - she hasn't contact me on her own in quite some time.

Since a Princess employee is not taking care of your needs, I'd move the booking to a private TA, just so they have to pay the commission to an outside agency. I don't like folks/companies that pocket money and don't do anything to earn it. Your PVP, or CVP, or whatever they are calling them these days has done nothing to service your booking.

• Like 2

@Clampram I thought "non responsive" was in the job description of the PVP.

In my tenure with Princess I have been assigned to four or five PVPs.  I don't know how people stumble onto the "wonderful PVPs" that they have.  If I was to characterize the best PVP I have ever had, I would say that she was competent.

I have booked every Princess cruise I have ever taken by myself.  I find that I can manage the cruises without any help.  Sure enough, I get emails from PVPs advising that they can help me book excursions, or they can get me the best deals on future cruises.  I am OK with them sending emails, but I see no added value in getting them involved,  I can do all that myself.  

My latest PVP interface.  A few weeks ago I had to cancel a December cruise.  We were trying very hard to make this cruise happen, but it was clear that a unique domestic situation was not going to be resolved.  About a ten days prior to the final payment date, I called our PVP.  Of course she was not sitting at her desk waiting for my call, but voice mail is a wonderful human advancement.  I left all the details of my cancellation request,  However, I know that even the most clearly expressed verbal messages can be misinterpreted.  So, I composed an email to her repeated my cancellation request and providing the pertinent details.

Four days later, I received a voice message from her saying that she needed verification that I wanted to cancel.  Also, I had to do so prior to the final payment date in order to avoid any penalties.

Four days later?  I shouldn't complain.  She did manage to work me into her schedule.

I called back and repeated my request.  I also resent my email.

Here is the good news.  My deposit for the now cancelled cruise was credited to my AMEX account within three days.

• Like 1

We have had the same PVP/CVP for over 20 years and she has done a great job for us.  Has there been a mistake once in a while, sure, but when contacted she quickly corrects it.  In talking with her this week, which took longer than normal for her return call, she apologized that they are extremely busy since it appears they have lost a number of planners, thus the long wait.

As an added note, be aware that if a cruise was originally booked for a third or fourth person with a Princess Plus Package, and you request to re-fare due to price decreases, the system automatically takes off the Plus Package from the extra passengers.  You need to request that they be put back on.  The only way to note this is looking at your trip summary page.  It's easy for a planner to forget to note it when they are very busy.

No way do I tolerate an incompetent CVP and that includes anyone who does not contact me same day (unless day off or sick) at the time we agree on (early afternoon). I will not tolerate the situation you describe @Clampram.

The one I worked with for over a decade, MR, was fantastic but retired.  Her replacement was a nightmare. [1] insisted on responding at night.  I don't answer the phone after 9 PM unless it's one of my children. If they call it's an emergency. Frustrated her to no end so we were obviously a bad fit. [2]  She scolded me more than once for going to another source (chat line) when I did not receive a response in 2 days.

My solution was to ask a friend on cruise critic who he used and and then call her and ask her to be my CVP in an email. She forwarded that to a supervisor who approved the change. My fallback was going to go to the same agency that that @Steelers36 uses. I don't need it for everything, But they sure are convenient when they are a good one

My new one (no I cannot give initials of a currently employed one) returns my calls between noon - 1pm. 

Edited by Ombud

Funny, I just called Princess with a question of how to have mine changed.   It seems she does not answer voicemails or emails.    It’s been a week since I asked her to call and several days after two emails.   

The lady I got in direct sales tonight explained I must call during corporate hours, Pacific time and request a change.    

She explained that it takes 7 weeks to train them and they are trying to catch to up staffing.   She explained, also, that the PBPs only work Monday to Friday.   No weekends.   

My old planner, pre Covid, was a dream.    Chalk up another service impacted by the shutdown.   

Same, I'm in Australia. I get constant emails from her. I emailed and phone her about a cruise. If had waited for her to get back to me I would have missed the deal. Today, she still hasn't returned my call or email.

I booked directly with cruiseline on the bookings line. Just ring them up and book now. I really don't need a PVP or CVP or whatever they called. They don't seem to add any value.

Edited by icat2000

31 minutes ago, ChiosFan said:

Funny, I just called Princess with a question of how to have mine changed.   It seems she does not answer voicemails or emails.    It’s been a week since I asked her to call and several days after two emails.   (P.O.?)

The lady I got in direct sales tonight explained I must call during corporate hours, Pacific time and request a change.   

She explained that it takes 7 weeks to train them and they are trying to catch to up staffing.   She explained, also, that the PBPs only work Monday to Friday.   No weekends.   

My old planner, pre Covid, was a dream.    Chalk up another service impacted by the shutdown.   

Yeah .... can't possibly take 7 weeks to learn how to answer an email. Sorry you're going through this. BTDT

Edited by Ombud

On 10/6/2022 at 4:56 AM, Clampram said:

I am looking for some input on my PVP and her behavior, and some insight as to the best way to handle this. Several months ago, I called my PVP to get assistance in booking a cruise. There was no response. Over a period of 10 days I made 3 phone calls and left a VM with each. I also emailed twice and even found her FB page and sent a message with that app. No response to any of these. 

So we booked the cruise ourselves. Is there a way to get rid of a PVP? 

Your thoughts please. 

On 10/6/2022 at 7:09 AM, Clampram said:

I doubt that we will use another either.  It would be wonderful to find a terrific TA but that is tough as well

On 10/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, Wishing on a star said:

We have the SAME problem. ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE FROM OUR PVP. This seems common and is just not acceptable.

Your options are to try CHAT, OR, find your own independent travel agent. 

There are MANY people who simply WILL NOT believe this... but you almost always will loose money and/or OBC/perks by booking directly. There are online cruise/travel agencies with lower prices and/or more perks. 

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2

It has become common knowledge that Princess is less than responsive to inquires, and once they've got all your money, they no longer have a need to be responsive to you. Perhaps this situation may change if they are able to get out of their economic straits, but there is the possibility that this may be their new business model.  Experienced Princess customers may remember that Princess was not terribly responsive (or truthful) to consumer inquiries even back in the pre-pandemic days, but that was no reflection on the service level of the exploited crew-staff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teecee60 said:

There are MANY people who simply WILL NOT believe this... but you almost always will loose money and/or OBC/perks by booking directly. There are online cruise/travel agencies with lower prices and/or more perks. 

I completely agree! So glad I have a great TA who responds immediately, saves me money and has better pricing. I will never book direct.

• Like 1

I usually do my own bookings through the Princess website so that when I want to make a change with a current promotion or price drop, I can call Princess and get it done immediately. I made the mistake of using my PVP once and when I wanted to make a change, she just never responded.  I finally called Princess and explained the situation, and they made the changes.  I feel once she had my booking, that was it!

Since then, I only book online where I can constantly check prices and make room or price changes myself. But I find it very interesting that only when I became Elite, did my PVP contact me EVERY time after logging on the website with a phone call and an email.  It is like sharks coming in for the feed.  But, I will never forget that one experience of no response after booking.  Will not do that again.

I wonder if she get any sort of compensation or credit if I don't use her directly.  I certainly hope not.  And I find it personally intrusive that every time I search around the website my privacy is invaded by her emails and phone calls.  For me, it is not worth anything extra she could provide if I cannot get a response after she has my booking.  

Oh yes, I know I could possibly get additional perks by using a TA but again, not worth it to me if I cannot make fast changes in bookings. 

• Like 1

Yes, often you can find some price discounts or additional perks with some agencies.  But, we found in our case, looking at a cruise that the cheapest fare was a promo fare offered thru our Princess Account that showed when we were logged in.  It really just depends.  Can't hurt to shop around.  But, I wouldn't immediately discount either way of booking.  Especially since Princess seems to have zero customer service right now.

• Like 1