Can you bring food from port back onto ship?

klfhngr

1 minute ago, BND said:

I'll have to look, but we don't have a Publix and I rarely go to Walmart.  I've been the family holiday pie baker for 30+ years.  So, usually make 3 or 4 pies for 25 people at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

LOL...can't blame you.  Bucky won't step foot into Walmart either, but I like going there very early in the morning for non-perishables and items I can't get anywhere else.  Indeed the Wyman's wild blueberries from Maine is one of them.  🙂 

• Like 1

I have no experience bringing food on board a ship that is loaded with food to give me when I cross over. I can't imagine a taco being that good, that you would not eat it while it was hot and fresh.  

But generally speaking, food is not permitted on or off the ships, for health reasons.  

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I have no experience bringing food on board a ship that is loaded with food to give me when I cross over. I can't imagine a taco being that good, that you would not eat it while it was hot and fresh.  

But generally speaking, food is not permitted on or off the ships, for health reasons.  

Would love to get off the ship, then return right away and chill by the pool eating my tacos, lol. Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Ugh, sorry, lol. Not the same.

LOL...wouldn't know...have never tried it, but it was very popular on Odyssey.  

We enjoy Panchos Backyard in Cozumel.  Both the one at the Carnival pier and the one in town.  Prefer to have our tacos there while at the restaurant.  😉 

Edited by island lady

As usual, I didn't read every post in this thread.  But, I will say that I have limited experience as I've never tried to bring anything on a ship that is freshly cooked and/or prepared.  I have brought on bottled items like Vanilla, curry ketchup, and a few other bottled items.  I've done it on every cruise but 2 and on two separate cruise lines.  And Royal's FAQ on prohibited items only mentions:

• Perishable Food & Meat Products

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...wouldn't know...have never tried it, but it was very popular on Odyssey.  

We enjoy Panchos Backyard in Cozumel.  Both the one at the Carnival pier and the one in town.  Prefer to have our tacos there while at the restaurant.  😉 

Not that it's bad, but compared to REAL Mexican Street Tacos?!  LOL!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BND said:

I know someone who was not allowed to bring Holy Donuts back onboard in Portland, Maine.  

I carried a six-pack of Holy Donuts on Voyager last Tuesday.  I just ran them through the x-ray machine.  We also carried some homemade fudge onboard from Saint John , NB.  We were warned upon return to Boston to not carry off any food or drinks that were not factory-sealed.

• Like 1

I have brought back vac pack sealed smoked salmon on board from various ports in Alaska.  Plus just recently local dry beans and package cheese from Curacao.  Have always brought back vac sealed cheese from the super delicious Amsterdam cheese house just outside the port in St. Maarten.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We have gone to Pachno's every time we've been to Cozumel and love it.  My wife is a big fan of their tortillas and I love their margaritas. 

Did not know there was one at the Carnival Pier.  Will have to check that out as we typically walk from the ship to the one downtown and then take a taxi back.  

21 hours ago, BND said:

I know someone who was not allowed to bring Holy Donuts back onboard in Portland, Maine.  

20 hours ago, BND said:

Well, she was not happy.  She had bought 6 to eat over several days.  Not the first time that policies differ from ship to ship.  We love Holy Donuts but we buy one and eat it right then and there 🙂  Going back Oct 2023.

What kind of monster takes several days to eat 6 donuts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We have gone to Pachno's every time we've been to Cozumel and love it.  My wife is a big fan of their tortillas and I love their margaritas. 

Did not know there was one at the Carnival Pier.  Will have to check that out as we typically walk from the ship to the one downtown and then take a taxi back.  

We've only been to the downtown location once.  We've been to the Carnival pier location at least 5 times.  You get a nice view of the water and ships.  It's an easy walk over there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We adore the original location down town...except on a hot day.   With no A/C and quite closed in with the courtyard, not allowing for the beach breeze...it can get a little sticky. 

The satellite version at the Carnival pier has inside, patio, and a nice "beach" set up in the sand along the seawall with great view of the ships right on the waterfront.  Much nicer on a hot day.  Same food, same great Margaritas, and same great service.  🙂 

3 minutes ago, BND said:

We've only been to the downtown location once.  We've been to the Carnival pier location at least 5 times.  You get a nice view of the water and ships.  It's an easy walk over there.

Our favorite as well.  🙂 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I have brought back vac pack sealed smoked salmon on board from various ports in Alaska.  Plus just recently local dry beans and package cheese from Curacao.  Have always brought back vac sealed cheese from the super delicious Amsterdam cheese house just outside the port in St. Maarten.  

Oh, that reminds me.  I often bring back a hunk of cheese, too.  Never been stopped from doing that. Not sure that it was vacuum sealed, either.  Just not even a second glance from security.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oh, that reminds me.  I often bring back a hunk of cheese, too.  Never been stopped from doing that. Not sure that it was vacuum sealed, either.  Just not even a second glance from security.

Love love that aged Gouda from Amsterdam cheese shop in St. Maarten!!   😋

Going to spend some time enjoying some of that wonderful French cheese next couple of weeks.  Yumm!!   And the wine that goes with it.  😉 

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.  If I am on a B2B (or B2B2B) and St Maarten is an early port stop, I'll buy a BIG hunk and nibble on it for DAYSSSSSSS.

LOL!!   Agree there!   Our neighbor lady across the street is from Holland.  I buy a chunk to give it to her when we get back.  She loves it when we go there. 😉 Unfortunately Harmony had to take a detour on the 18th sailing this month...no St. Maarten.   😞  Thanks a lot Fiona!!  

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

...2.  Our pastries from Two Fat Cats in Portland, Maine, were confiscated by port security.  I SWEAR they took them so that THEY could eat them...

That's when you stand there and lick every one and then throw them in the trash. 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We adore the original location down town...except on a hot day.   With no A/C and quite closed in with the courtyard, not allowing for the beach breeze...it can get a little sticky. 

The satellite version at the Carnival pier has inside, patio, and a nice "beach" set up in the sand along the seawall with great view of the ships right on the waterfront.  Much nicer on a hot day.  Same food, same great Margaritas, and same great service.  🙂 

Thank you both.  We will definitely check out the Carnival pier location on our next visit, although I am not sure when that will be.  Don't see any of our cruises next year scheduled to stop in Cozumel. 

• Like 1