Can you bring food from port back onto ship?

klfhngr

18 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I've never had an issue bringing food onto the ship.  Bringing it off is potentially an issue.

I know someone who was not allowed to bring Holy Donuts back onboard in Portland, Maine.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BND said:

I know someone who was not allowed to bring Holy Donuts back onboard in Portland, Maine.  

I've bought them onboard as well as lobster rolls from Portland and lobster rolls from Bar Harbor. Never had an issue.

1 minute ago, mets123 said:

I've bought them onboard as well as lobster rolls from Portland and lobster rolls from Bar Harbor. Never had an issue.

Well, she was not happy.  She had bought 6 to eat over several days.  Not the first time that policies differ from ship to ship.  We love Holy Donuts but we buy one and eat it right then and there 🙂  Going back Oct 2023.

1 minute ago, BND said:

Well, she was not happy.  She had bought 6 to eat over several days.  Not the first time that policies differ from ship to ship.  We love Holy Donuts but we buy one and eat it right then and there 🙂  Going back Oct 2023.

Take it out of their box and put it in a plain brown bag.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BND said:

Just put it in your backpack. Out of sight. Seems to work. Fruit is supposed to be a no no but a guy with one said well if they catch me they do. Food is smuggled on and off all the time. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Just put it in your backpack. Out of sight. Seems to work. Fruit is supposed to be a no no but a guy with one said well if they catch me they do. Food is smuggled on and off all the time. 

Believe me, I know.  Cozumel can be eye opening.  There's always a trashcan full of fruit that people have tried to carry off but the dogs catch.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

That's funny- just a couple of weeks ago, we saw people get Holy Donuts on the ship, and we brought some food from the bakery just across the road from the ship on board.  Yummy breakfast in our cabin for a few days.

And a few days later, we brought cookies on board that we bought at a "craft fair" that was held by local veterans in Sidney - this isn't the one in the port, BTW.

Not once have we had problems bringing food on the ship.  

9 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

That's funny- just a couple of weeks ago, we saw people get Holy Donuts on the ship, and we brought some food from the bakery just across the road from the ship on board.  Yummy breakfast in our cabin for a few days.

And a few days later, we brought cookies on board that we bought at a "craft fair" that was held by local veterans in Sidney - this isn't the one in the port, BTW.

Not once have we had problems bringing food on the ship.  

Okay.  I'm just reporting what she posted the day it happened.  It was pre-Covid.  Telling me that others have done it,  doesn't change her experience.   As I said, we've never brought food back onboard so no experience.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1