Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

Remember the lady we met in line for entrance into the terminal. She lost her husband not too long ago and this was her first ever cruise that she was supposed to go on with her husband.

We ran into her again. Her name is Elaine. She felt relieved that she saw us. She is still struggling as she does not know what to do. We gave her some suggestions and finds out she is on our excursion tomorrow in Cozumel. We told her to hang with us. Linda and I have adopted her and promised her a good time. I gave her our cabin numbers and our phone numbers. I told her if she had any questions, concerns or felt lonely to call us. We would be there for her. Felt good to help someone in need. It renews my faith in humanity.

• Like 62
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes apparently it is up and running. Here is a speed test.

FF9B3B45-EA74-4C00-951B-9890DC6EDCFA.thumb.jpeg.5b22a1c48af1d4d7c34efe35ed3cb47d.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong I love my wife more than anything but it is nice to be able and hog the bed!

You need a King Bed, plenty of room.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that you ran into her again. I think you and Linda "guiding" her along this week will make her feel more at ease. What you are doing is such a great thing. Your willingness to help other people is what makes you such a wonderful person. Can't wait to meet and sail with you on the Bella Cruise along with the rest of our "CC Family".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As always between our teams, it was a great game.  I don't think we've seen the last of each other this year.

I just love Josh Allen. In my opinion he’s a better QB than Mahomes. Chiefs O line was horrid. Going to be a long season for the chiefs if they don’t start playing better.

4 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Glad to hear that you ran into her again. I think you and Linda "guiding" her along this week will make her feel more at ease. What you are doing is such a great thing. Your willingness to help other people is what makes you such a wonderful person. Can't wait to meet and sail with you on the Bella Cruise along with the rest of our "CC Family".

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Not sure what the reason was for a broken collarbone but our meeting with Elaine was meant to be. She needed someone to help her and watch over her. I can tell she is still grieving. Linda and I are determined to be a guardian Angel for her.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Remember the lady we met in line for entrance into the terminal. She lost her husband not too long ago and this was her first ever cruise that she was supposed to go on with her husband.

We ran into her again. Her name is Elaine. She felt relieved that she saw us. She is still struggling as she does not know what to do. We gave her some suggestions and finds out she is on our excursion tomorrow in Cozumel. We told her to hang with us. Linda and I have adopted her and promised her a good time. I gave her our cabin numbers and our phone numbers. I told her if she had any questions, concerns or felt lonely to call us. We would be there for her. Felt good to help someone in need. It renews my faith in humanity.

That is so very nice that you and Linda are taking her under your wings.   

I'm sure she will have a blast and be so happy she met such a nice couple to enjoy her cruise with.🥰

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How awesome.🙂

• Like 5

Wow-So great that you and your wife have taken Elaine under your wings!  I can not imagine first cruise, by myself, and grieving the loss of my husband.  I am so impressed by her courage.  Please keep us updated and thank you for your acts of kindness 🙂💕

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry about your injury, glad it wasn't worse. Thanks for being there for Elaine, this also renews my faith in humanity.  Enjoy your cruise, make many happy memories.😊

• Like 3

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Not sure what the reason was for a broken collarbone but our meeting with Elaine was meant to be. She needed someone to help her and watch over her. I can tell she is still grieving. Linda and I are determined to be a guardian Angel for her.

She is so fortunate to have met you two during this cruise! ❤️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, Nancy.... it is CC after all 😕.

Besides, I have a reputation to maintain, being the "owner" of one of the longest running threads on RC's boards, along with Ken, aka @Ourusualbeach 😉

And we thank you for that!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Not sure what the reason was for a broken collarbone but our meeting with Elaine was meant to be. 

If you had not broken your clavicle maybe you would have been walking around or standing instead of sitting where you were.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you had not broken your clavicle maybe you would have been walking around or standing instead of sitting where you were.

Good point. I would have stood instead of asking to sit down because of my shoulder.

• Like 3

Top Tier info:

Captain Marvin said the ship was full with guest numbering shy of 4,000 and a crew of 1,000

I did not  get all C&A counts but I did hear

there was 963 Gold, 143 Emerald, 269 Diamond and 52 Pins. Top Cruiser had 2,689 points

Entertainment was provide by a couple of the Royal singers.

D5A982B3-558F-4685-9DA1-31AE74825C80.thumb.jpeg.12e3db62b4dde4fec929791c44d19367.jpeg

and a pretty good imitation of Rodney Dangerfield by on of the MDR Head Waiters.

Good time was had by all. 

A47C8FE8-BFE7-4BC2-B4C5-AF4850BD9454.thumb.jpeg.3db24304e9a12621c3cf60800484bf2f.jpeg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 8

Following along with your review Greg and sorry about your accident, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Me and my better half will be on the November 14th sailing on the Liberty and I would like to ask you if you could do me a small favor, our favorite bartender may be working on the ship and his name is 

Kashaka [Shaka] Lathum and he's from St. Vincent and if you happen to run across him and get the chance to speak to him can you ask him when he goes on vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Miami Vice said:

Following along with your review Greg and sorry about your accident, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Me and my better half will be on the November 14th sailing on the Liberty and I would like to ask you if you could do me a small favor, our favorite bartender may be working on the ship and his name is 

Kashaka [Shaka] Lathum and he's from St. Vincent and if you happen to run across him and get the chance to speak to him can you ask him when he goes on vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

Will do. Does he work any particular bar?

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Is a DL staff member severing the CAS HH snacks in the DL or has it gone back to self serve? 

I wish I could answer that but we are not Diamond yet and can’t go in. If I can find out the answer I’ll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lunch in the MDR.

4AB87042-27E9-475E-8487-124477CF1EAE.thumb.jpeg.969e19376ab60ba54e956af635fca1a3.jpeg

42E4E39C-E8B6-41EC-B53A-69F870799CAD.thumb.jpeg.37684dc673e7fbb4b110b2fc2675df77.jpeg

Starter a nice Caprese Salad.Nice and light.

F97730E8-EB1B-4F4B-83BD-F20F43C1CEA8.thumb.jpeg.05b3f1f5902d14e9c4e9a9d197ad4762.jpeg

Juxtaposition with a heavy Grilled Sirloin with a Bearnaise Sauce and French Fries. Steak had a great grilled taste to it.

D467F87F-9106-4013-94FA-51B7E629D50F.thumb.jpeg.09ad7b93874b53e21791b563ec7d81bb.jpeg

Dark Chocolate Custard for dessert. Can’t go wrong.

Overall a very nice lunch.

Going to get some sun on the top deck, listen to some great Reggae and take a nap See you later.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 12

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:
30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Is a DL staff member severing the CAS HH snacks in the DL or has it gone back to self serve? 

I wish I could answer that but we are not Diamond yet and can’t go in. If I can find out the answer I’ll let you know.

I suspect is self-serve.  We aren't Diamond, either, but two weeks ago on Voyager, everything in the Suite Lounge (except bar drinks) was self-serve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Will do. Does he work any particular bar?

Main pool bar but that may have changed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank God I gave good insurance. Can you imagine the cost if this happened on the ship?

Yeah....after 3 trips to the ship infirmary...

One trip to ER in St. John, Canada,

Trip to ER and Emergency Surgery in Halifax...

We have been home for 5 days now.  We had our bill from the ship before disembarking in Halifax...

We received our ER bill from St. John today...

One more bill to come.....the big one from Halifax....(scary, scary, scary😢)

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How very kind of you and Linda;  but we already knew that about the two of you.  Enjoy your excursion with your new friend, Greg!!

• Like 3