Icon suite pricing

Tin can

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Booked ICON earlier this morning JY and after 5hrs, price already gone up $1k

WHAT?  I thought the booking page would not appear till this evening???  No booking page at all for ICON online as of this morning at 9:00.  Just how did you book?

Edited by CruiseTherapy

19 minutes ago, CruiseTherapy said:

I thought this evenings booking reveal was a special for C&A Diamond and up members?  

So did we, however at 4:30am we could see everything that was available for all ICON sailings without being logged in

Even at that time a lot of Suites were not available (whether blocked or sold no idea of knowing)

5 minutes ago, loman said:

LOL , just did a mock booking for a crown loft ...  36k 

You could book this or buy a new car .😂

Is that the Icon Loft Suite price, not seeing any Crown Loft suites on Icon, but $36k regardless of what it’s called, that’s a big chunk of 💰 

per person or for two?

40 minutes ago, CruiseTherapy said:

Where did you find this pricing?

The UK website this morning (about 6 hours ago), it was priced GBP £ which I converted into dollars for the post.

There was a post on another thread that the UK site was slightly cheaper than the US one but I'd imagine on day one of sales it will be quite volatile at the moment as PompeySailor's comment.

39 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Booked ICON earlier this morning JY and after 5hrs, price already gone up $1k

I just booked a sky junior suite - don’t think that’s in the sky class but it said it had access to the suite sun deck, concierge service so ticked the boxes. The jump up to grand suite for the 3 of us (1 kid) was 7k USD which I just don’t understand at all. I feel like I’m missing something … what am I missing?! Lol 

Also even not spending the extra 7 it was still extortionate  -//

But I’ve never been in one of these huge ships before so might as well go big or go home!

1 minute ago, blondcat said:

I just booked a sky junior suite - don’t think that’s in the sky class but it said it had access to the suite sun deck, concierge service so ticked the boxes. The jump up to grand suite for the 3 of us (1 kid) was 7k USD which I just don’t understand at all. I feel like I’m missing something … what am I missing?! Lol 

Also even not spending the extra 7 it was still extortionate  -//

But I’ve never been in one of these huge ships before so might as well go big or go home!

Check your category if it says JY it sure is Sky Class, that is in Suite neighborhood and all Sky class perks apply.

New Sky class level for ICON on Deck 16 and 17 (8 total)

The other Junior suites are Sea class

• Thanks 1

We booked a regular balcony room for Feb. 2024. We like to do suites but I just couldn't justify the price. I asked our oldest about the possibility of selling him to the highest bidder but he declined (I am disappointed in his attitude). We did a regular balcony on Wonder this past March and were pleasantly surprised by the room so we will hope for the best again with Icon.

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Thank you 😊 
There was only 1 JY (for 2) left when we booked.

I expect that a substantial percentage of the ship's calendar has been blocked out for TA's to book their clients.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I expect that a substantial percentage of the ship's calendar has been blocked out for TA's to book their clients.

Cruising power only opened at 6am, so TA’s could not do group bookings  before then 😉

Maybe that early, other mysterious algorithms were running to block suites, as we now see previously blocked suites now available.

Also seeing a trickle of cabins opening that allow 2 in a cabin, earlier most availability was for 3 or more.

looks like they are drip feeding the staterooms to all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NameThatFunnel said:

I've looked at several dates this morning and I not seen any C&A suite/balcony discounts being applied, same prices without member number.

I noticed that too. Not that the discount is huge, but it'd definitely help take the sting away a bit.

I just randomly checked a 7 night eastern sailing (Sept 2024) and all JS mid and aft are sold out.  There are 3 forward on deck 11 and a few on 10 and 9 available.  You're paying for a lot of bells and whistles that some will never use.  But, cabins are obviously selling.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Cruising power only opened at 6am, so TA’s could not do group bookings  before then 😉

Maybe that early, other mysterious algorithms were running to block suites, as we now see previously blocked suites now available.

Also seeing a trickle of cabins opening that allow 2 in a cabin, earlier most availability was for 3 or more.

looks like they are drip feeding the staterooms to all.

I don't think it has anything to do with CruisingPower, but that RCL knows what the TAs historically request when a new ship debuts, so they pre-block based on historical precedent TA activity. We saw the same behavior on Wonder when it first debuted, and now that the TA activity has slowed and cabins are being released from their blocks, cabins across all categories are popping up.

Just now, orville99 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with CruisingPower, but that RCL knows what the TAs historically request when a new ship debuts, so they pre-block based on historical precedent TA activity. We saw the same behavior on Wonder when it first debuted, and now that the TA activity has slowed and cabins are being released from their blocks, cabins across all categories are popping up.

Makes logical sense 👍🏻

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Is that the Icon Loft Suite price, not seeing any Crown Loft suites on Icon, but $36k regardless of what it’s called, that’s a big chunk of 💰 

per person or for two?

You are probably right , it looked like a crown loft for 2  . lol .  No thank you.