Icon suite pricing

Tin can

12 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I guess P T Barnum was right…..

I wouldn't buy at these prices, but not everyone who wants to spend more money on me for something is necessarily a sucker.  If they value it more than I do and have the money to spend, more power to 'em.

Also, it's getting to be pretty funny to read this same thread every time a new ship comes out.  "Oh my God, the prices are ridiculous!!"  Pricing outrage threads are becoming every bit as entertaining as chair hog and tipping threads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Tin can said:

It really is a fabulous ship and I looked this morning at possibly changing my Harmony Western Caribbean in March 2024 as its almost the same itinerary with a stop at Coco Cay. It is though $9000.00 for three (our son is 13 years old) in a Junior Suite or $16000.00 in a Grand suite 😳.

I know its a 'new level' suite experience and the ship looks fabulous but I booked a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony for $6500.00 so is the Icon suite experience $10k better?

The ship will sail full I have no doubt, I'm getting older though and like my comforts when cruising and Icon sadly is a bit too expensive for me.

I hear you. I have an A1 (2 bedroom aqua theater suite) on Harmony in December 2023 for $7500 for 2 people. I looked at Icon to possibly book early 2024 instead and a sky junior suite was over $9,000. Star class vs a jr suite? Easy decision.  We have a CLS in April and it is also way less expensive than the jr suite on Icon.  While I really want to try out that suite neighborhood, we will wait until the hype dies down and is transferred over to Utopia when it debuts as the newest and shiniest ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Check your category if it says JY it sure is Sky Class, that is in Suite neighborhood and all Sky class perks apply.

New Sky class level for ICON on Deck 16 and 17 (8 total)

The other Junior suites are Sea class

Ooh yes so it says “Sky Junior Suite - JY” on my confirmation. Looking at it again I think it was much cheaper on this booking because my daughter had some discount which looks like it was free for her ? Hope i didn’t enter her as a 1 year old or something 

Edited by blondcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't get my link until 1000 am CST.  Good thing I realize we probably won't cruise on this ship for awhile at prices beyond my willingness to pay.  This will go on the back burner for a few years.  For those who booked, enjoy. 

• Like 1

EVERY new ship is priced at a premium over older ships. Doesn't matter the cruise line or the ship class. A $10k jump in the same cabin is not unheard of when you're talking about a brand new class of ship. If it was just Utopia of the Seas having a $10k jump over previous Oasis Class ships, then I would be surprised. But Royal Caribbean does plenty of research and they know where to price for the market they expect to cruise on this ship. You'll see Icon prices go down when the second ship is released. Certainly some sales between now and then but don't expect significant price decreases for the first 2 years at least. She will be a VERY hot ship and if you want to cruise on her, you'll have to pony up to get your cabin. Good luck all! 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

People need to relax and don't book anything right now. Then Royal will adjust prices lower. But if people still book expecting prices to come down later, it won't happen.

Don't book anything NOW!

I understand your point, but more than enough people will likely book Icon now or in the near future at current prices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseTherapy said:

WHAT?  I thought the booking page would not appear till this evening???  No booking page at all for ICON online as of this morning at 9:00.  Just how did you book?

I was online shortly before 9:00 and had mine booked by 9:10.  

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Is that the Icon Loft Suite price, not seeing any Crown Loft suites on Icon, but $36k regardless of what it’s called, that’s a big chunk of 💰 

per person or for two?

For giggles I looked at our March break for the lift (Star Class) and only $56,000.  I’ll pass. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

I was online shortly before 9:00 and had mine booked by 9:10.  

I'm on the left coast and bookings were available at 10 PM Sunday night, west coast time. That's when I booked. I'm guessing it opened up at midnight east coast time.

Prices are way too rich for me, although I do like the idea of a JS that is Sky class. From comparing some categories, it seems like Royal puts about $1K per person “value” on Sky Class vs. Sea class. Having identical size cabins in Sea and Star makes it easy to compare.

mac_tlc

😂😂😂😂 so just priced it up for us family of three.

2 adults on own inside room £1966. ( base price £983 per person)

2 adults 1 child inside room ( eligible for kids sale free) £2584.... Divided by 3 = £861 ish. Or £1223 each plus £138 tax. Child showing as £0.

So they push up the base price and make it sound  like kids sale free when clearly they do not. Does make me giggle.

Looks a good ship but will wait till she or one like her comes to europe and save on flights.

Edit sorry inside room not a suit, just saw pricing.... 😂

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

3 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

2 adults 1 child inside room ( eligible for kids sale free) £2584.... Divided by 3 = £861 ish. Or £1223 each plus £138 tax. Child showing as £0.

So they push up the base price and make it sound  like kids sale free when clearly they do not. Does make me giggle.

Looks a good ship but will wait till she or one like her comes to europe and save on flights.

Makes perfect sense ! Looks like my daughter is free but the base price for us was £££. Nice bit of detective work there family cruiser UK!

I can’t help but have a bit of buyers remorse now I’ve had time to read back through the comments on this thread suggesting the prices might drop down quite a bit in the future. But I swear every time I’ve looked for good deals on harmony or wonder I never find anything! That’s why we keep getting a posher suite on an older ship. A week in this sky junior suite on icon is 2 x the price of what we paid for a week in the royal suite on adventure *eye roll*. So now I feel a bit silly but have 2 years to save up to pay the bill which makes it sound less bad and it does look like an ICONIC ship (sorry, couldn’t help it!) 

17 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Now price that with a 13 year old...

2 hours ago, blondcat said:

Ooh yes so it says “Sky Junior Suite - JY” on my confirmation. Looking at it again I think it was much cheaper on this booking because my daughter had some discount which looks like it was free for her ? Hope i didn’t enter her as a 1 year old or something 

Have looked throughout the entire ship and cannot find any Category labeled Sky Junior Suite (all the JS I can find are Sea class). Just curious what is the cabin number you booked?

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have looked throughout the entire ship and cannot find any Category labeled Sky Junior Suite (all the JS I can find are Sea class). Just curious what is the cabin number you booked?

There are only 8 of them, near the front of the suite neighborhood on decks 16 and 17.  The forward-most suites on those levels are the 10 Panoramic suites, with the Aqua Dome enclosing what would otherwise be the balcony on those rooms.  I'd expect both categories to be very similar aside from the balcony design.

Just now, Newcruiser215 said:

Suite category is showing as sold out on every sailing now. Must be a glitch. 

Yep and every other category is guarantee as the room type. Was in the middle of booking a cabin and kicked me out and said guarantee only. 

1 hour ago, fweegy said:

I'm on the left coast and bookings were available at 10 PM Sunday night, west coast time. That's when I booked. I'm guessing it opened up at midnight east coast time.

Yes that's when I saw them as well. I decided to pass as we need two suites.