Icon suite pricing

Tin can

35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have looked throughout the entire ship and cannot find any Category labeled Sky Junior Suite (all the JS I can find are Sea class). Just curious what is the cabin number you booked?

Deck 16 and Deck 17

Four on each deck

The aquamarine ones 3rd and 4th from front

07606DDF-3D07-4E3D-93B9-3C83CD35C071.jpeg

22983C10-3A8C-4C2D-A3DF-7BF8603F2903.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

3 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Deck 16 and Deck 17

Four on each deck

The aquamarine ones 3rd and 4th from front

07606DDF-3D07-4E3D-93B9-3C83CD35C071.jpeg

22983C10-3A8C-4C2D-A3DF-7BF8603F2903.jpeg

I didn't notice before but of the 8, 2 are handicap accessible, further limiting the standard inventory to 6.  Those will be hard to come by, like most of the suites other than the Seaside Family ones.

Sky Junior Suites JY

Deck 16 Portside 16008

Deck 16 Portside 16010 (Accessible)

Deck 16 Starboard 16030

Deck 16 Starboard 16032 (Accessible )

Deck 17 Portside 17006

Deck 17 Portside 17008

Deck 17 Starboard 17028

Deck 17 Starboard 17030

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Junior suites cannot be held in group space

Someone is holding them back. I checked 20 different cruise dates (both eastern routes and the western) on Icon where every suite was sold out. Logistically impossible within four hours of bookings being opened.

BTW, I did not say anything about group space, only that they were being held out of inventory so their top TAs could book them for their top clients.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

Royal Loft Suite 61k for two at the height of hurricane season in October.  What could go wrong.

Your "mortgage" is denied and you lose your non-refundable deposit.

I can't image paying mortgage prices for a 7 night cruise.  I would rather put a down payment on a snowbird condo.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 3

Ya’all have a good time.  I’ll wait until she’s a bit used….I will read your reviews.  

I priced a balcony mid August (Hurricane) and it was 4K.  I can spend 2 weeks on Harmony out of Galveston for that. Plus we prefer longer especially if there’s airfare involved.  The suite prices are crazy.  

We will sail her but not yet.  

I haven’t read all of the responses but what was booked today may be canceled tomorrow once people realize what they’re spending. Personally the ship really doesn’t appeal to us at this time. I’m sure one day we will give it a try. We’re currently docked at Coco Cay and after walking around, it appears as though RCI dropped this island on top of the Icon. The prices are crazy but if people want to pay to say that they were first on board then go ahead and enjoy. 

6 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Unfortunately, no staterooms overlook the aquatheater on Icon. Coastal Kitchen has a 2 story window where the shows will be visible.

What is the surcharge for those window tables?  Several Benjamins?  😄

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Haha 2

I totally expected pricing to be inflated, but that's not what I'm bummed out about. WHY do so many suites have beds that face the living space?! The perk of the "side by side" configuration is that you're not facing other people while sleeping and can draw a curtain for privacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

I haven’t read all of the responses but what was booked today may be canceled tomorrow once people realize what they’re spending. Personally the ship really doesn’t appeal to us at this time. I’m sure one day we will give it a try. We’re currently docked at Coco Cay and after walking around, it appears as though RCI dropped this island on top of the Icon. The prices are crazy but if people want to pay to say that they were first on board then go ahead and enjoy. 

It will be interesting later today and into Wednesday when all the courtesy hold cabins open back up ( i know of quite a few that are on hold, and will not be booked)

On 10/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, mac_tlc said:

Prices are way too rich for me, although I do like the idea of a JS that is Sky class. From comparing some categories, it seems like Royal puts about $1K per person “value” on Sky Class vs. Sea class. Having identical size cabins in Sea and Star makes it easy to compare.

mac_tlc

I priced a sky junior suite and a "regular" sea class junior suite on the same sailing and the difference was even higher.  Sky junior suite was just over $9K total for two, the sea class junior suite was around $5,500 total for two.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I priced a sky junior suite and a "regular" sea class junior suite on the same sailing and the difference was even higher.  Sky junior suite was just over $9K total for two, the sea class junior suite was around $5,500 total for two.

I would imagine that as the small number of Sky JS’s begin to sell, the difference will only go up. I could convince myself at $1K —— almost —- but not $9K total. I’ll head over to the Edge/Apex/Beyond/Ascent for a Suite that includes a lot more. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

😂😂😂😂 so just priced it up for us family of three.

2 adults on own inside room £1966. ( base price £983 per person)

2 adults 1 child inside room ( eligible for kids sale free) £2584.... Divided by 3 = £861 ish. Or £1223 each plus £138 tax. Child showing as £0.

So they push up the base price and make it sound  like kids sale free when clearly they do not. Does make me giggle.

Looks a good ship but will wait till she or one like her comes to europe and save on flights.

Edit sorry inside room not a suit, just saw pricing.... 😂

This is always true. They charge more for 3 and 4 berth cabins than for 2 berth cabins. Over Thanksgiving I got 2 connecting 2 berth cabins for 3 for only $200 more than one 3 berth cabin would've been. Nice thing about full suites is they are all multiple berth so you actually get real savings with kids sail free.

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

I would imagine that as the small number of Sky JS’s begin to sell, the difference will only go up. I could convince myself at $1K —— almost —- but not $9K total. I’ll head over to the Edge/Apex/Beyond/Ascent for a Suite that includes a lot more. 

mac_tlc

We are actually thinking the same thing.  We have never sailed Celebrity before but are going to start doing some research.  I need to call and get a loyalty number though so I can look at pricing online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GetToLivin said:

I totally expected pricing to be inflated, but that's not what I'm bummed out about. WHY do so many suites have beds that face the living space?! The perk of the "side by side" configuration is that you're not facing other people while sleeping and can draw a curtain for privacy.

This, beyond the massive price, seems like most suites have no way of dividing the "bedroom" from the "living room." In general that's the greatest appeal of a full suite to me.

1 hour ago, OSUZorba said:

This, beyond the massive price, seems like most suites have no way of dividing the "bedroom" from the "living room." In general that's the greatest appeal of a full suite to me.

Exactly - a suite category is preferred for us when traveling with our teen. It's both the space and the "separation" of spaces that made it ideal. Just kind of surprised this configuration is in so many rooms...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, Jimbo said:

People need to relax and don't book anything right now. Then Royal will adjust prices lower. But if people still book expecting prices to come down later, it won't happen.

Don't book anything NOW!

We booked our sky JS and very glad we did - we were looking at 2 dates only due to other bookings we have and now for both sailings we wanted all the sky JS suites completely sold out. 

so it really depends on what you are looking for as to whether you book now or later

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, orville99 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with CruisingPower, but that RCL knows what the TAs historically request when a new ship debuts, so they pre-block based on historical precedent TA activity. We saw the same behavior on Wonder when it first debuted, and now that the TA activity has slowed and cabins are being released from their blocks, cabins across all categories are popping up.

When I booked my JY I had full option of availability for every cabin in that category. Probably helped that I was online when bookings opened. So no hey we’re not slowly releasing suites - would make no sense as  that was the first category they would want to sell as that’s their revenue generator. Hours later they were sold out.

I do know they drip fed some of the lower category cabins. 

Edited by Spurschick