online checkin

Cruiseskier

Just now, Cruiseskier said:

What time of the day (45 days) before our cruise can we check in?  Is it 12am EST or sometime in the morning?  Also, are arrival times to board the ship available by what time you check in or does it go by cabin category?

You choose your boarding time.  Check in early for best selection.  time starts at midnight.

18 minutes ago, D C said:

12:01 AM! 

Stay up late or set an alarm if you want to check in early. 

Is this eastern time? So on the west coast I'd be able to check in at 9:01p PST, right?  Thanks

Edited by martymcfry

28 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Check-in used to be 45 days prior, its now 30 days, if you check-in early on the day of you can get any embarkation time you want !

According to Celebrity, I can check in on Oct 27 for my Dec 11 cruise, that's 45 days.  If it doesn't let me I will update this post.

36 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Check-in used to be 45 days prior, its now 30 days, if you check-in early on the day of you can get any embarkation time you want !

I checked in for a December 1 Equinox cruise on October 17, 45 days prior. Maybe 30 days prior is a new change? I know luggage tags are available 30 days out.

Usually 12:01am on port of departure 45 days prior to departure- but not always.     

I just checked in for a cruise from LA in December.   Being on the West Coast I tried at 9:30 PDT (12:30 AM EDT) and it was not open yet.   When I got up next morning at 7:00 am it was open and I could see from our roll call some had already logged on.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

I am always "prompt" and worry if I am going to be late.  If I get an onboard time of 11:30 and by chance end up shopping on 17th St in FLL and not get to ship until 1ish or so, will I need to worry about "being late"?  I know this is an odd question but I need confirmation.

55 minutes ago, dazey said:

I am always "prompt" and worry if I am going to be late.  If I get an onboard time of 11:30 and by chance end up shopping on 17th St in FLL and not get to ship until 1ish or so, will I need to worry about "being late"?  I know this is an odd question but I need confirmation.

Definitely do not checkin in for your cruise the day after it departs.  You will likely miss your airline flight too.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Usually 12:01am on port of departure 45 days prior to departure- but not always.     

I just checked in for a cruise from LA in December.   Being on the West Coast I tried at 9:30 PDT (12:30 AM EDT) and it was not open yet.   When I got up next morning at 7:00 am it was open and I could see from our roll call some had already logged on.

Just saw this.  We got off the Beyond this morning and I totally forgot that check-in opened.  

5 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

We just checked in at 45 days for an infinity sailing. 

I checked in t 45 days on the Beyond, and they gave a choice of many times for the terminal. Still unable to get e-docs, which I don't need since I have our boarding passes, or luggage tags. I called, X and was told they should be available at 30 days.

18 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

You choose your boarding time.  Check in early for best selection.  time starts at midnight.

A minor nit here.  You do not choose your "boarding time."  What you are choosing is the time you should arrive at the terminal to begin the check-in process.   

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

A minor nit here.  You do not choose your "boarding time."  What you are choosing is the time you should arrive at the terminal to begin the check-in process.   

Yes, but that terminal arrival time should also dictate the order in which you are going to board the ship (after suite boarding) correct?

Also, I am assuming if I want to have the earliest chance of boarding the ship then I will need to check in at midnight, 45 days prior to sailing for the earliest selection of available slots.  Correct?

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Wrong.  If you checked in online, you should have an express pass. When you get to the pier at your designated time, they just look at your express pass and your passport then you go on the ship.

3 hours ago, scottygirl said:

I am going on the Silhouette with my adult sons in December.  We will all check in separately.  I am sure I will be first to check-in.  Will we all get different check in time?  

It is possible that if you checkin separately you will get different times unless you do it on the first day (early).

Another suggestion is that if you are both on the same reservation you will be able to see both Checkins.    After you select your time using the app go to his checkin and select the same time.

I find it easier to do on the App as you can go direct to Boarding Time and select a time and don't need to complete the reset of checkin until later.   The web version you have to go through all the screens and the time is one of the last screens.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Yes, but that terminal arrival time should also dictate the order in which you are going to board the ship (after suite boarding) correct?

Also, I am assuming if I want to have the earliest chance of boarding the ship then I will need to check in at midnight, 45 days prior to sailing for the earliest selection of available slots.  Correct?

I am not sure what time it starts, but I checked in at about 8am and was able to get boarding times of 10:30am for us.