Icon of the Seas, Tiny Diamond Lounge, bad location?

umbrahold

Excited about the Icon, overall very impressed with the ship. With one notable exception.... 

The Diamond Lounge appears to be both small and without windows? Check out Deck 5 of the deck plan, it's tiny and has no windows. 

Worries that Royal might be phasing Diamond club out...

14 minutes ago, umbrahold said:

Excited about the Icon, overall very impressed with the ship. With one notable exception.... 

The Diamond Lounge appears to be both small and without windows? Check out Deck 5 of the deck plan, it's tiny and has no windows. 

Have you noticed the current location of the Diamond Lounge on just about all of the Oasis class ships?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, umbrahold said:

Welcome to CC and bite your tongue! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, umbrahold said:

you have described just about every diamond lounge in the fleet, built in the last decade, with the exception of Allure

Edited by not-enough-cruising

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they eliminated diamond club since they now give us 4 free drinks at any bar , I would occasionally get morning coffee there a a danish .

I (we) hope not. We have always enjoyed the DL in the early evening for pre dinner drinks and a snack. Most recent RC cruise was a Caribbean B2B cruise on the Explorer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flamingos said:

"large"  For this person, a 'large' lounge isn't necessary. 

Now that would depend on the ship, itinerary, and time of evening. The ships we've cruised on and when we go to the DL , no issues with crowds or service. We consider ourselves DL lizards. 😁🍻

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

I hope not as we just made diamond this month and have not had a chance to darken the doorstep of a diamond lounge yet!!!

The Diamond Lounge is nothing to get too excited about. Like another poster mentioned, I wouldn’t miss it if they removed it from every ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The Diamond Lounge is nothing to get too excited about. Like another poster mentioned, I wouldn’t miss it if they removed it from every ship. 

And I wouldn't miss suites or the flowrider if they removed them.  Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Maybe not but it feels like a milestone for us.  Who knows if we will ever make D+?? We may never go to another DL after the first time but the option is nice.

• Like 6

To me, the most important feature of the lounge is access to the concierge.

As an example, lately I have been using suspenders to hold my trousers up.

I once failed to pack the suspenders, so I explained my problem to the concierge, and he said he would call the tailor, and when I got back to my stateroom, there were suspenders. They are like your personal guest service representative.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

They could eliminate the DL and I wouldn't even notice the difference. One visit and I won't be back.

A lot of peole would notice.  On our  recent cruise on Adventure the DL was often filled to capacity with a very large spillover into the Viking Crown Lounge. 

It's not just about the drinks.  It's about the ability to meet people and establish lifelong friendships, somthing that's simply not going to happen sitting around a noisy bar.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, umbrahold said:

It is actually on Deck 6 not deck 5 according to the plans next to the Escape room.

Now that Diamond and above get drinks put on their cards (and need to use those vouchers if getting drinks in the lounge) there is no need for it to be as large. It will be less crowded compared to when you used to not get vouchers and only got drinks in the lounge.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

This is the trend.

They could eliminate the DL and I wouldn't even notice the difference. One visit and I won't be back.

Wholeheartedly agree.  I became diamond last year after covid changed diamond protocols.  I was in the diamond lounges of the Oasis and Symphony and just didn't understand the furor over it.  I'm sure it was different when that was the only place to the complimentary drinks, but now??.....Meh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

A lot of peole would notice.  On our  recent cruise on Adventure the DL was often filled to capacity with a very large spillover into the Viking Crown Lounge. 

It's not just about the drinks.  It's about the ability to meet people and establish lifelong friendships, somthing that's simply not going to happen sitting around a noisy bar.

Just sharing my opinion. I guess if you’re in one of the cliques it could be fun, but it’s small, quiet, and definitely not my vibe.

Enjoy the lounge though (while it lasts).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1